JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1713197955776.png

Aloha, Mark

Airguns are a great alternative for high-volume training, small game hunting and general light duty recreational use. The bigger airguns can even get up into decent energy numbers for certain kinds of medium-small game hunting or moderate range shooting. In the continuum of things that go "pew" they have a solid place and I am always looking to expand my collection of airguns.

But they are not a replacement for real firearms. I am not going to take an airgun with me on a big game hunt, or even many medium game hunts. I am not going to choose an airguns for anything even moderately long range. I am certainly not going to choose an airgun for defensive use. They simply do not have the capability in energy density or ballistic performance to fill those roles. They are not a replacement for firearms in most "real world" applications. They have their uses, but those uses rally only overlap with real firearms at the lowest levels of the firearm energy spectrum.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top