JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/grows-virus-cell-culture.html
"On January 20, 2020, CDC received a clinical specimen collected from the first reported U.S. patient infected with SARS-CoV-2. CDC immediately placed the specimen into cell culture to grow a sufficient amount of virus for study.
On February 2, 2020, CDC generated enough SARS-CoV-2 grown in cell culture to distribute to medical and scientific researchers."

Hummm........isn't the BEST example to study......from "Patient #1"?

BUT, But, but.....CHINA.

Exactly.

Aloha, Mark

I disagree. Traditionally, employers would dictate your speech, dress, etc. The removal of personal belief exemptions for vaccines, is a more recent trend which crosses a line IMO. It's an overreach that enters the territory of bureaucratics making medical decisions. Vaccination status discrimination should be illegal everywhere, like it is in some states.

That seems like a very traditionally liberal position. It is remarkable that so many of them are so lock step with their party, they won't continue to support liberal ideals when their party turns away from them.
I hear that, and I agree... It's just not the way any of it works in reality though. Drug testing, "culture fit," dress codes, use of PPE, safety rules, off-the-clock conduct... there are a lot of reasons employees are legally allowed to choose who works for them and who doesn't. I have rights, my employer has rights. If those don't jive, there's no legal or ethical reason they have to employ me.

As I've said before, I lean more liberal than the average of this board, but I am above all a pragmatist. I need to feed my family. I care about the community that surrounds us. I'll make what decisions and sacrifices I have to make.

I hear that, and I agree... It's just not the way any of it works in reality though. Drug testing, "culture fit," dress codes, use of PPE, safety rules, off-the-clock conduct... there are a lot of reasons employees are legally allowed to choose who works for them and who doesn't. I have rights, my employer has rights. If those don't jive, there's no legal or ethical reason they have to employ me.

As I've said before, I lean more liberal than the average of this board, but I am above all a pragmatist. I need to feed my family. I care about the community that surrounds us. I'll make what decisions and sacrifices I have to make.
Did you get the jab? :s0093:

Did you get the jab? :s0093:
I did as soon as it was available. luckily for me, I didn't have to think much about it; my entire extended family had been fully quarantined and the vaccine was the only way to see them again. My wife and I both looked at all the evidence showing that so far it's no less safe than any other vaccine, looked at not being able to be a part of our community if we didn't, crossed our fingers, and got it done. Just another decision that we have to make based on incomplete information.

I also use Round-Up on the weeds in my driveway and cast-iron pots and pans on my glass cooktop. I like to live dangerously.

Last Edited:
I did as soon as it was available. luckily for me, I didn't have to think much about it; my entire extended family had been fully quarantined and the vaccine was the only way to see them again. My wife and I both looked at all the evidence showing that so far it's no less safe than any other vaccine, looked at not being able to be a part of our community if we didn't, crossed our fingers, and got it done. Just another decision that we have to make based on incomplete information.

I also use Round-Up on the weeds in my driveway and cast-iron pots and pans on my glass cooktop. I like to live dangerously.
So it's really none of my business but do you intend to follow the Fauci guidelines he recently released on more jabs being needed? Booster shots .

So it's really none of my business but do you intend to follow the Fauci guidelines he recently released on more jabs being needed? Booster shots .
Haven't put any thought into it yet. I'll probably follow my doctor's recommendation. I'll almost certainly do it if anyone in my family tells me they aren't comfortable being in a room with folks who don't get boostered.

Haven't put any thought into it yet. I'll probably follow my doctor's recommendation. I'll almost certainly do it if anyone in my family tells me they aren't comfortable being in a room with folks who don't get boostered.
I am asking too much but which jab did you get and was it your doctor who told you to get it? My friends are old and got the Moderna jab but I haven't heard if they will get the booster. Kinda curious if folks are willing to get continues boosters since the jab is only 42% effective.

I got the 2-part Moderna vaccine, my wife got the Pfizer. Our doctors both recommended it highly. I gave a direct quote from my doctor in some other thread, but he basically said that you're gambling with your life either way, but from what he had seen so far it was clear that the vaccine was a hell of a better bet than the virus.

One recent study suggested that Pfizer is 42% effective against infection by the Delta variant, but still seems highly effective at preventing hospitalization or death. Moderna 76% effective at preventing Delta variant infection. Guess I'll buy some Nyquil for the wife!

I got the 2-part Moderna vaccine, my wife got the Pfizer. Our doctors both recommended it highly. I gave a direct quote from my doctor in some other thread, but he basically said that you're gambling with your life either way, but from what he had seen so far it was clear that the vaccine was a hell of a better bet than the virus.

One recent study suggested that Pfizer is 42% effective against infection by the Delta variant, but still seems highly effective at preventing hospitalization or death. Moderna 76% effective at preventing Delta variant infection. Guess I'll buy some Nyquil for the wife!
Good luck sir :) Sincerely

"If RESEARCH came out of CHINA. Can we even trust it?"
We can't trust anything that comes from China.
On the way to Sturgis in '98 the generator on my Sportster (the bike in my avatar) quit generating. When I pulled and disassembled it the commutator had snapped right off of the shaft. That's a good example of Chicom workmanship.

It's a vaccine, not a cure. If you get the disease you wont get as sick as you would. It doesn't stop you from getting sick.

It will do very little to curtail transmission...

