JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry Bubba your Intel is el wrongo. Since Costco picked up the concession to sell spirits in WA state the cost of spirits has gone through the ROOF. I paid $20.20 for a 1.75L bottle. Eight dollars and thirteen cents is just for Liter tax and sales tax.

Lucky me.

I used to gripe and groan and I was sure the state liquor board was screwing us. Before liquor sales were privatized here a pint of Jameson was $15.00 and I thought that was steep. Now a pint of Jameson will run you $25. Thanks a bunch Costco.

As a rule these days all I can afford is what I call turpentine or paint thinner. Sometimes I like it with OJ or pop or just water. Life ain't too fancy here.

And the Trolls enter NWFA again........:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Sorry Bubba your Intel is el wrongo. Since Costco picked up the concession to sell spirits in WA state the cost of spirits has gone through the ROOF. I paid $20.20 for a 1.75L bottle. Eight dollars and thirteen cents is just for Liter tax and sales tax.

Lucky me.

I used to gripe and groan and I was sure the state liquor board was screwing us. Before liquor sales were privatized here a pint of Jameson was $15.00 and I thought that was steep. Now a pint of Jameson will run you $25. Thanks a bunch Costco.

As a rule these days all I can afford is what I call turpentine or paint thinner. Sometimes I like it with OJ or pop or just water. Life ain't too fancy here.

Sorry Bubba, thank the voters that didn't do their home work and just listened to television ads and read lawn signs, for the high price of Jameson.

Please Oregon voters, don't allow our liquor to be privatized! I love my local liquor store, Rose City Liquor in NE Portland on Sandy. A small place with friendly knowledgeable people, and a HUGE Selection of liquors. From the lowest shelf vodka to the highest shelf tequila. Everything from mixers to jello shot cups, martini onions and olives with all the stuffings, ice, lemons/limes, swizzle sticks and cocktail pics. Cigars, cigarettes, pints, half pints and minis. Most everything to make any concoction imaginable. Why anyone would want to buy their booze at a huge box store is beyond me. I haven't seen the cheep liquor is in Nevada or California so I don't know about that, but I'd say if a buck or or three on a half gallon booze is that big of an issue, well, you might have other problems that need addressing.

Washington? You just got what you asked for :s0092:

If I like or can at least tolerate someone I'll often refer to them as Bubba or Slim. If they start calling me names well that changes the whole ball game.

Earlier today me and another guy (I assume he's a guy) had some words. As luck would have it we were able to straighten things out amicably without moderators or administrators wading into the thick of it.

As far as I am concerned the matter is closed.

Last Edited:
Sorry Bubba, thank the voters that didn't do their home work and just listened to television ads and read lawn signs, for the high price of Jameson.

Please Oregon voters, don't allow our liquor to be privatized! I love my local liquor store, Rose City Liquor in NE Portland on Sandy. A small place with friendly knowledgeable people, and a HUGE Selection of liquors. From the lowest shelf vodka to the highest shelf tequila. Everything from mixers to jello shot cups, martini onions and olives with all the stuffings, ice, lemons/limes, swizzle sticks and cocktail pics. Cigars, cigarettes, pints, half pints and minis. Most everything to make any concoction imaginable. Why anyone would want to buy their booze at a huge box store is beyond me. I haven't seen the cheep liquor is in Nevada or California so I don't know about that, but I'd say if a buck or or three on a half gallon booze is that big of an issue, well, you might have other problems that need addressing.

+1 on Rose City Liquor

I was a huge supporter of privatizing liquor in Oregon, then I saw what happened in Washington and spoke with a few of the local distillers on how it would effect them and have reversed my position. State's going to get it's money regardless, and it's not going to pass up a change to get more if it comes around.

I noticed that someone mentioned the price of booze in AZ. Way CHEAPER there than in WA... Example Makers 46 in WA after tax is $44 and in Peoria (Mariners pre-season) it costs $27.50 after tax. CA is a buck more than AZ
WA would have been fine but the lawmakers (Dem control at the time) added a 20.5% liquor tax and a liter tax and then we pay 9.8% sales tax on the booze AND TAXES!
F-ing crooks.................:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You probably don't have to buy any HRD to get an idea of how it tastes. Just mix 2 parts rubbing alcohol to one part kerosene, and you'll have a pretty similar beverage.

In no special order:
Tito's
Kettle One
Monopolowa
Crater Lake
and the newest addition; Vikingfjord. It has replaced Monopolowa as it's cheaper and just as good ( both potato, btw)

Mono, Viking and sometimes Tito's are for Greyhounds.

Key-tal eine , CR and sometimes Tito's are for 'tini's, up, 2 olives... sometimes a bit dirty.

my other spirit is bourbon. Favorite is Blantons neat, sometimes one ice cube. Too expensive to drink often so my other is Wathens, drank the same way but I digress... this is a vodka thread :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top