JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is much safer than it was yesterday, by far. SCOTUS will turn back toward the Constitution. State by state we will have to fight, even harder, somehow we have to find a better message to all Americans. I do not know hat it is beyond recruiting more gunners. IE, taking folks, kids, friends, relatives shooting, calm, and deliberate discussions...
And playing the long game, and winning in court.
Brutus Out

There's still a hard fight to be fought in Oregon to keep brown from abusing her power, but I have to say that I'm excited to go to class today at PSU. All the gloomy faces from the liberal kids raised with participation awards, and preferred pronouns have just lost their SJW "hero."
They aren't going to show up to class. Lots of them were blocking the freeway last night at the behest of the Black Lives Matter people in Portland, and 99% of them will need to stay snuggled in their blankies because they will claim PTSD or some bullbubblegum.

The federal level is fine for now, and the Supreme Court will be well positioned for a while. However, the governor, state senate, and state house is all controlled by the DNC in Oregon. The governor has already stated an intent to target gun ownership. If they get that through without over stepping the bounds deemed by the SCOTUS, they'll still take our rights away.

Last Edited:
Look at what's going on in Massachusetts. You can't buy a New Glock in that state and the attorney general put a crazy ban on semi auto rifles with no due process. Their governor says he can't do anything.

Sure you can buy a Glock in Mass. Just go to the black market.

Gun control is dead. It's peak was in the 1990s or so. It remains only as a fantasy among politicians, but people across the board are now buying guns. The gun banners are losing their constituency. Look at SB941, roundly ignored in Oregon even by conservatives with their fetish for being law-abiding. ;)

Every year we get a couple more states with constitutional carry. That is the real story. Not some crap law that Bloomberg buys, and nobody pays attention to.

The crazy thing is that pretty much twice as many scumbag Oregonians voted for Clinton as Trump.

You got that right our opposition is so more organized than we are they are in to win and everything is on the line.
We need to keep this momentum going like they did two year's ago with the BGC bills in both states. We should stand together from now on, our rights are too damn important to let scum take them away!!!!:s0132::s0132::s0137:

Do you have any data to back up that statement?
Lake Oswego Pastor, stonewalled the state police and the case of improperly transferring a privately owned firearm was dropped... Period... Not enough evidence, even with the self proclamation that it was given to another church member for safe keeping...

The precedent has been set for all to follow... SB 941 isn't worth the paper it was printed on...

The federal level is fine for now, and the Supreme Court will be well positioned for a while. However, the governor, state senate, and state house is all controlled by the DOC in Oregon. The governor has already stated an intent to target gun ownership. If they get that through without over stepping the bounds deemed by the SCOTUS, they'll still take our rights away.

And as usual, Washington will follow.

I just have a real hard time trying to figure out how OR and WA are so blue (DEM) when there are a lot of people who vote against it. I just don't understand..... :( :oops:

Lake Oswego Pastor, stonewalled the state police and the case of improperly transferring a privately owned firearm was dropped... Period... Not enough evidence, even with the self proclamation that it was given to another church member for safe keeping...

The precedent has been set for all to follow... SB 941 isn't worth the paper it was printed on...
That was a case of the left protecting the left.

Guys, It has to be said here and now, DO not back off one inch!!! Join the N.R.A. get as many as you can to Join, get as many gun owners as you can to join up and help fund the push back! IF every gun owner were to to that, we would have a powerful voice to take on the States and force unjust laws out! The left has money, they have support, and they are organised, time for us to do the same! Time to force the issues at the top levels, and we need to work together to find THE perfect case to take to the Supreme Court for ruling! Once that happens, the rest will snow ball! Raise the pressure at every seat in the States, make our voices heard loud and clear!!! Also need to make a move to sensor Kate, and to remove her Powers of "Emergency Initiative's" too stop her from trampling all over the state and usurping Law! Finally, need to remove her Hold on the State Police and force them to uphold Law!!!