It's common knowledge that you can still transmit the virus after being vaccinated.
Not as common as you might think. The State of Oregon has been endlessly running an ad on YouTube which states that if you are vaccinated you cannot transmit the virus. You literally cannot watch a YouTube videos without seeing it several times a day. I'm not saying they are right and you are wrong. I only mention it to illustrate how much conflicting info is going around out there.

It most certainly is not. You have no idea of the long term effects of an experimental MRNA injection and neither does your cardiologist.
Which is why folks should opt for the Johnson and Johnson.
This entire "pandemic" is a sham. Its a lie. Easily disproved. A trojan horse for fascism through medical enforcement.
I am not a supporter of lockdowns or mandates, be they mask or vax, but something is going on which is very real. Yesterday, 2 events of which I have personal knowledge have removed any doubts I may have had.

1) My neighbor had to take his wife to the hospital for emergency surgery night before last. After the surgery, she had to spend all day yesterday in a recovery room because the hospital was so full of covid patients that they did not have a regular room available for her.

2) My wife does occasional work for a small business owner downtown. She came home yesterday to say that a 42 y.o. male who owned the business next door, after experiencing a sore throat for a few days, developed breathing problems night before last and died yesterday morning.

So, I'm leaning toward not a sham.

Looks like this biological warfare from the CCP has us fighting amoung ourselves. Would be better if the fight was used against those who did this to us.

Which is why folks should opt for the Johnson and Johnson.

I am not a supporter of lockdowns or mandates, be they mask or vax, but something is going on which is very real. Yesterday, 2 events of which I have personal knowledge have removed any doubts I may have had.

1) My neighbor had to take his wife to the hospital for emergency surgery night before last. After the surgery, she had to spend all day yesterday in a recovery room because the hospital was so full of covid patients that they did not have a regular room available for her.

2) My wife does occasional work for a small business owner downtown. She came home yesterday to say that a 42 y.o. male who owned the business next door, after experiencing a sore throat for a few days, developed breathing problems night before last and died yesterday morning.

So, I'm leaning toward not a sham.
Keep in mind that your point number one includes this: Hospital administrators have to walk a fine line. Hospitals are more profitable when the beds are full. Hospitals ran at near max capacity even before covid. So NOW, decisions are being made as to how many beds to keep open for POSSIBLE covid patients, vs going ahead and filling those beds with run of the mill patients (much more profitable). I'm not saying it is right or wrong, just be aware that this is going on. And of course, the current day excuse for a full hospital is an easy scapegoat-covid. Just something to think about.

Keep in mind that your point number one includes this: Hospital administrators have to walk a fine line. Hospitals are more profitable when the beds are full. Hospitals ran at near max capacity even before covid. So NOW, decisions are being made as to how many beds to keep open for POSSIBLE covid patients, vs going ahead and filling those beds with run of the mill patients (much more profitable). I'm not saying it is right or wrong, just be aware that this is going on. And of course, the current day excuse for a full hospital is an easy scapegoat-covid. Just something to think about.
Yes, I have heard that argument before. I do not believe that is going on at Salem Hospital at this time. I have personally undergone treatment there, and I can testify that they treat their patients very well and attempt to make them as comfortable as possible. I am sure they would not have left her waiting for an available bed unless it was absolutely necessary. But I'll keep an open mind, and if you can provide evidence that this practice is going on there, I'll reconsider.

ETA, if I hear from any source actual evidence that this practice is going on there, I'll reconsider AND let you know.

BTW, I remember checking the stats at the beginning of the pandemic, and as I recall average hospital capacity pre-covid was about 70%.

Last Edited:
I read a lot but have no idea what is true now days. I found a very long to read history on vaccines and believe it's worth the read. If you only have a few minutes then scroll right to the 1990s and see how autism numbers jumped when the kids were pumped with more vaccine shots.

I read a lot but have no idea what is true now days. I found a very long to read history on vaccines and believe it's worth the read. If you only have a few minutes then scroll right to the 1990s and see how autism numbers jumped when the kids were pumped with more vaccine shots.

I hate to rain on your parade, but I'll try to be gentle in the spirit of being "excellent to each other". That article is so absurd it would take hours to refute each absurdity, half-truth, and distortion it contains. So I'm not even going to try. However, I googled the author's name and I ask you to please consider the source. The guy's credentials are fake or highly questionable. He is mostly known as a quack and a purveyor of his own dietary supplements. He claims to be a naturopathic physician but he doesn't even have a legitimate degree in that field:

"In general, Young's theories and treatments are considered quackery,[3] which has resulted in a history of successful prosecutions against Young.[1] He was arrested in January 2014 and convicted in 2016 on two out of three charges of theft and practicing medicine without a license.[4][5] He spent several months in jail in 2017.[6]

In November 2018 a San Diego jury awarded $105m in damages to a former cancer patient he persuaded to forgo effective treatment in favor of his alkaline diet, resulting in her disease progressing to an incurable stage 4.[7][8]

Young's website states he attended the University of Utah on a tennis scholarship and studied biology and business in the early 1970s. He did not graduate.[9] ... Young, who is not a medical doctor, has received doctorates for naturopathy and nutrition from Clayton College of Natural Health (formerly American College of Holistic Nutrition), a defunct correspondence school which was not accredited by any agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.[10][11][1] The prosecution at his 2016 trial said his doctorate was purchased from a "diploma mill",[12] and it was pointed out that he had gone from a bachelor's to a doctor's degree in eight months.[9]"

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads