JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

gun.jpg

Where are the people who like to say "the government isn't going to take your guns", "it's so low on the list, ain't gonna happen", and those other excuses they have for voting in tyrants and spitting in the face of one of the main purposes of this site?

Yeah, you know who you are...
:) I am right here, and I still don't believe they'll ever do anything meaningful at all. I don't get excited in either direction when politicians make promises; they've all proven to me that keeping those promises is a function of political expediency and maintaining the economic status quo. If they make it illegal for me to own my AR-15s, I will eat my crow along with the rest. Maybe they'll ban some more accessories like the last republican did. Obama punted to congress every time; he knew he couldn't do anything. G.W.B. said he'd extend the Assault Weapons Ban. Clinton passed the Assault weapons ban, which gave us the loophole rifles and gave everyone the knowledge that feature bans are toothless. I'll wait and see what they go for and how much support it actually has.

There are a massive number of avid gun owners who have been voting for Democrats for a while now. They don't put stickers on their cars or post on forums, and gun rights aren't the only issue they care about, but they do care about it. The Democrats know that. They won't ban guns any more than the GOP would ban abortion. They'll both just flap their jaws about it and do whatever their corporate donors tell them they can do.

:) I am right here, and I still don't believe they'll ever do anything meaningful at all. I don't get excited in either direction when politicians make promises; they've all proven to me that keeping those promises is a function of political expediency and maintaining the economic status quo. If they make it illegal for me to own my AR-15s, I will eat my crow along with the rest. Maybe they'll ban some more accessories like the last republican did. Obama punted to congress every time; he knew he couldn't do anything. G.W.B. said he'd extend the Assault Weapons Ban. Clinton passed the Assault weapons ban, which gave us the loophole rifles and gave everyone the knowledge that feature bans are toothless. I'll wait and see what they go for and how much support it actually has.

There are a massive number of avid gun owners who have been voting for Democrats for a while now. They don't put stickers on their cars or post on forums, and gun rights aren't the only issue they care about, but they do care about it. The Democrats know that. They won't ban guns any more than the GOP would ban abortion. They'll both just flap their jaws about it and do whatever their corporate donors tell them they can do.

Do you know anyone who lives in California?

Obama punted to congress every time
Wait... punted?
Isn't having the legislative branch handle legislation the way it's supposed to be done?
Obama was so smug and self-assured of his popularity that he thought the midterms would go against type and deliver him a supermajority in both chambers. Oops... not so fast. He lost his majority and with it his chances of GC infamy.
Clinton pushed AWB I and signed it.
GWB did nothing because he didn't want the bad optic of losing.
Trump effed-up with the bump stock EO and it cost him support, if not the actual election.
Biden has majorities until 2022... he learned from Barry's mistake. His handlers are unlikely to let that happen again. It may pass in part or in full. It may not. It depends on how safe key congresscritters feel, especially the Ds up for reelection next year in contested territories.

Last Edited:
Wait... whuuut?
Isn't having the legislative branch handle legislation the way it's supposed to be done?
Obama was so smug and self-assured of his popularity that he thought the midterms would go against type and deliver him a supermajority in both chambers. Oops... not so fast. He lost his majority and with it his chances of GC infamy.
Clinton pushed AWB I and signed it.
GWB did nothing because he didn't want the bad optic of losing.
Trump effed-up with the bump stock EO and it cost him support, if not the actual election.
Biden has majorities until 2022... he learned from Barry's mistake. His handlers are unlikely to let that happen again. It may pass in part or in full. It may not. It depends on how safe key congresscritters feel, especially the Ds up for reelection next year in contested territories.
I clearly remember GWB saying he would sign an AWB extension or legislation to make it permanent. I also clearly remember him on the campaign trail proposing universal background checks, mandatory trigger locks for all handguns, and increasing the legal carrying age to 21.

Obama did not ever have a congress friendly to further gun control measures, and Biden does not have one now. Most Democratic politicians talk out their butts on gun control and racial justice just like most Republican politicians talk out their butts about abortion and family values. These are issues that voters may care about, but their handlers do not. My guess: They will pretend to fight to get high-capacity magazines banned for new manufacture/sale in the US, but they will fail and blame it on the Republicans. It will look a lot like the Republicans looked trying to repeal Obamacare. All they want is to be able to disingenuously say "we tried."

I'll believe it when I see a passing majority of both houses declaring their public support for it.

NEW: At a press conference today, Press Sec. Jen Psaki said that Pres. Biden is "not afraid of standing up to the NRA" and won't rule out using executive orders to enforce stricter gun control measures.

Oh Good! I was worried that the new administration was coming after our guns.

Silly me! I obviously have nothing to worry about and this is no worse than Trump II would have been.

:s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114::s0114:

Don't mind the ads and a good read. Most posts covered the same info. Xiden states he'll bury the gun bills in spending bills...
Go figure!

I'll just put this here. This okay for you? You don't have CCL? Not worried about driving through an area with a gun and becoming a felon?

I read it... I might be missing something; what is the provision in that bill that would make it a felony to drive through an area with a gun? It appears to me to only restrict firearms in the interior of public buildings belonging to state, county, or metro areas, only if those jurisdictions wish it to be punishable, and with Class C felony being the limit to what charges could potentially be brought. At first read, I do not see anything in that bill that I have a major problem with, but as I said I may be missing something. I would appreciate a discussion on the finer points, if you would like.

I do have a CCL and have for over a decade.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top