JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All,

Thank you in advance to those who help with any information and advice or action leading to recovery of my firearms at this trying time. There is a bobcat after my house cats and I can't protect them from predators.

I have been hard for cash at times and used my firearms collection for collateral in pawn shop loans. I borrowed money this way when I moved in 2020 and when I went to get my firearms out that fall, my background check was paused as waiting for info and it's been stuck there ever since. I tried everything but nothing worked and I didn't get to go hunting that year, or the next or the next and I pay about $350 a month on these gun loans. It causes sadness because I can't go hunting or target practice with my guns, I can't build the bullets for them either because I have no way to test my rounds.

No mention of ever protecting myself or a loved on against a physical threat, now I've got a huge bobcat 100 yards from my house and I have 3 cats that aren't supposed to be able to come in the house. Now I'm not able to protect them from a current threat and that is an actual extreme injustice and it's against my rights as a law abiding, tax paying citizen of my court, state, and country. So what the heck?

Just a little about me.. I've never done anything bad. I've no restraining orders or investigations or record. Nothing, not even parking or speeding tickets. I'm a 47 year old pharmacist who likes to fish and hunt. Being a pharmacist, I go through a complete state background check every license renewal, at this point, that is a comprehensive background check every two years. I have a valid legal concealed carry permit that I just renewed and updated address. I have not only an Oregon permit but a valid concealed carry permit for Utah as well, allowing me to concealed carry reciprocation in every state of our nation.

Now I can't even protect my animals. These are my own guns, I already own them.

Please, please, someone help me.

Thank you,
Mwalterx

I don't have any useful advice other then if you are a pharmacist then you most likely take home more then my wife and I combined…

I'm not throwing stones because I've had to sell everything but a handgun and my heirloom guns (401k and pensions etc) to get my wife thru school and then I have had to slowly and painfully try and rebuild a fraction of what I once had but I never sold ALL of my guns - pretty much to avoid the situation you are currently in.

I hope you are just not good with your money and that life has not hit you hard repeatedly but if you are paying $350 a month then I would do 2 things.

Buy a used but serviceable long gun and eat ramen for every meal for a month if that's what you have to do in order to afford said long gun.

And second I would highly recommend investing in a financial planner to get you above water so life isn't so stressful for you.

I'm close to your age and stress has literally caused numerous chronic physical issues that I am now stuck with forever.

Best of Luck to you and I hope you find what you are looking for.

1myuho.jpg

They are gone. Start over.

Well all, thanks for being present and showing interest. Yes, I pawned them all to come up with part of the money to move, it can be really expensive but if commute gets too long, it's the only way. I've moved lots of things, and recently have moved to this area after working here for the last 6 months.

Yes, I pawned my guns because I wanted a quick 4 grand in cash. The only reason I don't have them back is because the background check won't go through and I have lots invested in those firearms, some, hell, all are special to me, never expected them to get stuck in pawn. I want them back.

I have 1 gun in my gun safe, an heirloom shotgun from my father. He has passed and the gun is a 16 gauge shotgun that hasn't missed yet.

So, this is a real issue. My stuff is stuck. I'm wondering if anyone know how to actually help.

Thanks,
Mwalterx

It's my understanding that if it takes over thirty days the BGC must be re-submitted. Did you try re-submitting the BGC?
Also, why did you pawn ALL of your guns at the same time?
Will speak to them about this detail next day off. I pawned them because I expected to just get them back in a couple months. Instead I have tried several times and jUst been told I was paused

I don't have any useful advice other then if you are a pharmacist then you most likely take home more then my wife and I combined…

I'm not throwing stones because I've had to sell everything but a handgun and my heirloom guns (401k and pensions etc) to get my wife thru school and then I have had to slowly and painfully try and rebuild a fraction of what I once had but I never sold ALL of my guns - pretty much to avoid the situation you are currently in.

I hope you are just not good with your money and that life has not hit you hard repeatedly but if you are paying $350 a month then I would do 2 things.

Buy a used but serviceable long gun and eat ramen for every meal for a month if that's what you have to do in order to afford said long gun.

And second I would highly recommend investing in a financial planner to get you above water so life isn't so stressful for you.

I'm close to your age and stress has literally caused numerous chronic physical issues that I am now stuck with forever.

Best of Luck to you and I hope you find what you are looking for.
I'm not giving up on my stuff. I have a clean record and I would like my property back according to the contract. It's unfair and obviously expensive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top