JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't shop there, my point is, have you seen what a HF store looks like on a regular basis. A zoo of cheap bastids. THAT is where we have gone wrong, blame Harbor Freight, that would be hypocritical. Blame the consumer for buying knock off chinese made copies that put the American made companies out of business. (HF tools, Kias, Hyundais, and other throwaway garbage we allow to sell in US)

My point is, Buying quality vs buying knockoffs of the companies that put all the R&D into a product and have it copied and sold inferior to a cheaper consumer market.

THAT is what is screwing over America.

Yeah have to agree with ya there. The sheeple have been screwing themselves for yrs. in this country, and haven't had a clue. Still think our military should be armed with American made weapons. Just seems logical to me, for a whole host of reasons.

Colt is in Connecticut. Lieberman is the Chairman of the Homeland Security (sic) and Governmental Affairs Committee that was in charge of the purchasing decision. Lieberman represents CT. That's all there is to it.

You'd be stupid to think the government gave any consideration on the cost vs. benefit of the 1911. Those 1911's will cost far more taxpayer money each than a polymer gun that will do the exact same thing just as well, if not better.

inb4 forty-five stopping power, from a practical viewpoint there is no difference between 9mm and .45 ACP. Listen to what this ER surgeon has to say about handgun wounds: 9mm vs .45 vs Rifle A Dr's View of Gunshot Wounds - YouTube

Can you completely disassemble a Glock using only a spent casing, as you can with a 1911?

Irrelevant, since no soldier would ever totally disassemble his sidearm (that's what armorers are for). What is relevant is the simplicity of a field strip, and the 1911 loses to just about every modern handgun in that aspect.

Colt is in Connecticut. Lieberman is the Chairman of the Homeland Security (sic) and Governmental Affairs Committee that was in charge of the purchasing decision. Lieberman represents CT. That's all there is to it.

You'd be stupid to think the government gave any consideration on the cost vs. benefit of the 1911. Those 1911's will cost far more taxpayer money each than a polymer gun that will do the exact same thing just as well, if not better.
[/URL]

Well I know that there were real breathing people, who probably thought they were serving their country, when they made the buying decision. You with zero proof whatsoever just accused them of deceit and corruption. Very professionally done. Bravo!

Can you completely disassemble a Glock using only a spent casing, as you can with a 1911?

Why would you need tools to disassemble a Glock?

Furthermore - why would any soldier be fully disassembling their weapon rather than simply field stripping for a field cleaning and performing routine PMCSs when in the rear? The military has armorers for a reason, and armorers have actual tools, not spent casings.

I'm not advocating one firearm over the other, but the argument that one needs tools to be taken down, or the notion that soldiers fully disassemble their weapons routinely is incorrect.

Well I know that there were real breathing people, who probably thought they were serving their country. You with zero proof whatsoever just accused them of deceit and corruption. Very professionally done. Bravo!

You go ahead and blindly trust the pigheaded, narrow-minded bureaucracy that gave us the first-gen M16 debacle (which cost the lives of countless US soldiers).

And as I recall, the M16 disaster involved none of than Colt, and its adoption was heavily pushed for by JFK's brain trust who all have heavy financial interests in New England. Sounds familiar.

"Thought" they were serving their country, that's the key word.

You go ahead and blindly trust the pigheaded, narrow-minded bureaucracy that gave us the first-gen M16 debacle (which cost the lives of countless US soldiers).

"Thought" they were serving their country, that's the key word.

Okay so when you don't have any current facts you revert to something you think happened 50 years ago. I think this purchase was done by armament oriented people USMC People. Are you saying they don't know anything about weaponry, but you do... and furthermore they should all be courtmarshalled for their corruption ?

Okay so when you don't have any current facts you revert to something you think happened 50 years ago. I think this purchase was done by armament oriented people USMC People. Are you saying they don't know anything about weaponry, but you do... and furthermore they should all be courtmarshalled for their corruption ?

I cited the M16 case as an example of government malfeasance in arms purchasing, and to establish that the bureaucracy is fully willing to waste vast amounts of taxpayer money and soldiers' lives for political reasons. That was to counter your seemingly blind faith in the system.

Facts are sorely lacking with this idiotic purchasing decision. Historically it's no surprise. Even as US soldiers died with jammed M16's in Vietnam, Colt and the DC establishment were censoring their letters home and refusing to acknowledge the problem. Good luck getting the facts on this one. But we can still deduce the reasons, and Lieberman/Colt makes a very strong case.

By the way, why should the USMC armorers be court-martialed? They don't stand to make any money on this purchasing decision. Of course there's still the issue of stupidly wasting taxpayer money on an overpriced handgun, but if that was a crime the entire government should be strung up, right?

"Facts are sorely lacking with this idiotic purchasing decision. Historically it's no surprise." and that justifies you saying the people involved with this particular decision were corrupt? It is what you said right?

"Facts are sorely lacking....." Then why do you jump to a conclusion that there was malfeasance in office. Not a shred of proof! You are not thinking it trough just spouting!

This current purchase was not done by McNamara's boys, those guys did change military purchasing forever. I'm not saying the current system can't be manipulated, I'm sure it can be, but it is a lot harder to do. I feel confident that the USMC got what they wanted for this purchase, as contracts go it is not very high dollar.

If I were looking at why Colt may or may not have an advantage I would look to their management. They have tightened the quality control and they know how to present their product. They had what the USMC wanted.

+1 Couldn't have said it better.

The "here I am" flashlight thingie can go. I caution people on this constantly, if I am a bad guy it's the first thing I would aim for.

Agree unless it's a strobe and the person wielding it fully understands it's application and uses it properly. I have them as well as CT lasergrips on several guns but they would rarely be used in the real world. I'll also never give up my 1911s (carried one for over 15 years) even though these days I carry the MK 3 BHP 40 and a Glock 22.. (usually both) mostly so my caliber matches my gal's new G23 Glock. She's a long time revolver girl and the Glock is the best switch to auto for her. I can say without hesitation that I do better with single action steel pistols than a Glock, but both are fine weapons

COOP44. Why we have to have the serrations to hang something on beats me, adding junk to the pistol just defeats its primary duty, being a gun,not some arcade game thing....The original 1911 design was good in the sense you didn't have things to get hung up on, now we have the rail, maybe some will file it off, ha.Spad

Right off I can say "infrared laser" and NV goggles would justify the rail, especially for SFs

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top