JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok, not to be "That Guy" here, but, How did those kids get ahold of those weapons in the first place? Who leaves a loaded AK out and about, and then expects it will still be there if/when his home is broken into! Not knowing the home owners situation, I'm not judging, but this is a case for secure storage and i'm sure the MSM will be jumping all over this little tidbit!

Sheriff Mike Chitwood said:
"The brainiacs in Tallahassee, they want to do this restorative justice stuff. They need to take a deep look and say, 'Something's not right here,' because where the rubber meets the road, these kids are killers. They're capable of killing. This juvenile citation (expletive) that you hear from these faith groups, they need to worry about what's going on in the pulpit in their church, not worried about what's going on on the (expletive) streets when you have 14-year-olds and 12-year-olds arming themselves,"

The maniacs promoting "Restorative Justice" and "Social Justice" have caused more harm to modern society than anything with the possible exception of people making crack and fentanyl.

We ought to be thankful to the GFO that they WERE inept in their handling of these guns.

However, the bullet does NOT know who fired it, and those deputies could have been just as dead or gravely injured by sheer bad luck of being in the way of a bad shooter as they might for a good one.

Ok, not to be "That Guy" here, but, How did those kids get ahold of those weapons in the first place? Who leaves a loaded AK out and about, and then expects it will still be there if/when his home is broken into! Not knowing the home owners situation, I'm not judging, but this is a case for secure storage and i'm sure the MSM will be jumping all over this little tidbit!

This incident is already being used as an example of why Oregon Democrats were justified in passing SB544.

-E-

The thing that always (still) surprises me with stories similar to this is the viciousness involved in the attacks.

Most people... ANY normal person, no matter how jaded from Hollywood violence or video games, would be horrified to see the real life effects of real life violence when perpetrated against another human being. Even justifiable violence, combat, or defensive gunplay is enough to put most NORMAL people into a state of semi-shock, at least the first time. After the adrenaline wears off, you may barf, then pray it never happens again. That's just the act itself, not taking into account that NORMAL people don't know what gunshot victims, heads caved-in by blunt objects, or even vehicular accident aftermath looks like... especially feral youngsters like in this story.

They may have "Blaze of Glory" fantasies, romanticized versions of thug-life, or visions of Hollywood-style shootouts in their heads (Calling them "Bonnie and Clyde" doesn't help). But when it gets real, and someone is actually injured or killed, the reality and horror of the situation SHOULD be enough shut it down. Just having your gunfire returned SHOULD be a bit of a wake-up call that this isn't a movie or a game. Sadly, with a lot of these little sociopaths, it's not enough.

The race of these two psychos (unknown to me) will determine the rest of the media coverage. They will either be portrayed as victims or perpetrators, oppressor or oppressed. Either way, it will help the "safe storage" and limited magazine capacity advocates push their agenda-ball a little further down the field.

The race of these two psychos (unknown to me) will determine the rest of the media coverage. They will either be portrayed as victims or perpetrators, oppressor or oppressed. Either way, it will help the "safe storage" and limited magazine capacity advocates push their agenda-ball a little further down the field.
My mention of the lack of any corroborating images in an earlier post was based on this proviso.

Usually the names are enough to give us a clue - this time, not so much.

My mention of the lack of any corroborating images in an earlier post was based on this proviso.

Usually the names are enough to give us a clue - this time, not so much.
The fact that they're both minors will keep the media from publishing mugshots, etc. I'm not sure how they got cleared to even print the little darlings' names... there may be an issue with that later.

You're right, though... like it or not, there's usually clues/information to be gleaned from names and/or location. Florida is a wildcard.

This incident is already being used as an example of why Oregon Democrats were justified in passing SB544.

-E-
OH YES!! Of course had such a law been in place the adults in that household would have changed their gun storing habits and had all firearms and ammo in safes, with trigger locks. Absolutely!

I've been thinking about this for a day or so off and on now, and my takeaway is that the officer(s) who finally had to shoot a little girl are probably pretty messed up over this. It's good for everyone involved she didn't die because forced or not, I think that would be a lot to live with for a normal decent human being.

Back in the 70's, a former soldier acquaintance of mine was shot in the head on a street corner patrol by a 12 y/o boy who had been given the revolver by the locals to do just that. As the soldier moved his hand across to take a look at his watch for the boy, he upped an old WW2 Enfield revolver and let him have it.

He survived, but was much changed in the process.

The boy took at least ten shots from 7.62 rounds before hitting the gutter.

EVERYBODY involved felt bad.

OH YES!! Of course had such a law been in place the adults in that household would have changed their gun storing habits and had all firearms and ammo in safes, with trigger locks. Absolutely!

Something to consider: while firearms storage habits with SB544 are unlikely to change, there is now legal responsibility to be handed out if something like this were to happen here. That Mr. Homeowner would be in a world of hurt as the DA and courts figure out the real world application of "negligence" in this scenario.

Back in the 70's, a former soldier acquaintance of mine was shot in the head on a street corner patrol by a 12 y/o boy who had been given the revolver by the locals to do just that. As the soldier moved his hand across to take a look at his watch for the boy, he upped an old WW2 Enfield revolver and let him have it.

He survived, but was much changed in the process.

The boy took at least ten shots from 7.62 rounds before hitting the gutter.

EVERYBODY involved felt bad.

I'm a betting man; and I'm going to bet that the people that gave the kid the gun and sent him off to be a suicide assassin didn't shed a single tear for him.

Something to consider: while firearms storage habits with SB544 are unlikely to change, there is now legal responsibility to be handed out if something like this were to happen here. That Mr. Homeowner would be in a world of hurt as the DA and courts figure out the real world application of "negligence" in this scenario.
I wouldn't disagree with you. My concern is exactly were "they" draw a line between negligent and and proper storage. I don't think "they" can trust be trusted anymore? While hundreds of people should have been arrested for breaking the law in the last year+, they weren't. Now there's now way I can trust "them" to not abuse this law because of their hatred toward gun owners.

We shall see.

Something to consider: while firearms storage habits with SB544 are unlikely to change, there is now legal responsibility to be handed out if something like this were to happen here.
I'm not sure this is even a good thing. The firearms were stored in a probably locked HOUSE. This wasn't a case of an authorized child or children stumbling upon a dangerous thing. I have issues with any liability attaching to a burglary victim due to events stemming from the burglary.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top