JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As I see it the Local Growns attack where all mass shooters do, where there are no guns!
Keep in mind though that the Beslan School Massacre took place in a remote rural area where there were guns because the school had only one armed guard and survival was not the goal of the Perps, who were imported for the job, terror was their goal.
The Koran declares that Jihadis must attack to inflict terror. Death in pursuit of Jihad is an automatic ticket to Utopia.
The Koran also advises; Always use out of the box thinking, always attack the weakest link.
Taking out a small, isolated community, regardless of the cost to the perps, would have a huge emotional and political repercussions. There are many areas in the west that offer such targets where the population is small, dispersed and easily targeted. The Westgate Mall attack may well have been uploaded live to the perp's controlers. Imagine if that happened inside the US w/ real time beheadings, child rapes, burnings?
The country would come unglued and a Counter Jihad begun, just like many want to happen

Last Edited:
Anyone with an interest could paralyze the country with three reasonably trained guys with semi-auto arms and a willingness to die.

Not going to detail it, but it would be TRIVIAL. the reason Al Quaeda etc. hasn't hit us with this is a testament to our security services and a telling point to the bad guys' lack of sense.

Beslan. I need say no more.

I am about as ready as there is a chance that a terrorist attack would happen anywhere near me - which is not very much.

Some people really like to stir the pot, making people afraid of "terrorists" and other "threats" that are not very likely.:rolleyes:

Not sure why you call them cowards, or only willing to hit soft targets, I would say a suicide run into the Pentagon with a 767 is not a cowardly act into a soft target. ISIS is pretty much taking on Iraq, Iran and egypt, also poking Europe right in the pooper with a sharp stick.

They are ruthless, they are committed, they are strategic, the ends justify the means, they have no honor, they follow no law. Convert or die.

That is our enemy.

Saw this on a militia web site.

Don't know how accurate it is, but it's food for thought...

62dsn6w.gif

I think it borders upon impossible to truly be "ready" for something unquantifiable, unprecedented and relatively "random".

I would rather face crackpots that are heavily armed and even armored than disciplined, trained lines that will not break.

Personally, I just stay armed and pay attention. We can all only be so "ready" in my opinion.

I think it borders upon impossible to truly be "ready" for something unquantifiable, unprecedented and relatively "random".

I would rather face crackpots that are heavily armed and even armored than disciplined, trained lines that will not break.

Personally, I just stay armed and pay attention. We can all only be so "ready" in my opinion.
It is a long held axiom that there are things a person knows.
There are things that are unknown but are recognized as being unknown.
There are things that are unknown and not conceived of.
Rummy, under stress, said it differently and was attacked by the LSM for it.

It is a long held axiom that there are things a person knows.
There are things that are unknown but are recognized as being unknown.
There are things that are unknown and not conceived of.
Rummy, under stress, said it differently and was attacked by the LSM for it.
The attackers didn't know about unknown unknowns - thereby displaying their own ignorance.

Not that I think Rumsfeld deserves to be defended.

Those disciplined lines did not work out so well for the British so well in the Revolutionary War when faced with crack pots similarly armed utilizing hit and run tactics.

Those disciplined lines did not work out so well for the British so well in the Revolutionary War when faced with crack pots similarly armed utilizing hit and run tactics.
Isn't "crackpots similarly armed utilizing hit and run tactics." completely different than the "situational awareness" described here?

I think when you arm yourself to fight Redcoats in a rebellion it's a bit different than being caught in a Supermall when an organized attack happens. On one hand, you went on a mission to hide and kill your enemy. On the other, you went to The Gap to buy jeans.

Disciplined lines against willing combatants is so much different than disciplined lines against sissified consumers that have only seen gunfire and blood on a 30' screen.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top