JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
hypno toad says "You WILL buy the glock"

hypnotoadrealavatar.jpg

hypnotoadrealavatar.jpg

Anyone saying the M92 is a "modern combat pistol" and the 1911 is "antique" needs toi go back on their meds

I carry Glocks and BHPs mostly but would never feel undergunned with a quality 1911. Yes I own two and reload the .45 ACP

Maybe I'm wrong here but isn't a hand gun just a side arm?
Or are the marines giving up all other weapons and just using the 1911?

I don't believe most soldiers are worried about only having 8 rounds in their side arm when the probably have a couple hundred rifle rounds on them too.
I asked my buddy that was in the green zone what pistol he carried.He asked why he would want one when his saw worked perfectly fine.
I would bet the average handgun battle in a war zone lasts about 5 rounds,just like on the streets (which is still 2-3 rounds right?)

Does Springfield even make a handgun in America anymore?

Who makes anything in America anymore.

That's right your Ford/Dodge/Chevy isnt "American". :s0114:

It's stupid to relate stuff to where it's made. I only will own Japanese cars/trucks/4x4s, NEVER anything else. (Suzuki, Toyota, Honda to name my favorites)

A good product is a good product. A XD45 is only imported by SA, nothing else. :s0155:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS2000

Who makes anything in America anymore.

That's right your Ford/Dodge/Chevy isnt "American". :s0114:

It's stupid to relate stuff to where it's made. I only will own Japanese cars/trucks/4x4s, NEVER anything else. (Suzuki, Toyota, Honda to name my favorites)

A good product is a good product. A XD45 is only imported by SA, nothing else. :s0155:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS2000

Ummmm....lots of firearms, which is kinda what this thread is about.

All 100 percent American made? Down to the last piece?
For the Colt? Yes I believe it is.
but the big thing is where the Money goes. If you buy a Toyota, the payments might be filtered thru a US bank, but they end up in Japan. Buy a Taurus made in the USA and the profits are still going to Brazil. I am not against Japan, Korea, or Brazil. I get paid in US Dollars and am just trying to keep as many of my dollars here in the USA. Impossible task? Sure. But can I give it a little thought and help my US neighbors a little more than the Chinese? I think I can.. I have a Ford Escape with a four cylinder engine made in Mexico. Did I know that before I bought it, yes I did. I also knew the engine was designed by Ford...somewhere and that they bought a bunch of non-Mexican tooling from somewhere and now the final Money was going to a US Bank. My latest purchase was for telephones. They happen to be made in Malaysia, but as they are Panasonic and I am sure the profits will go to Japan. I just do what I can when I can reasonably do it.

I pay people who make a good product regardless. I don't let that have any influence on a purchase

Just my way of business

That's why your country is going down the crapper. I would guess that you're young with little invested in this country. BTW Colt is 100% USA...Not that it would matter to you.

I was talking to a Marine Vet a couple days ago and he was telling me when they entered fallujah the hajis were high on cocaine and injected adrenaline and the 9mm didnt make a dent. I think that was a factor in switching. Time and time again they come up against drugged up natives and need more stopping power

Maybe because you called it your country. It's your country too.

It takes 300 million so don't feed me bullbubblegum. Ever been to Harbor Freight? If so the store is a Chinese knockoff paradise

Maybe because you called it your country. It's your country too.

It takes 300 million so don't feed me bullbubblegum. Ever been to Harbor Freight? If so the store is a Chinese knockoff paradise

Hope it's my country since I've shed blood for it. I have a full shop full of 40 yr. old American made tools, so no need to shop at the commie store.

I was talking to a Marine Vet a couple days ago and he was telling me when they entered fallujah the hajis were high on cocaine and injected adrenaline and the 9mm didnt make a dent. I think that was a factor in switching. Time and time again they come up against drugged up natives and need more stopping power

We had a similar problem in the highlands with the NVA in VN.

Hope it's my country since I've shed blood for it. I have a full shop full of 40 yr. old American made tools, so no need to shop at the commie store.

I don't shop there, my point is, have you seen what a HF store looks like on a regular basis. A zoo of cheap bastids. THAT is where we have gone wrong, blame Harbor Freight, that would be hypocritical. Blame the consumer for buying knock off chinese made copies that put the American made companies out of business. (HF tools, Kias, Hyundais, and other throwaway garbage we allow to sell in US)

My point is, Buying quality vs buying knockoffs of the companies that put all the R&D into a product and have it copied and sold inferior to a cheaper consumer market.

THAT is what is screwing over America.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top