JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This has been coming up more and more often: some people have an internal monologue, they hear a voice when they think or read (most times their own voice but sometimes not I guess). And others just have thoughts.

I for sure have an internal monologue. I talk to myself, when I'm reading or writing I hear myself talking, if I'm thinking of a song I can hear it in my head, etc. But I also have thought that aren't accompanied by a voice. Sometimes in picture form, sometimes just a thought. And when I talk there is no internal monologue, but someone do. So I guess I'm a hybrid.

That's my deal, what's yours? I'm interested in how other NWFA members think.

This has been coming up more and more often: some people have an internal monologue, they hear a voice when they think or read (most times their own voice but sometimes not I guess). And others just have thoughts.

I for sure have an internal monologue. I talk to myself, when I'm reading or writing I hear myself talking, if I'm thinking of a song I can hear it in my head, etc. But I also have thought that aren't accompanied by a voice. Sometimes in picture form, sometimes just a thought. And when I talk there is no internal monologue, but someone do. So I guess I'm a hybrid.

That's my deal, what's yours? I'm interested in how other NWFA members think.
Same. If I'm skimming, I may not hear words but when I read slowly I do.

When I'm writing, I hear every word. I don't know whose voice it is, but he sounds hella smart. :D

I not only talk to myself internally, but I also sometimes post to myself on gun forums...

EDIT- sorry, did it again. Please disregard this post.

:eek:

voices.jpg

Hum!
I always thought the inner monolog was someone's ability to keep their yapper shut, as apposed to not having one, and just spewing every random thought that pops into their head, often with disastrous results, just look at Brandon!

I have an inner voicemail, leave a message and I'll get back to ya! :s0140:

Definitely possessed of an inner voice, all day, every day. It's the last thing I hear at night and it's there when I wake up. In my dreams too. And it pops out randomly aloud when I'm alone. Like a companion.

It's strong, and sometimes I need to ask others... "Say that again please, I was somewhere else." Better than missing something important.

As an alternative to the inner dialog, I listen to a lot of audiobooks. Funny, if I listen to audio words and try to read something else with my eyes at the same time, they cancel each other out - completely - nothing absorbed via either sense. But I can listen to books (a wide variety) and compose/type completely unrelated, detailed stuff at the same time - stories, logistics/plans, legal correspondence, financial analyses, etc.

Don't know why/how. It just works that way.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads