JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok kids its not an ipdc or what ever its called match its combat, pull pistol and shoot in face. bullet hits eye, forhead, throat it does not matter they are dead and you are not. Your belief that standing in one spot and taking slow well aimed shots making nice pretty clover leafs at center mass or one stop shots will get you killed.

The 1911 is out dated by atleast 20 years now. It may have worked for daddy back in the day but new stuff works even better.

A person needs to think in shooting of burst to the face wether in combat or dropping some douchebag who just kicked in your door.

How dare an American goes into combat with out an American made gun even if it means they get killed but lived to old age with a forgein made gun. When translated from what many of you have said, this is what it really means. I hope I have personaly insulted many of you, if not my grammar should.

Glock are made in Georgia and Austria, but this seems to just depend on what day of the week it is and what EPA rules are in effect

Like in the other Jarhead1911 thread some one said "Adults and professionals use 9mm" who ever said that, thank you.

Stop being stupid folks its 2012 not 1965.

Ok kids its not an ipdc or what ever its called match its combat, pull pistol and shoot in face. bullet hits eye, forhead, throat it does not matter they are dead and you are not. Your belief that standing in one spot and taking slow well aimed shots making nice pretty clover leafs at center mass or one stop shots will get you killed.

The 1911 is out dated by atleast 20 years now. It may have worked for daddy back in the day but new stuff works even better.

A person needs to think in shooting of burst to the face wether in combat or dropping some douchebag who just kicked in your door.

How dare an American goes into combat with out an American made gun even if it means they get killed but lived to old age with a forgein made gun. When translated from what many of you have said, this is what it really means. I hope I have personaly insulted many of you, if not my grammar should.

Glock are made in Georgia and Austria, but this seems to just depend on what day of the week it is and what EPA rules are in effect

Like in the other Jarhead1911 thread some one said "Adults and professionals use 9mm" who ever said that, thank you.

You would do well to take your own advice.

I am not trying to jump on the bash Captin Reload bandwagon but didnt the 9mm come out in like 1902? So based on your own logic shouldnt you be carrying something in like .357 Sig or FN5.7?

I have, and started carrying the most effective combat handgun system I can get my hands on.

It's really important that each person feels comfortable with what they are carrying. I'm glad you found what works best for You.

Just curious, why are you so bent on "personally insulting people" and calling them "stupid" for not agreeing with you?

I am not trying to jump on the bash Captin Reload bandwagon but didnt the 9mm come out in like 1902? So based on your own logic shouldnt you be carrying something in like .357 Sig or FN5.7?

Yep an anemic little fellow the 9mm, rather stick to plain old ball .45acp. As far as "adults and professionals" most of the adults I know really prefer the 45, even if not in the 1911. As far as I know the IRS doesn't list gunslinger as a profession, so what is he talking about? Police? Hilarious! Military, equally ridiculous. Just enough training to commit suicide without screwing it up. "we don't need training, just give 'em more ammo!"

Don't know where you're getting your information, but doubt it's from practical application.

Some one on the internet posted it, it must be true!!!

Sounds more like glock ad copy.

Is the glock "modern"? Lets review:

striker fired guns have been around for over 100 years.

polymer guns have been around since at least 1970 (HK VP70z) circa 1970.

Is the beretta 92 "modern"? Lets review:

It owes most of it's design to the "helwan", which in turn owes its design to the Walther P38, circa 1938.

So it would seem neither is really modern, but just a rehash of old designs.

Are you really so ignorant to believe blatant marketing tactics that glock uses every day?

Give me a laser pistol or a 40 watt plasma rifle and then we can talk "Modern"

ol' captain cant even spell washington correctly, so i wouldn't give any merit to his statements.i the guess the .50 bmg is outdated and not an effective combat weapon too, it was adopted in 1920. :gun21: maybe by his logic everything needs a polymer frame, has to hold 19 rounds and LOOK TACTICOOL! and im sorry but you cant do anything to a glock to have it shoot as nice as a fine tuned 1911.

So the Marines want an outdated pistol for CQC, maybe they have the right idea, close quarter combat.Seems they are unhappy with the performance of the 9mm NATO round and the Beretta. The hang your flashlite thingy on the 1911 strikes me of X Box thinking,the "here I am" flashlight. Spad

1911outdateddesign.jpg

The winner:

Story from the Military Times: <broken link removed>

"In a press release today, Colt Defense said the Marine Corps placed an initial order for 4036 M45 Close Quarters Combat Pistols, plus spares. Deliveries on the five-year contract will begin later this year.

