JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure this is even a good thing. The firearms were stored in a probably locked HOUSE. This wasn't a case of an authorized child or children stumbling upon a dangerous thing. I have issues with any liability attaching to a burglary victim due to events stemming from the burglary.
It was a 5 bedroom 3 bath gunroom.

I wouldn't disagree with you. My concern is exactly were "they" draw a line between negligent and and proper storage. I don't think "they" can trust be trusted anymore? While hundreds of people should have been arrested for breaking the law in the last year+, they weren't. Now there's now way I can trust "them" to not abuse this law because of their hatred toward gun owners.

We shall see.

I'm not sure this is even a good thing. The firearms were stored in a probably locked HOUSE. This wasn't a case of an authorized child or children stumbling upon a dangerous thing. I have issues with any liability attaching to a burglary victim due to events stemming from the burglary.

There should be an "out" in this clause: [...] (b) The unsecured firearm was obtained by a person as a result of the person entering
or remaining unlawfully in a dwelling, as those terms are defined in ORS 164.205 [...].

That being said, I hate having to type the word "should" above. Like you Mike, I simply don't trust the local prosecutors office to care about the fact that a crime was committed to obtain the firearm and that any such legal culpability is not the homeowner's. Guess we'll see how it all shakes out in the next year.

Wow I suppose the home owners left the AK47 unsecured in the home. Very large home and no excuse to not have it secured when they left their home.

We have multiple vehicles in our driveway . when we are all out in our daily drivers it's only one ,but if we take a road trip it's up to 3 functioning cars or trucks.
The keys are not locked up.

The logic behind safe gun storage laws, if applied to a device that is far more lethal ( motor vehicles) ,makes me liable if a burglar takes the unsecured keys? To expand further: break into my house, steal keys, steal vehicle, cause fatality accident . Net result is I'm criminally and civilly liable because my extra keys aren't inside my safe.

We have multiple vehicles in our driveway . when we are all out in our daily drivers it's only one ,but if we take a road trip it's up to 3 functioning cars or trucks.
The keys are not locked up.

The logic behind safe gun storage laws, if applied to a device that is far more lethal ( motor vehicles) ,makes me liable if a burglar takes the unsecured keys? To expand further: break into my house, steal keys, steal vehicle, cause fatality accident . Net result is I'm criminally and civilly liable because my extra keys aren't inside my safe.

Has nothing to do with the games. Has nothing to do with the firearms. Has nothing to do with whatever BS the Hollywood news media wants to spin.

What it has to do with is all the stuff that is crammed down everyone's throats about political correctness, no child left behind, participation trophies, emasculation of men, have famous people flaunt their bodies and show young women that you should do the same thing, then; when guys initial response is in a sexual way, say see they are all dogs and don't want anything else but to treat you like property. Which then means that nobody takes ownership of what they have control over and that's themselves and how they conduct their actions. There's more to it but I'm tired of all the BS

I believe they were run-aways from a group home.
In this case yep, but it's always some kid or kids who live with a single mom or some garbage like that. I'm sure there are exceptions but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I'm talking mass shooters and kids who get up to truly egregious levels of violence.

Even lowering the bar to less notorious mischief, it still seems that kids in this situation are overrepresented.

I wouldn't disagree with you. My concern is exactly were "they" draw a line between negligent and and proper storage. I don't think "they" can trust be trusted anymore? While hundreds of people should have been arrested for breaking the law in the last year+, they weren't. Now there's now way I can trust "them" to not abuse this law because of their hatred toward gun owners.

We shall see.
If you make the definition "subjective", you can "subject" different people to different standards, which seems to be all the rage lately.

Well said....locks and security means can only keep the honest people honest.
When is enough good enough? Only when respect for others and their property is restored or enforced and sadly right now the bad guys are winning....

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top