JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

We need 30 people for this event. Will you be there?

• Total voters
Not only are these events a lot of fun but they send a great message out to the community. Also when we say community it is all inclusive. I'm sure we have members here that have headed out to target practice and then left behind targets, spent cartridges, aluminum cans, boxes, tires, old computers, and a host of other stuff. All of the items mentioned and more we have cleaned up, we even hauled a car that had been shot up from this exact area two years ago. If you have done so then please, next time take the time to clean up after yourselves or we will find these places closed. That's the rear end chewing part that I know some deserve however I think that most of us already understand that we have to show the entire community that we are responsible folks. The other part is that the community as a whole gets to see that there are indeed some of us that care enough that we will go out and show others what good stewardship is. We are not all just a bunch of idiots that don't care about being responsible.

I need to complete the list of volunteers who attended this cleanup. Eight of you signed in on the NWFA sheet but some did not.

Joe Link offers a green status upgrade banner under your user name; '2016 Volunteer'.

The members who did sign in are:

GunRightsCoalition,
Lone Wolf,
Joe13,
Caveman Jim,
Playboy Penguin,
Wifey,
Mikej,
Keepinitreel.

I know there were other NWFA members so please confirm.

Thanks,

Cogs.

Alright guys, I believe I got everyone! Anyone who didn't receive their 2016 Volunteer badge please PM me ;)

Thank you for your help!

I was there, too. Ross Phelps. I was in the grey jacket, and came with Taija, the blond who borrowed someone's red jacket. We're the ones who left after the raffle.
Oh yes. Taija had a good conversation with Ian, as I recall. Was nice to meet you both. Thanks for coming!

I was there, too. Ross Phelps. I was in the grey jacket, and came with Taija, the blond who borrowed someone's red jacket. We're the ones who left after the raffle.

I really enjoyed watching you two work, with a little play thrown in there to make it fun. Thank for your participation and hard work. (my back is still sore watching you guys)!!!;)

Well, I was sure glad to see some new members getting up there to help out! And thanks to the folks that aren't on NWFA that heard about this on Facebook and came out. Outstanding that these folks came out in that mess to lend a hand. I would hope that @lambene, @Vorpalis @Bello425, along with some that I forgot or didn't get their monikers, will continue to read/participate in the forum. And I believe it was new member @USNJefe who I asked to help put couple of REALLY heavy bags up in the truck and he jumped right on it, very nice young man and lady friend.

Also a real treat for me to meet some regulars, @Caveman Jim, @Joe13 , @GunRightsCoalition, (Thank you for letting me shoot your .300BLK!) @KeepnitReel, @PlayboyPenguin. I know there's some others I'm forgetting. Thanks for the Smoked Kokes Jim. I'm a beer drinker so they're a good happy hour snack.

And then there some serious KUDO'S for @Cogs, he put in a ton of time and effort to bring all this together. And I though Cogs son was really nice, and a good shot too. Thanks to the folks that brought the huge barbeque and got burgers/dogs going just before I was going to leave. Wifey and I were wet and cold after we ran out of bags and stopped working, warm drive home sounded better than anything else at that point.

A bit after eating the rains stopped, the sun tried to come out and the shooting commenced! I was glad we decided to hang on. And shooting with a group like this, that's so safe and pays attention is really fun. I get up to the mountains to shoot so seldom that I was going to be real disappointed if I didn't get to shoot my new rifle. So I did get to shoot and went home quite satisfied with the day. It's so different shooting in the wide outdoors, don't need to double-up on muffs and plugs like at the indoor range. Now I'm looking forward to the Tillamook clean-up, and I sure hope we can get a "Drier" day for it.

Thank you all!

A big thanks to @Cogs , and everyone else who contributed, for putting this together. Even though Taija had to pour out her rain-filled boots several times, and both our hands were too numb to stay and shoot, we both had a lot of fun, felt welcomed, and we're already excited for the next cleanup!

A big thanks to @Cogs , and everyone else who contributed, for putting this together. Even though Taija had to pour out her rain-filled boots several times, and both our hands were too numb to stay and shoot, we both had a lot of fun, felt welcomed, and we're already excited for the next cleanup!

I was thinking, "What is it with all these North Westerners that don't have proper rain gear?" Do ya'll just stay indoors from October to late April? :D I have the gear but I do stay out of the rain for the most part. My old Gortex raincoat isn't as waterproof as it was 20 years ago! I had some soggy spots too.

Well, I was sure glad to see some new members getting up there to help out! And thanks to the folks that aren't on NWFA that heard about this on Facebook and came out. Outstanding that these folks came out in that mess to lend a hand. I would hope that @lambene, @Vorpalis @Bello425, along with some that I forgot or didn't get their monikers, will continue to read/participate in the forum. And I believe it was new member @USNJefe who I asked to help put couple of REALLY heavy bags up in the truck and he jumped right on it, very nice young man and lady friend.

Also a real treat for me to meet some regulars, @Caveman Jim, @Joe13 , @GunRightsCoalition, (Thank you for letting me shoot your .300BLK!) @KeepnitReel, @PlayboyPenguin. I know there's some others I'm forgetting. Thanks for the Smoked Kokes Jim. I'm a beer drinker so they're a good happy hour snack.

And then there some serious KUDO'S for @Cogs, he put in a ton of time and effort to bring all this together. And I though Cogs son was really nice, and a good shot too. Thanks to the folks that brought the huge barbeque and got burgers/dogs going just before I was going to leave. Wifey and I were wet and cold after we ran out of bags and stopped working, warm drive home sounded better than anything else at that point.

A bit after eating the rains stopped, the sun tried to come out and the shooting commenced! I was glad we decided to hang on. And shooting with a group like this, that's so safe and pays attention is really fun. I get up to the mountains to shoot so seldom that I was going to be real disappointed if I didn't get to shoot my new rifle. So I did get to shoot and went home quite satisfied with the day. It's so different shooting in the wide outdoors, don't need to double-up on muffs and plugs like at the indoor range. Now I'm looking forward to the Tillamook clean-up, and I sure hope we can get a "Drier" day for it.

Thank you all!

^^^^ what he said, was also wet & tired even though I only had raked for 15 mins & was done (due to my bad back). I had to stop at the Toledo rest area & nap for an hour......
The next time I go to one of these cleanups I'll bring a box of construction grade bags so we don't run out, it's a small price to pay to help get the job done.
Plus I'll bring some more raffle prizes and more smoked fish.;)

I was thinking, "What is it with all these North Westerners that don't have proper rain gear?" Do ya'll just stay indoors from October to late April? :D I have the gear but I do stay out of the rain for the most part. My old Gortex raincoat isn't as waterproof as it was 20 years ago! I had some soggy spots too.

That's funny;)

All of my waterproof stuff is in my hunting bin right now and I was too lazy to go dig thru it lol.

Aaand I didn't want to show up in head to toe hunting camo, it might have gotten dirty or something :p

I didn't think it would be quite THAT wet out there :oops:.

I think I might go look for some waterproof hiking gear at the end of the season and see if I can find a good deal on something that isn't hideous:rolleyes:

^^^^ what he said, was also wet & tired even though I only had raked for 15 mins & was done (due to my bad back). I had to stop at the Toledo rest area & nap for an hour......
The next time I go to one of these cleanups I'll bring a box of construction grade bags so we don't run out, it's a small price to pay to help get the job done.
Plus I'll bring some more raffle prizes and more smoked fish.;)

Yes please!

I thought about cutting a hole for my head and arms and using one as a poncho but we ran out of bags so fast that it didn't seem reasonable.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top