JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read a theory once, a completely unprovable one, but it was still interesting.

It suggested early humans had much more of a separation between hemispheres of the brain and so thoughts were not considered self. The higher levels or consciousness would communicate to the other parts of the brain through what would essentially be a command hallucination.

So one may experience this as having a voice inside your head which told you what to do but it did not feel like it was you talking. Like a hallucination in schizophrenia or what we see in the movies as a split personality.

It would explain why humans seem to have developed endless pantheon's of gods over the ages because they all thought some higher power was talking to them and telling them what to do.

It would also explain why there is still a large amount of psychosis in humans where people hear voices as if someone else was talking to them or telling them what to do.

For most, this worked itself out over time and genetics so that the voice in your head and yourself seem to be the same.

My wife has accused me of not answering her when she's asked me a question.

I tell her, I already answered you.

She then says "Out loud?"

So, I guess sometimes I internalize speech instead of externally.

I also hear myself when reading.

My wife has accused me of not answering her when she's asked me a question.

I tell her, I already answered you.

She then says "Out loud?"

So, I guess sometimes I internalize speech instead of externally.

I also hear myself when reading.
If you hear yourself when you read, you have internal monologue. If you don't answer your wife when she asked a question, you just a typical man. 😉

For those who don't enjoy (or feel they benefit from) the inner monologue, there's this interesting book.
IMG_0475.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads