JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, I apologize if I have offended anyone...

I don't think you've offended anyone here (that's pretty hard to do). Rather I think you're just caught up in the usual banter on this site.

Those two break barrel shotguns are worth at best about $125 each, and appear in decent condition - you should be able to get $100 a piece. I can't speak to the other guns.

The offer of $350 for them all is low in my opinion by a couple hundred dollars.

That $350 to 'take them off your hands' is a lowball offer, he thinks you're stupid enough to take it.

The Winchester is about $400 to $500, the lever-action .22 is about $175-$200, and the two shotguns are about $125 apiece. The air rifle, I don't know, but $50 is a minimum.

Condition is everything, but the photos show complete rifles in good appearance, and you've recently fired them, so there is nothing wrong with them that makes them worth only $70 each. You should be able to consign them to a shop and get 90% of the value less commissions, without much effort.

Personally, I would keep the Winchester and one shotgun, just for grins, unless you need the funds.

I'm curious...
...would the values we'd place on certain guns or guns in general here in the Pacific Northwest also apply to guns apparently located in North Carolina?
I know there is a certain leveling of prices due to nation-wide internet sellers but certain brands/types/caliber firearms are hard to give away in some parts of the country.
For example.. some here in the PNW may be willing to pay a premium for an old pump 22, while in North Carolina (if priced right) they may use them for staking tomato plants.

"MisConnie" may also want to check...
http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/southeast-gun-chat/
http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/

Here is my suggestion Its good that you came here to ask as since we are not local to NC you will get a more honest evaluation of the rifles and not a bunch of offers. But taking them into a dealer you will not get anything close to full value unless you find a honest shop.

albin beat me to it I was going to suggest selling them on
http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/southeast-gun-chat/
http://www.ncgunowners.com/forum/

as you can do face to face sells and get a lot closer to actual values. Some shops offer consignment sales to if you don't want to have to deal with meeting up with strangers to sell them if you do just make sure is some place safe and public I would also suggest that you do not note that you are are a female while posting them for sale if doing a local face to face sale. The gun owning community are usually quite respectable good law abiding people but every kind of board has trolls.

or once you find out the value offer knock some off the whole lot so you can sell them as a lot you won't make as much on them but you will do better than $350 you were offered.

you can also post them for sale as guys looking for the collectible rifles don't mind paying to have them shipped and the FFLS fees involved but if you go that route you'll make sure they get shipped to an a FFL holder

Last Edited:
Thank you all for your help. I had no idea where to even begin looking. I am glad that I did not sell to the individual that offered me $350.00, even though as he said, "he was just doing me a favor". I now believe he was probably taking advantage of me being a female and not having much knowledge in the rifles/guns that I own. I am currently doing some research on the items and will educate myself more as "just because I am a woman" does NOT make me stupid. Thanks again for all your help. :)

Ok. I am sorry. I was offered $350.00 for all of them and was told that was "just doing me a favor taking them off my hands"....just thought maybe I could get SOME info on whether or not this was fair...but I apparently upset others here, so I think the best thing I can do is leave...thank you for your helpful replies...

Ma'am, the guy who made that offer is either a total jerk or a shyster - prolly both, IMO. He needs fence-railing out of town for sure. I'm pretty certain that it's not one of us, because we are really a soft-hearted bunch and not here to take advantage of a lady. You don't seem of have caused any offence here - how could you? You've asked us for advice, and those who are able to offer it have done so with sincere answers. Please rethink your option - most of us here are gentlemen, although some of us are somewhat rough diamonds, and would not like to think that we've caused any distress to a lady.

tac, far from home.

MisConnie...Taking these guns to shops for selling is likely to cut what you get for them by as much as 50% of what their worth, as shops need to sell them not keep them personally. If there are gun shows in your area that deal more with "Old" guns, that might be something to consider. The folks there get guns for themselves, or to trade to other collectors for the guns they want. For instance, here in Portland, we have the "Oregon Arms Collectors" show several time a year.

Research, research, if you haven't already, so you can get the approximate age of the guns.

To the guy that was going to "Do you a favor" by taking them off your hands. :s0109:

Good luck and keep us posted.

When gauging gun values I usually google the type of gun and then armslist. I comes up with ads all around the country and shows which items have been deleted. May give you an idea where to start at least. Cool Winchester by the way my friend has one that was his grand fathers and it's a fun little plinker

Sounds like you have some great memories about your dad with that rifle.
I always think off my dad when I shoot and clean his pistol.
its a nice way to remember him.
That is where the value of his pistol comes from to me and not from The Blue Book of Gun Values or a internet sale site ...
Andy

I would have to agree..even as a little girl I remember begging him to let me go along with him. He was always so gracious letting me down. Now as an adult I can look back and see that that was the last thing anyone would want tagging along would've been an energetic little girl

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top