JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to get a flashlight on my handgun, but I think my family members have a problem with it. Not being able to use it, they can get good with training but having it on there. The see it "as a big bad gun". I see it as an other tool. I also don't want to make things difficult for us. However I did have a small victory I got them to come to class with me. They agreed if I can convince them on this if I keep taking to them maybe I can convince them more to come over to our side. However if I make the wrong move things could become difficult. Also they said Christmas is coming up maybe a safe can be a good gift.

The toughest thing is I value my family's trust more than anything except maybe the second a

Last Edited:
Seems like a simple solution to me. Get at least one more gun. If they do not want to use the pistol you put a light on, get one for them with no light. Getting them to a class was the A1 best way to get them started so congrats on that. Now maybe buy or rent a .22 pistol. See if they may find some simple target shooting with something easy fun.

Because I think the more I can convince them, I want to know a good point to stop. In the long run I want them on our side and there trust. A gun is a right yes but trust is a privilege.

Because I think the more I can convince them, I want to know a good point to stop. In the long run I want them on our side and there trust. A gun is a right yes but trust is a privilege.
Good on you for trying. If there is a range with rentals see if they will shoot a .22 with you. Most will enjoy these and they may find they actually enjoy shooting for fun. The .22's make a great teaching tool too for people who are new and want to get their feet wet. Good luck, we need as many people on "our side" as we can muster!

Cause I want an A.R they aren't comfortable with that or a. A.K. We don't see eye to eye on it.I am they are not. I might feel weird going behind there backs. I would feel horrible if that was the case

That is the -A version, which is for polymer pistols, the -B version is for Picaninny rail like on a carbine.
The Co has a quick video on them that makes them look like a hell of a great idea. The one with the quick mount comes with two plates so you can use it with "standard" rails found on most pistols or put the other one in for any gun with a 1913 rail. Even sell a remote switch for the thing. Wife is already on me with "what do you want for Christmas, its so hard to buy anything for you". Well I just put one of these to the front of the list of what she can buy me :D May get another for me too from me :D:D

Cause I want an A.R they aren't comfortable with that or a. A.K. We don't see eye to eye on it.I am they are not. I might feel weird going behind there backs. I would feel horrible if that was the case
Do whatever works for now. Get them shooting anything to start. Let them find out the guns are not some evil machine that jumps up and kills. If they start to have fun who knows where it will go from there!:D
There are a few ranges around you that have rentals.

Do whatever works for now. Get them shooting anything to start. Let them find out the guns are not some evil machine that jumps up and kills. If they start to have fun who knows where it will go from there!:D
There are a few ranges around you that have rentals.
. I'm very new to guns as an adult. Myself

No problem at all. Everyone starts somewhere. The ranges with rentals are fun, and its FAR better to rent something to try rather than buy and then find out you really do not like it. With rentals you can try a bunch of different things and know for sure what you like before plunking down that cash and jumping through the hoops to buy it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top