JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New York Attorney General Letitia James led a multi-state coalition of 20 attorneys general calling on the Biden administration to halt the sale of 5.56 caliber ammunition to civilians by the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, a Missouri-based supplier for the U.S. military.

"Billions of rounds of military-grade ammunition manufactured at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant have been sold on the commercial market, leading to their use in many of the most tragic mass shootings in recent history," the AGs stated in a Jan. 9 letter to the White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention. "We ask your Office to conduct an investigation into the contracting processes that led to this situation, and to take action to ensure that military-grade and military-subsidized ammunition stays out of civilian hands."

The letter was signed by AGs from Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington. While many of these states have been enacting restrictions on firearms, others, including Arizona and Vermont, maintain a tradition of relatively permissive gun laws.

Stock up. Seriously. With this thinking, a desired 11% ammo tax in WA State proposed in draft Legislation, and likely more the writing is on the wall...

As I've mentioned before, I use and recommend AmmoSeek.

;)

But I get your point.
No, that's them, sacs of bubblegum. But then, some types of fecal material are beneficial. Horse and steer manure for instance. That's not the kind I'm talking about.

I know how to google too. :D

sac

1 of 4​

noun

ˈsak

: a pouch within an animal or plant often containing a fluid
a synovial sac

saclike
ˈsak-ˌlīk
adjective

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/195q7rk/20_attorney_generals_argued_556_ammo_should_be/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I've been saying for a while now, that this is a thing in a number of other countries, and that the gov would try to push it here.

Buy cheap, stock deep.

As an aside, one of the reasons I have so much rimfire ammo is for barter, and I would barter it 10:1 for centerfire ammo. I could barter away half what I have in rimfire and still have more than I (or my kids) would use in a lifetime.

But here we have another example of the same old trope: anti-gun politicians and officials, bloviating about something they know nothing about, to justify yet more government intrusion that will not affect crime or mass shooters. Bear in mind, of course, that affecting crime is not the goal. The goal is civil disarmament, pure and simple, and once you accept that, all the rest of it starts to make sense.

Stock up. Seriously. With this thinking, a desired 11% ammo tax in WA State proposed in draft Legislation, and likely more the writing is on the wall...

As I've mentioned before, I use and recommend AmmoSeek.

I used ammoseek for the 1st time and just ordered 1,000 rounds of 5.56.

Maybe I will load up some more of that 5.56 brass I have in the drawer.:rolleyes:

If nothing else I can always trade it off for something I need. :)

Like maybe a steel trigger guard for my latest BP rifle project. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top