JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looks like Trump has pulled it off and will be our next president.

So is the 2A safe from the gun grabbers grasp now?

Or will we still have to fight state by state to prevent the gun grabbers from legislating our gun rights away?

I think after trump replaces Justice Scalia with another 2A friendly supreme court justice and we can escalate the fight up to that level, we will be able to back them down, or at least, I am hoping so. Maybe we will hit the trifecta and the article below will be correct and we can replace Scalia plus 3 more justices!

Link >> The Next President Will Likely Appoint 4 Supreme Court Justices: Which President Do You Want Picking Them?

During the next four years, the new president will likely nominate not only Scalia's replacement but also an additional 3 new justices. Since 1971, the average age of retirement for a Supreme Court justice has been just under 79 years. Ginsburg is 83, Kennedy is 80, and Breyer will be 78 in mid-August.

Just imagine after we have these new 2A friendly justices appointed! No more gun haters legislating away our gun rights and getting away with it.

Are you listening gun grabbers?

My bet is we'll have to fight even harder... as I said in another thread, the Left will vent their rage at not being able to turn the whole country into their vision of Fascist Utopia by punishing us trapped in their Blue Bastions.

It has been a state to state battle for Washington & Oregon thanks to Kalifornication. We were just handed an unconstitutional I-1491 initiative by uninformed voters in the blue counties & Pugetropolis.....
No due process means you are guilty until proven innocent and unable to protect yourself.

It has been a state to state battle for Washington & Oregon thanks to Kalifornication. We were just handed an unconstitutional I-1491 initiative by uninformed voters in the blue counties & Pugetropolis.....
No due process means you are guilty until proven innocent and unable to protect yourself.

Worst part is even a Cop can decide you should no longer be a gun owner and get your guns taken away.

Given some officer's propensity to treat people with disrespect, I see them making up any BS they feel is needed, putting it into a report and proceeding to remove guns with impunity any time they feel like it.

They could even use this a bully technique to get you to publicly display anger then nail you as dangerous and proceed to take your guns.

Worst part is even a Cop can decide you should no longer be a gun owner and get your guns taken away.

Given some officer's propensity to treat people with disrespect, I see them making up any BS they feel is needed, putting it into a report and proceeding to remove guns with impunity any time they feel like it.

They could even use this a bully technique to get you to publicly display anger then nail you as dangerous and proceed to take your guns.

Well it is a poorly written and unconstitutional prose to disarm us law abiding gun owners so there. We have to support our local Pro 2A Orgs with cash to fight it.

Last Edited:
Well it is a poorly and unconstitutional prose to disarm away abiding gun owners so there. We have to support our local Pro 2A Orgs with cash to fight it.

Exactly right but we need to be smart about it. It has to be some one who has actually had their rights removed by this law, should not be a problem as I am betting there will be thousands of these bogus gun rights attacks on day one.

Next we need to make sure we have the supreme court solidly on our side before we take it there.

As you said, local support will be very important, but at least now, we can expect to win in the long run.

Kate Brown is sure to try pushing thru more "gun control" via emergency clauses, she is already pushing for an Oregon assult weapons ban and hi-cap magazine ban. You have to love that Portland and Eugene control the vote for Oregon, NOT. I cant believe people voted that fake into office, I know I didnt vote for her. Can we get a re-count!?!?!

Not safe. Look at what's going on in Massachusetts. You can't buy a New Glock in that state and the attorney general put a crazy ban on semi auto rifles with no due process. Their governor says he can't do anything.

Katie Brown is a duffus with enough power to run wild and abolish rights without a second thought. The people don't need those rights, I'm Katie B, b****h. I run this. I know its crude but it's true. Gun grabbers can't risk due process.

1) A crazy man is in the White House. There is no telling what he will do. The good thing the POTUS cannot make law or or really even policy - that is the job of Congress and the GOP now has control of both the Senate and the house. So probably no anti-gun laws will get passed for the next two years - if Trump doesn't go off-script (it is really hard to tell or know what his script is he rambles so much).

