JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well all, thanks for being present and showing interest. Yes, I pawned them all to come up with part of the money to move, it can be really expensive but if commute gets too long, it's the only way. I've moved lots of things, and recently have moved to this area after working here for the last 6 months.

Yes, I pawned my guns because I wanted a quick 4 grand in cash. The only reason I don't have them back is because the background check won't go through and I have lots invested in those firearms, some, hell, all are special to me, never expected them to get stuck in pawn. I want them back.

I have 1 gun in my gun safe, an heirloom shotgun from my father. He has passed and the gun is a 16 gauge shotgun that hasn't missed yet.

So, this is a real issue. My stuff is stuck. I'm wondering if anyone know how to actually help.

Thanks,
Mwalterx
Why the hell are they charging you interest if you 've paid back the original loan. My guess is that's illegal. I suppose they could charge you a nominal monthly charge to store them but at the same time, why do you need to do a new background check to get back guns THAT YOU ALREADY OWN AND YOU ALREADY HAD A BACKGROUND CHECK ON!!! As I understand it, pawnshops take people's property as collateral for a high interest short-term loan, and the collateral should only become the property of the pawnshop if the borrower defaults on the loan. If the loan is paid my understanding is that the pawnshop has to give back your collateral. Maybe I don't fully understand how pawnshops work when firearms are used as security. If you're a pharmacist you clearly have education sufficient to understand the loan documents controlling your transaction if you take the time to read them in detail and you might find something to help you in them. I guess it is possible if the pawnbroker is also an FFL they need to confirm you haven become someone who is now not allowed to possess firearms after they're in pawnshops' possession for a period of time but given the fact that you already own them it seems like they should apply the 3 day rule and release them to you. However if they're charging you some crazy fee on a monthly basis then they have no incentive to expedite transfer.

Pawnshops are also regulated businesses and I'd almost guarantee that there are statutory attorney fees awarded to lawyers suing to get back property wrongfully withheld. If they're overcharging you then you should look for a lawyer who will send a demand letter on your behalf and then sue if they continue to overcharge you and keep your firearms.

For your immediate bobcat problem, you can get a semiauto .22 Rossi or Savage at BiMart for about $100 to $150 and a Ruger 10/22 for between $200 and $300. If your background check clears right away then you have some evidence the pawn shop is f&$ing you.

Probably just need someadem emdem gooses.
A bobcat could eat the Embden geese easily. They can offer some real protection for themselves and the flocks they are with largely against flying predators such as hawks and small ground predators such as squirrels and possums.

ssrco,dad_hat,product,000000_44f0b734a5,front_three_quarter,wide_portrait,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg

Also, why did you pawn ALL of your guns at the same time?
Well, I can answer this. I was down to no guns at one point in my young broad days. My immediate need to continue eating and not get evicted and become homeless was more pressing than my immediate need for a gun for self defense. You need to eat every day. You don't need a gun for SD every day.

My particular pattern was to sell off guns via newspaper ads starting with those that I no longer needed, used, or cared about. When I was down to no guns I borrowed one from a friend for SD. After the bad spell I replaced the guns with a smaller number of much better guns. I had bought a bunch of junk early on. As my experience grew I became more discriminating.

Last Edited:
I thought this was The Ultimate Thread Drift thread? For a minute here, I didn't know where I was!

I thought this was The Ultimate Thread Drift thread? For a minute here, I didn't know where I was!
Probabaly wrong twist rate. Happens every time.

Reasons why you might have outdoor cats who aren't allowed in your house. They are unneutered males who would spray urine all over your house to mark their territory. They aren't house broken. They defecate on your bed to show their anger if locked in. They are semi feral and are happy to get fed cat food as backup to all the rodents, which they are ridding you of and they prefer, but have no desire to be handled and have never been in a house.

A rifle rather than shotgun might be needed to take out the wildcat because the wildcat doesn't come close enough for a shotgun. No guarantee they will allow themselves to be shot with a rifle either. If OP's pet kitties are savvy they will stay out of the way of coyotes, foxes, and cat-eating dogs. (Many huskies kill and eat cats if not controlled or taught otherwise. Many a husky has completely decatted his neighborhood.) Kitties still might be grabbed by a hawk, owl, cougar, or wildcat. After a cougar moved into our neighborhood all the cats and small dogs left outdoors at night disappeared. So OPs outdoor kitties may vanish over time regardless of the gun situation.

