JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Historically, the military has only been used to suppress free speech. Lincoln used the military to assault and imprison newspaper critics, as did Woodrow Wilson. FDR shifted that "duty" to the nascent FBI. Arguing that our constitutional rights would disappear if not for the military implies the US is under constant, external attack, which is demonstrably false.

LOL @ "spineless men", implying blindly following orders is courage, but the moral fortitude to examine orders is cowardly. That is the twisted logic of the militarist cult. It's sad really. I recently watched a documentary on the Winter War, where FDR (of all people) condemned the USSR for invading a tiny, harmless neighbor. Fast forward a half century and half the country somehow supports flying halfway across the world to occupy some craphole while demanding thanks for protecting the freedoms.

Sure is nice to be able to say whatever you want on the internet and not have the Gestapo kick your door down at 3am. Freedom of speech sure is nice isn't it? You're welcome.

Sure is nice to be able to say whatever you want on the internet and not have the Gestapo kick your door down at 3am. Freedom of speech sure is nice isn't it? You're welcome.

What gestapo? The Afghan Gestapo? The Iraqi Gestapo? The FBI? Protip: A Few Good Men is a movie, Starship Troopers is a book (and a bad movie), neither is real life.

This thread is totally FUBAR. Staying out for good this time.

What gestapo? The Afghan Gestapo? The Iraqi Gestapo? The FBI? Protip: A Few Good Men is a movie, Starship Troopers is a book (and a bad movie), neither is real life.

The Gestapo of any country that would invade and conquer us in heart beat if it were not for the US having a formitable military. Maybe China, maybe North Korea..? Hard to say, maybe the Germans wouldn't give it up to them so easily. After all, that's who would run this country if it weren't for our military.

Haven't seen the movies you reference in your "protip" so I can't comment.

Take care though, this thread will surely suffer lacking your anti-militrary point of view.

Actually, A Few Good Men was based on an actual event. My best friend's brother was one of the Marines that performed the "code red".

Carry on with the wackyness...

Say it isn't so!

Arguing on the interweb is so productive and I'm sure will sway one side away from their beliefs; they will "see the light" and the previous error in their thinking. Without this thread they may never realize the path they travel is not righteous.

The thread must continue as to benefit all mankind!

I have one word for you guys "suppressive firepower and violence of force". Back in the 80's my old pistol coach was double distinguished and could pick up anyone's gun and put a round in the "X". He had a saying...."Auto fire is fine but one to the forehead is final" :) My dad (Pathfinder Vietnam '67-'69)used to tell me that the .22 you had with you was better than the M2.50 you left at home...point is, violent action and firepower lay down the law in a firefight. When I found myself on a mountain in Afghanistan with a .22 calibre, A2 looking across a valley at a Haji with an AK 500M away in a high wind...I would have given a months pay for my M1 Garand. When I saw an FN 5.7 the first time I saw the future. Spray and pray baby!!

"A 9mm is just a .45 set on stun"

Screw Glocks and 1911s.
Should've gone with this.
Bren Ten Standard 02.jpg

Bren Ten Standard 02.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads