JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a bourbon drinker. Wild Turkey is my "thing".
But the wife likes "girlie" drinks. One of them uses Pinnacle Whipped vodka. Whipped like whipping cream. Alcohol shouldn't taste like candy! :D I doubt I'd drink too much of it, but a shot or two sure goes down easily.

We use Burnetts Vanilla vodka when making kahlua. It's much smoother than many of the "bargain" brands.

If you like vodka then you need to try Crater Lake Vodka from Bend Distillery. They make several flavored vodkas including pepper, but their best is called CL Reserve which is filtered 100 times. Gary

Last Edited:
I wish my local liquor store would have a tasting of vodkas so I could see if there really is much of a difference between a $7.00 and a $30.00 bottle. Me? I buy only bottom shelf. If they had a shelf in the basement that was cheaper than the main floor bottom shelf I'd buy that. Bloody Mary's are all I use vodka for. Come to think of it, had a Filipino neighbor that I would give my salmon/steelhead carcasses to and he would bring me cane vodka back from the Philippines when he visited there. Unique tasting.

Gin is my drink when I'm in the mood for the hard stuff. Burnett's for gin & tonic/gibsons, and New Amsterdam if I'm going to sip.

If you like vodka then you need to try Crater Lake Vodka form Bend Distillery. They make several flavored vodkas including pepper, but their best is called CL Reserve which is filtered 100 times. Gary
Well I quit drinking at the end of hunting season.Got so cleaned out trying to make a fat old man hike at 7000 feet that I sweated about 10 pounds off by the end of the trip. Don't worry I gained it back
Anyway,I drank Pinnacle vodka cause I went thru too much to afford the Crater lake.
Wonderful stuff that Crater lake.Find a health food store that sells cranberry NECTAR and add ice and vodka.
Problem is that the vodka makes the strong nectar taste like the cocktail mixes and you forget there is vodka in it.
Till you stand up

I don't always drink vodka, but when I do, I settle for Sobieski. Everything else either tastes like Aqua Net or costs more than it's worth.

<broken link removed>

I am not a Vodka drinker but my wife loves the stuff :D This is her go to cheap Vodka. She says it taste great. When it comes to the pricey stuff she likes 44 north potato vodka made buy our friends to the east in Idaho:cool: http://44northvodka.com/

One thing I learned about vodka is it is the simplest alcohol out there really. Much is done to eliminate flavor with the high end stuff you can't develop a flavor for anything. If you like vodka and don't want to spend the money. Get decent vodka and a good filter to run it through.

I'm more of a bourbon guy (cheers to turkey!), but I think New Amsterdam at $10/fifth is the best vodka deal right now. My favorite sipping vodka would be Medoyeff, made by Bull Run here in Portland.

WoW....I usually drink $20 (Oregon prices) Vodka, sometimes $25, but like some of the higher priced stuff, and think some of the higher priced stuff is a Rip..........

I'm going to buy some Burnetts and try filtering it......sounds interesting.

Gona' try Hood River.

Platinum is usually inexpensive, reasonably good Vodka............7 times filtered.

I LIKE the taste of Vodka, and find some of the "smoother".....Crater Lake. etc., "TOO SMOOTH":D...no real "taste".

Thanks for replies everyone,.................(except whiskey drinkerso_O:confused::D:))

Don't forget after filtering, add some character back.

Drop a couple chili peppers in the vodka, and let it sit a couple weeks.

I did that with some russian standard, and some thyme that grows wild in my back yard. Now when I make marinara... boom. Vodka to release extra flavor, and a thyme infusion.

Don't forget after filtering, add some character back.

Drop a couple chili peppers in the vodka, and let it sit a couple weeks.

I did that with some russian standard, and some thyme that grows wild in my back yard. Now when I make marinara... boom. Vodka to release extra flavor, and a thyme infusion.

I'm not a real fan of flavored Vodka, still have 9/10 of a bottle of pepper Crater Lake Vodka.

Anyone in S. Oregon want it????????????:D:D
Or if you want it bad enough, and come down from Portland, you can have it................:D:D

I'll be honest, I'm not a vodka afficianado. I used to think Grey Goose and Belvedere was the bee's knees, now I'm learning there's better. I'm hoping to get out to Russia this year or next to try what they keep.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top