There are all kinds of reasons a pharmacist or anyone else might be short on money other than being irresponsible or nefarious. Such as a divorce stripped him dry. Or a need to move for family reasons, meaning maybe being without a job for a while. Or being ill for a while with something insurance companies don't honor or doctors can't diagnose. Diagnosing celiac disease takes an average of ten years, for example, or at least used to. Or needing to pay the uninsured medical bills of a family member. Or needing to actually take care of a family member.

If I take the OP at face value, which I'm inclined to, I'm guessing the pawn shop is cheating OP. If the shop is getting that kind of interest they have a large incentive to hold up the background check or lie to OP as to whether it has cleared. Did pawn shop even fill the forms out right? Does OP know independently of pawn shop whether background check has cleared? Sounds like O P should check his copy of paperwork for mistakes and check himself on status . Does OP know for sure pawn shop still has guns? If they won't show the guns go him, I think he needs a lawyer. And maybe even if they do.

I'm inclined to take OP at face value because why not? He wasn't asking us for money. Just info. And telling us about the situation was undoubtedly embarrassing.

Last Edited:
Reasons why you might have outdoor cats who aren't allowed in your house. They are unneutered males who would spray urine all over your house to mark their territory. They aren't house broken. They defecate on your bed to show their anger if locked in. They are semi feral and are happy to get fed cat food as backup to all the rodents, which they are ridding you of and they prefer, but have no desire to be handled and have never been in a house.

A rifle rather than shotgun might be needed to take out the wildcat because the wildcat doesn't come close enough for a shotgun. No guarantee they will allow themselves to be shot with a rifle either. If OP's pet kitties are savvy they will stay out of the way of coyotes, foxes, and cat-eating dogs. (Many huskies kill and eat cats if not controlled or taught otherwise. Many a husky has completely decatted his neighborhood.) Kitties still might be grabbed by a hawk, owl, cougar, or wildcat. After a cougar moved into our neighborhood all the cats and small dogs left outdoors at night disappeared. So OPs outdoor kitties may vanish over time regardless of the gun situation.

There are all kinds of reasons a pharmacist or anyone else might be short on money other than being irresponsible or nefarious. Such as a divorce stripped him dry. Or a need to move for family reasons, meaning maybe being without a job for a while. Or being ill for a while with something insurance companies don't honor or doctors can't diagnose. Diagnosing celiac disease takes an average of ten years, for example, or at least used to. Or needing to pay the uninsured medical bills of a family member. Or needing to actually take care of a family member.

If I take the OP at face value, which I'm inclined to, I'm guessing the pawn shop is cheating OP. If the shop is getting that kind of interest they have a large incentive to hold up the background check or lie to OP as to whether it has cleared. Did pawn shop even fill the forms out right? Does OP know independently of pawn shop whether background check has cleared? Sounds like O P should check his copy of paperwork for mistakes and check himself on status . Does OP know for sure pawn shop still has guns? If they won't show the guns go him, I think he needs a lawyer. And maybe even if they do.

I'm inclined to take OP at face value because why not? He wasn't asking us for money. Just info. And telling us about the situation was undoubtedly embarrassing.
I hear you and we all probably do too, to one degree or another.
However, the classic ruse of any con is to convolute a simple story into an unnecessarily complex one. In this instance, the title says "help me get my guns back". We are then told stories of cats in the cradle, magic beans and a cow for some odd reason so to me, no. This person/bot is suspect #1 for my favorite missing sock.

Indeed. Just an post of passing interest in a forum I sometimes frequent- no skin off my nose as they say. 😜 Hope things work out for the OP.

Ok. I'm back.

To all those who have thoughtful advice, I greatly appreciate your input and thoughts.
The thread is not fake and the situation is quite real.

I'll admit I'm not the best with saving money but there are lots of reasons why I'm still in this situation that aren't financial.

I'm trying to fix it.

The world is too judgmental to give all the details so I will give broad strokes.

I'm a very busy person who spends lots of time working. Doesn't leave much time for managing other things. It's been that way for years.

I have moved 3 times in 3 years. It decimates my savings each time.

There was a lawsuit that lasted years, and I won, but barely. It took everything I had and I had to sell my house. Now I rent, it's expensive. Legal fees alone took over a years salary, before taxes.

I was in an incredibly abusive relationship with a person that I still love very much. I had to give up or her sickness would have destroyed me entirely. She, unfortunately, does not have the finest grasp on reality sometimes. I feel bad for her. For better or worse, there was a divorce, thank the Lord. I still help her from time to time but I pay the price every time.

I got an infection in my jaw from a stupid tooth and it went systemic. I got walking pnumonia from it that turned out to be really hard to treat. Multiple hospital visits.

