JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really like Northwest Harvest; Costco's Kirkland Vodka is pretty good too.
Cheap vodka of choice would be Kamchatka.
YA, Kam.... is not bad..one of those I might try filtering......:D

Just a general FYI moment...........

Costco can only sell Beer & wine in Oregon.
The State runs liquor stores, and I think they are funding the whole Oregon government, with the prices they charge.....:(:mad::confused:

YA, Kam.... is not bad..one of those I might try filtering......:D

Just a general FYI moment...........

The State runs liquor stores, and I think they are funding the whole Oregon government, with the prices they charge.....:(:mad::confused:

One of the saddest parts about moving up here from NV.

I never realized how much we were getting screwed in the NW until I moved to AZ recently.

I hope you didn't move to Phoenix.

A friend was telling me just last night about his 1 week mandatory (training) stay in downtown Phoenix.

He said it is full of gangs, not safe to leave his hotel room after dark. Shuttered strip malls, graffiti everywhere, broken store windows.......said it is a 3rd world country.

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(

I did actually. I'm on the west side and haven't seen or had any problems yet. I've been told one area in south Phoenix that I should just stay out of though.

I hope you didn't move to Phoenix.

A friend was telling me just last night about his 1 week mandatory (training) stay in downtown Phoenix.

He said it is full of gangs, not safe to leave his hotel room after dark. Shuttered strip malls, graffiti everywhere, broken store windows.......said it is a 3rd world country.

YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(

Grey Goose is great Vodka but too $$$$$$$$
I have found this Vodka that is better than Grey Goose but much less
exspensive. Costco sells it. Tito's Vodka
http://www.titosvodka.com/
I'm a scotch an bourbon drinker but the wife does vodka. Grey Goose is a favorite but costco is her everyday drinker. Filtered 6 times is tough to beat but the expensive stuff at Costco is supposed to be Grey Goose (filtered 5 times). She loves Titos more than Costco's so I gotta trust her cause she chose me :cool:

I did actually. I'm on the west side and haven't seen or had any problems yet. I've been told one area in south Phoenix that I should just stay out of though.

We moved from the Phoenix area to Hillsboro. There are a couple areas I would not venture into at night, but by and large, its a fairly safe city. It is a city of roughly 5M people so you will have big city problems. There are lots of great things about AZ that we miss though. Those 5M people aren't one of 'em.

Back on topic, I like Platinum to have at home. $18-20 a 1.75L and smooth enough for me. I used to like Belvedere but then got some hobbies besides drinking :D

Will have to try Burnetts though with all the good feedback on it. I hear Tito's is pretty good as well.

We moved from the Phoenix area to Hillsboro. There are a couple areas I would not venture into at night, but by and large, its a fairly safe city. It is a city of roughly 5M people so you will have big city problems. There are lots of great things about AZ that we miss though. Those 5M people aren't one of 'em.

Back on topic, I like Platinum to have at home. $18-20 a 1.75L and smooth enough for me. I used to like Belvedere but then got some hobbies besides drinking :D

Will have to try Burnetts though with all the good feedback on it. I hear Tito's is pretty good as well.

YA, Platinum is filtered 7 times.......for whatever that's worth.......If you use cheap, lousy ingredients in the first place, does filtering smooth it out and make it "non-hangoverish"?

5 million people in Phoenix????????...........YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!
Medford is getting too big for me 75k in the city, 213k in the whole county!!!!

I'm a scotch an bourbon drinker but the wife does vodka. Grey Goose is a favorite but costco is her everyday drinker. Filtered 6 times is tough to beat but the expensive stuff at Costco is supposed to be Grey Goose (filtered 5 times). She loves Titos more than Costco's so I gotta trust her cause she chose me :cool:
Ya, Tito's is good stuff.

"I gotta trust her cause she chose me":s0114::s0060::s0078::s0092:

YA, Platinum is filtered 7 times.......for whatever that's worth.......If you use cheap, lousy ingredients in the first place, does filtering smooth it out and make it "non-hangoverish"?

5 million people in Phoenix????????...........YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!
Medford is getting too big for me 75k in the city, 213k in the whole county!!!!

Looks like pulling data from memory failed me again. Recalled state info from when I was there in place of city info.

AZ population is at 6.7M, PHX population is "only" at 1.5M but is admittedly low due to undercounting of the Hispanic population.

OK, Now.........

I'd like to try filtering some of the cheaper stuff and see if I can get some "contaminants" out.

Burnetts & Stoly and a few other of "less quality" can give me a slight headache on occasion.

But I think that can be filtered out????????????????????

Do I need to buy a water filtration system, like one of those 1 gal water purifiers that you put in your refrigerator?

Is that what is used, or a coffee filter, or what?

Thanks.:D

OK, Now.........

I'd like to try filtering some of the cheaper stuff and see if I can get some "contaminants" out.

Burnetts & Stoly and a few other of "less quality" can give me a slight headache on occasion.

But I think that can be filtered out????????????????????

Do I need to buy a water filtration system, like one of those 1 gal water purifiers that you put in your refrigerator?

Is that what is used, or a coffee filter, or what?

Thanks.:D

I used a Brita water filter pitcher, $20 or $30 at Bi-Mart. Ran it through 5 times I think (I don't remember exactly) but it took away a lot of the paint thinner/mineral spirits smell.

Sorry Bubba your Intel is el wrongo. Since Costco picked up the concession to sell spirits in WA state the cost of spirits has gone through the ROOF. I paid $20.20 for a 1.75L bottle. Eight dollars and thirteen cents is just for Liter tax and sales tax.

Lucky me.

I used to gripe and groan and I was sure the state liquor board was screwing us. Before liquor sales were privatized here a pint of Jameson was $15.00 and I thought that was steep. Now a pint of Jameson will run you $25. Thanks a bunch Costco.

As a rule these days all I can afford is what I call turpentine or paint thinner. Sometimes I like it with OJ or pop or just water. Life ain't too fancy here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top