The Democrat party is not going to admit it but gun control cost them this election just as it did with Al Gore. This time it cost them the supreme court as well, very likely in a huge way.

The party really needs to do some soul searching on the benefits of taking guns, which by their own admission is virtually nothing, vs. what they have lost.

First thing they should do is send Bloomberg packing.

How can the AG of MA ban magazines and rifles? They don't have the power to enact laws, only interpret and enforce them. Unless they are interpreting some weird law as meaning that the above items are banned...which I suspect is the case. Dare I google it?

How can the AG of MA ban magazines and rifles? They don't have the power to enact laws, only interpret and enforce them. Unless they are interpreting some weird law as meaning that the above items are banned...which I suspect is the case. Dare I google it?

That's exactly what happened - she 'reinterpreted' an existing law to get it to say what she wanted - bingo! new law, AG now writes the laws! Yet the people of MA play along, refuse to stand up to her. Expect that could happen here at some point too.

The Democrat party is not going to admit it but gun control cost them this election just as it did with Al Gore. This time it cost them the supreme court as well, very likely in a huge way.

The party really needs to do some soul searching on the benefits of taking guns, which by their own admission is virtually nothing, vs. what they have lost.

First thing they should do is send Bloomberg packing.

I am hoping perhaps some in the D party are seeing that running a campaign on gun control may have been a factor in her loss, and perhaps may start to make gun control a toxic issue to them. Though, at this point, no one is saying that, at least among the news reports and talking heads I've heard so far.

The 2A is *never* safe--"the price of Liberty is eternal Vigilance" and all.

Remember, George H.W. Bush enacted the '89 Import Ban by EO, and he was a Republican...

As a side note to this discussion worth mentioning - all those foreign contributions to the Clintons via their "charitable foundation" :rolleyes: was for one thing only - pay for play. Now that her political career has been effectively ended (no chance the D's will give her another shot after her humiliating loss last night), what does she have to offer for those tens of millions given to her by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and many others?

You know, it's kind of like taking money from the mafia, then not being able to pay it back or do what you promised - I wonder how "charitable" they will continue to be? Will the "donations" suddenly dry up for all the good work they do at the foundation? Or will, with her dreams dashed on the rocks like a cliff diver that missed his mark, will the foundation suddenly, mysteriously dry up?

So much to look forward to in the next months as this plays out. I think Hillary's humiliation is the best part of this whole deal, well, maybe protecting the SCOTUS is first, humiliating and hopefully prosecuting Hillary is a very close 2nd.

Trump's victory speech doesn't leave a lot of hope for prosecution--if you take him at his word (which I don't, but I'm willing to guardedly wait and see) he seemed to be trying for more of an "A Time To Heal" tone.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how much to believe of it but it was a speech I'd have never seen coming based on the "Candidate The Donald" persona Trump put on and wore this campaign--very unlike his candidate persona, even somewhat Presidential. Time will tell how much he means of it...

As others have said: Federal=Yes. State=No. At least in the short term.

And yes, we need to organize and fight. Start at your local level and build up. Don't know how? Join a MomsDemandAction meeting in your area and let them train you :)

I just noticed that CeaseFire birthed another group Ceasefire Oregon Action Fund: Voting Orange. Not much, but they do list an interesting article on how to talk pretty to other people to persuade them to support gun control. i.e. how to tell the truth. Of note:

"Throughout this time, we've learned how defining symbols, logos, and slogans for the gun violence prevention movement is challenging. #gvp is polarizing and politically charged. Words like "gun", "violence", "control", and "firearm" stir up fear and discomfort and discourage conversation."

Ceasefire Oregon Action Fund: Voting Orange - 时间线 | Facebook

And we need to encourage more of this: Oregon State High School Clay Target League
Facebook[tn]=kC&ft[qid]=6351092644269999805&ft[mf_story_key]=8109950639340765114&ft[ei]=AI%4067a7789ca1870c55be28cc46dc90d128&ft[fbfeed_location]=1&ft[insertion_position]=1&__md__=1

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top