JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry all, the ice storm here got so bad my son wanted me to come to his house in Charlotte. So I had to pack a quick bag and leave. And just to let you know, the pic IS me.
I have a few,(6-8), old rifles from my father and would like to know the value of them. I made a list, with all the info, but in my haste to get here, I left it at my house.

MisConnie,
Stay warm and safe.
A couple things to remember about the value of guns:
The value of two of the same types of firearms can be different in different parts of the country.
The blue book , the internet and the "experts" may all say one thing , but what the gun sells for maybe another.
Looking forward to seeing the list and helping any way I can.
Andy

When time allows, post up some photos (with some close up detail if possible) of those guns and I'm sure you'll get some ideas of a range of values. I do agree with Andy though, you may get different estimates as to the values from folks here in the northwest vs folks over in your neck of the woods.

And I for one, am jealous of the snow you folks are getting. I wish we had some here.

Thanks guys!! I am certainly not a gun expert, but would like to know what fair market value is. I know I don't have any "gems"....just rifles my father actually used for hunting. I know there are two 410's and the rest are just 22's. One is a "Hawthorne" and I remember one that is an old "Western Field "... I also have an olddd 22 that was given to him on his 11th birthday and it was used then. It has an octagon barrel I believe.

Thanks guys!! I am certainly not a gun expert, but would like to know what fair market value is. I know I don't have any "gems"....just rifles my father actually used for hunting. I know there are two 410's and the rest are just 22's. One is a "Hawthorne" and I remember one that is an old "Western Field "... I also have an olddd 22 that was given to him on his 11th birthday and it was used then. It has an octagon barrel I believe.

Is it a pump action? Is the name Winchester on the barrel? If so, that little rifle is worth a little more than the other ones.

Well , The .410's are shotguns not rifles , but where I live any .410 seems to be in high demand.
Some firearms companies made trade / store named guns to marketed through a big store such as Sears , Western-Auto etc ...
In this case both Western Field and Hawthorne are trade / store brands usually by Montgomery-Wards .
Looking forward to seeing some pictures to give a more positive ID or value.
Have a great day!
Andy

you never know, "just a .22", can be a gem or common as dirt. It may not look like much but the right fella will light up when hr sees it. We have a saying in the used car biz, " there's a butt for every seat"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top