I spent 8 months commuting and fuel was $600 a week there for a while (3.5 hours a day in a dodge) tires, brakes and an insurance claim. Now that I think about it, I have went through 2 trucks and a car commuting since Covid came.

We had Covid, my industry lit up. I was so busy with keeping pharmacies open during Covid, cancelled appointments with my dentist and oral surgeon, led to the pnumonia.

I was running three pharmacies simultaneously, working my bubblegum off. I don't take breaks, I usually skip lunch. I work as hard as I can all the time. I guess I have spinal bifida and my back can go out in such a way that my left leg became paralyzed for a couple of days and my right was starting it as well. I was spending way too much time on my feet.

That was very scary and depressing. Lots of physical therapy and chiropractic, lots of exercises. Lots of time. Lots of money.

No pills. No pot. I barely even drink.

With the gun bills here in Oregon, background checks were stalled off and on at the police level. I've contacted the firearms department multiple times but they haven't called me back or sent an email.

I've got a concealed permit in Oregon and Utah. Both valid and Oregon just renewed. So did my pharmacy license.

I'm taking a day off work later this month to go up and have the background check re ran on all the guns later this month.

It's 3 pistols, 3 shotguns, and 12 rifles, most rifles scoped.

The most expensive one… I've got just under 5 grand into it. But the memories I have when I look at it are priceless.

So again… Thank you for all the great advice. It helps.

What about AFT helicopters?
Probabaly wrong twist rate. Happens every time.
Spin drift.

Awwwww.....Come On Man.
1688574665766.png

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

Hello @mwalterx --
I'm not at all surprised that an abusive situation, a horrific divorce, medical issues, or needing to move were part of the picture. Having all of them really stinks. Sounds like you have been through a real sh!tstorm.

Since you have enough money to retrieve guns and a day off to deal with situation it sounds like you're getting more control over things and will soon have the guns back. Sounds like they are personally valuable enough to be a real comfort to you. When you've got 'em back, post again and tell us about them.

Best wishes,
Carol

Ok. I'm back.

To all those who have thoughtful advice, I greatly appreciate your input and thoughts.
The thread is not fake and the situation is quite real.

I'll admit I'm not the best with saving money but there are lots of reasons why I'm still in this situation that aren't financial.

I'm trying to fix it.

The world is too judgmental to give all the details so I will give broad strokes.

I'm a very busy person who spends lots of time working. Doesn't leave much time for managing other things. It's been that way for years.

I have moved 3 times in 3 years. It decimates my savings each time.

There was a lawsuit that lasted years, and I won, but barely. It took everything I had and I had to sell my house. Now I rent, it's expensive. Legal fees alone took over a years salary, before taxes.

I was in an incredibly abusive relationship with a person that I still love very much. I had to give up or her sickness would have destroyed me entirely. She, unfortunately, does not have the finest grasp on reality sometimes. I feel bad for her. For better or worse, there was a divorce, thank the Lord. I still help her from time to time but I pay the price every time.

I got an infection in my jaw from a stupid tooth and it went systemic. I got walking pnumonia from it that turned out to be really hard to treat. Multiple hospital visits.

I spent 8 months commuting and fuel was $600 a week there for a while (3.5 hours a day in a dodge) tires, brakes and an insurance claim. Now that I think about it, I have went through 2 trucks and a car commuting since Covid came.

We had Covid, my industry lit up. I was so busy with keeping pharmacies open during Covid, cancelled appointments with my dentist and oral surgeon, led to the pnumonia.

I was running three pharmacies simultaneously, working my bubblegum off. I don't take breaks, I usually skip lunch. I work as hard as I can all the time. I guess I have spinal bifida and my back can go out in such a way that my left leg became paralyzed for a couple of days and my right was starting it as well. I was spending way too much time on my feet.

That was very scary and depressing. Lots of physical therapy and chiropractic, lots of exercises. Lots of time. Lots of money.

No pills. No pot. I barely even drink.

With the gun bills here in Oregon, background checks were stalled off and on at the police level. I've contacted the firearms department multiple times but they haven't called me back or sent an email.

I've got a concealed permit in Oregon and Utah. Both valid and Oregon just renewed. So did my pharmacy license.

I'm taking a day off work later this month to go up and have the background check re ran on all the guns later this month.

It's 3 pistols, 3 shotguns, and 12 rifles, most rifles scoped.

The most expensive one… I've got just under 5 grand into it. But the memories I have when I look at it are priceless.

So again… Thank you for all the great advice. It helps.
Bro, slow down a bit and take care of you first. The rest of the world will be there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top