JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wonder how many pork steaks I could get outta these?

IMG_20231220_151041189.jpg
IMG_20231220_152938556.jpg

Guy that I met in Alaska lives on a remote homestead on Lake Iliamna. Only access to his place is by boat or plane in the warmer months.

He bought two weaner pigs one spring and them put then on a small island about a half mile off shore and would boat out to the island to feed them. The idea of putting the pigs on the island was to keep them hidden from the many brown bears that roam the area.

Well, it didn't work. He was about two weeks from butchering when he went out one day to feed and found complete carnage on the island. Both pigs dead and partly eaten and a very happy brown bear napping off the buffet.

-E-

Guy that I met in Alaska lives on a remote homestead on Lake Iliamna. Only access to his place is by boat or plane in the warmer months.

He bought two weaner pigs one spring and them put then on a small island about a half mile off shore and would boat out to the island to feed them. The idea of putting the pigs on the island was to keep them hidden from the many brown bears that roam the area.

Well, it didn't work. He was about two weeks from butchering when he went out one day to feed and found complete carnage on the island. Both pigs dead and partly eaten and a very happy brown bear napping off the buffet.

-E-
Bears have both very good sense of smell and very good ability to swim. No doubt as the smell of the critters was coming to shore and easier food was hard to find one bear set out nose in the air looking for the meal it found. Did he at least take the bear? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top