Yesterday, Barb Hamby of Marine Corps System Command told us, "After a detailed and thorough source selection, a contract was awarded last night."

In the email to Marine Corps Times, the MARCORSYSCOM spokeperson says, "Colt Defense LLC, West Hartford, Conn., was awarded a $22,500,000 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract July 18, 2012 for production, delivery and logistical support of the Close Quarter Battle Pistol. Work will be performed in West Hartford, Conn., and is expected to be completed by July 2017. No contract funds will expire by the end of the current fiscal year. This contract was competitively procured using full and open competition with three offers received. The Marine Corps System Command, Quantico, Va., is the contracting activity."

Piggybacking on a few things we previously reported about the winning pistol, we've learned Colt developed a dual recoil system for the CQBP that's based on the recoil system found in their 10mm models. The modification was made to reduce stresses on the frame and slide and enable the pistol to complete the Corps' required shooting schedule. Sources tell us the pistol had to survive a 20,000 round shooting schedule. The .45 caliber pistol also has a series 80 firing pin safety, is entirely Cerakoted tan and has a lanyard loop and night sights.

The original solicitation outlines some of the features the Corps stipulated, such as a single-stack, 7+ round magazine, drop in parts replacement and accuracy guidelines. It remains to be seen how many of these points made it into the requirements document and the actual pistol, however. For example, drop-in parts on a 1911 pattern pistol is widely regarded as an unrealistic requirement.

The Close Quarter Battle Pistol is modeled after earlier versions of the semi-automatic 1911 pistol used since the 1980s by Force Reconnaissance units. The contract is for 400 to 12,000 pistols as part of a contract worth up to $22.5 million, according to Marine Corps Systems Command. That means the price per pistol is $1,875. Sources tell us the Marine Corps is ordering 4000 pistols.

Background:
Colt Defense of Hartford, Conn., and Springfield Armory of Geneseo, Ill., sent samples of their latest 1911 pistols to acquisition officers in the fall of 2010, company officials said Jan. 18, 2011 during the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show and Conference, known as SHOT Show, in Las Vegas. The third competitor, Karl Lippard Design, submitted documents but was unable to produce version of his 1911A2 NCO pistol that met the USMC requirements in time for the selection process deadline.

Earlier versions of the pistol were called the MEU (SOC) pistol, short for Marine expeditionary unit (special operations capable). Weapons experts at Marine Corps Base Quantico, Va., have hand-assembled 1911 pistols chambered for .45-caliber Automatic Colt Pistol ammo for years, fielding them primarily to Force Recon and Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command.

With both communities growing, however, the Corps has sought out an off-the-shelf option.

Force Recon was brought back in 2008 after a two-year hiatus designed to help the Corps stand up and round out MARSOC. The Corps' special operations command was activated in 2006, and is working to grow to about 2,700 personnel by 2014.

Colt tweaked its 01070RG M1911A1 Rail Gun pistol and sent 10 prototypes to Quantico in the fall of 2010, said Greg Rozon, a product development engineering manager at Colt.

The civilian 1911 rail gun usually has a stainless or carbon steel finish and rosewood grips, but Colt's prototypes for the Corps have a desert-color Cercoat finish, eliminating glare on the weapon and making it less identifiable at a distance. As the name suggests, this model has a section of 1913 Picatinny rail under the barrel to mount accessories such as a light or laser aiming device. They also have more stainless steel internal components to afford the pistol more corrosion protection since it will be carried in a maritime environment. They're equipped with a tritium night sight made by Novak of Parkersburg, W.Va..

Springfield Armory sent the Corps six copies of its PX9105ML pistol for evaluation, said Larry Collinson, a production manager with the company. The company calls it the Full-Sized MC Operator, with the "MC" standing for Marine Corps. The pistol has a black slide with a green frame. It also includes tritium night sights and has been sold to the Corps in small quantities before. The Corps also has bought Springfield Armory 1911 slides in the past to use on pistols assembled at Quantico, Collinson said.

Thanks to James Sanborn and Dan Lamothe from Marine Corps Times for helping put the pieces together."

COOP44. Why we have to have the serrations to hang something on beats me, adding junk to the pistol just defeats its primary duty, being a gun,not some arcade game thing....The original 1911 design was good in the sense you didn't have things to get hung up on, now we have the rail, maybe some will file it off, ha.Spad

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top