The downside - if once in power he acts like he talks, then in two years, when the 2018 elections come up, there won't be Clinton to hate in a POTUS race, and 435 seats in the house and 33 in the senate will be up for grabs and the pendulum could easily swing the other way after two years of Trump in the White House. At that point it will depend on Trump - whether he has the cajones and support to veto anti-gun laws.

2) The gun control crowd has more or less given up on national laws. They probably had hopes for this election, but now that won't happen. So they will go on with their state by state push. Last I looked they won with a ballot measure in WA state yesterday, and in the governor races, so expect to see more state law attempts and possibly passes in OR and WA.

The good thing is that in some states there simply won't be a chance of them pushing anything through, so without Clinton as POTUS and without a congressional majority for the next two years, there will probably still be "free states" and no national BGC laws. Check in again in 2018 when there is, IMO, likely to be "pushback" from the left in the congressional elections as I mentioned above and if that happens, I expect Trump to become a "lame duck".

---------

Upside for me:

a) The much lower likelihood of a federal BGC before I retire and get my residency in S. Dakota before any national BGC law comes into effect, thereby having a plausible deniability of having sold my "evil guns" off the books, BGCs not being about "Common sense" but rather about de-facto registration.

b) I got out of the stock market a month ago. There is going to be a correction in the market now before the end of the year. I don't know how long it will last or how deep, but if it is like last year and lasts to the end of winter, I will jump in after the first of the year to buy while it is low and make a little bit of money like I did this year and make up for getting out of the market a few weeks early.

----

Unknown for me:

If the GOP continues on the script of cutting back SSI, then that may affect my retirement.

Also, protectionist anti-trade policies may tank the economy overall. The stock market is tanking now, and the economy may also if Trump is able to follow through.

My client that I work for just announced layoffs and while I wasn't affected, there will probably be more next year. I am probably safe until the end of the year this year, but next year, who knows? I don't want to retire early, but I may have to.

Last Edited:
On the federal level I think we are okay. SCOTUS is safe, but on the state side of things we need to keep fighting. SCOTUS will be on our side and we will be able to take cases there and win. The Left will try all their tricks and pass things to pass them in the hopes of further restricting our 2A rights....stalling for the inevitable loss they will face in trial.

So the short answer is no - the second amendment will never be safe because we have gone too far down the road of power grabbing government and people not understanding what rights, especially gun rights, are, in principle.

If people (especially courts and politicians) really understood and supported ALL of our rights, we would be a much freer nation, but we have long since gone past the tipping point in that regard.

-of-government-once-changed-from-freedom-can-never-be-restored-liberty-once-lost-is-lost-forever.jpg

Last Edited:
On the federal level I think we are okay. SCOTUS is safe, but on the state side of things we need to keep fighting. SCOTUS will be on our side and we will be able to take cases there and win. The Left will try all their tricks and pass things to pass them in the hopes of further restricting our 2A rights....stalling for the inevitable loss they will face in trial.

Not everything, indeed very little, can be taken to the SCOTUS.

The crazy thing is that pretty much twice as many scumbag Oregonians voted for Clinton as Trump.

The whole "left coast" always goes for the democratic candidate. That is not only predictable, it was truly predicted. So not "crazy" in the sense of being unexpected.

It was interesting that early in the night WA state was not as solidly Clinton as expected, but then it turned for Clinton later as predicted.

The whole "left coast" always goes for the democratic candidate. That is not only predictable, it was truly predicted. So not "crazy" in the sense of being unexpected.

It was interesting that early in the night WA state was not as solidly Clinton as expected, but then it turned for Clinton later as predicted.

Sho

Shows how infested with liberals we truly are. Only a matter of time until we are cali 2.0

Check out the voting by counties, it's the counties with the big cities that are blue, even in komiefornia. All we need are programmable sink holes!:)

The problem we have is out of state money coming into our states helping to change "Us." The New York and Balmer dollars that have changed gun policy in Washington State again.
This needs to stop and we the voters must change it thru our elected officials in the voting booth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top