JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ronnie screwed gun owners.
But in return he also got us protections for interstate travel while armed. The real Blue Falcon was George H.W. Bush, who bent us over on the '89 Import Ban and offered nothing in return... on the advice of John Sununu who said "what alternative do they have?"

Moral of this story... When you call yourself a Republican and then screw over both the Anti-Tax Vote *and* the Gun Vote, don't expect either to have the courtesy to use lube when we bend you over and make you our b*tch at the ballot box.

Gun owners have a tendency to fall asleep when an R gets elected. I don't know if I am remembering this correctly, but didn't we end up with more gun control out of the Bush administration, than out of Obama's?

Ronald Reagan said at a ceremony at George Washington University: "I want to tell all of you here today something that I'm not sure you know. You do know that I'm a member of the NRA. My position on right to bear arms is well known. But I want you to know something else. And I'm going to say it in clear unmistakable language. I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it."

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act was passed in 1993. This law created a system for background checks of licensed gun buyers, which was maintained by the FBI.

In 2004, President George W. Bush said, "I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban, and was told the fact that the bill was never going to move, because Republicans and Democrats were against the assault weapon ban, people of both parties. I believe law-abiding citizens ought to be able to own a gun. I believe in background checks at gun shows or anywhere to make sure that guns don't get in the hands of people that shouldn't have them."

Ten years earlier, his father wrote a letter to the NRA just two weeks after the Oklahoma City bombing, resigning as a life member of the NRA. And while Ronald Reagan was the Governor of California, he stated his view on guns in May of 1967 when Black Panther Party members walked into the California Statehouse carrying rifles to protest a gun-control bill. "There's no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons."

Former Nixon speechwriter, William Safire, wrote in 1999 how Nixon felt about gun control. "His on-the-record reply: "Guns are an abomination.' Free from fear of gun owners' retaliation at the polls, he favored making handguns illegal and requiring licenses for hunting rifles."

A look back at gun control history

As I recall, Bush Sr. and the NRA got together and passed the FOPA which included a ban on any new manufacture or importation of select fire firearms, in trade for the ability of gun owners to have some minimum of protection from state laws while traveling.

Trumps tells people what they want to hear. It is not going to be the Second Amendment free for all some of us are thinking.

He is a born and raised New Yorker, actual moderate liberal and not the hard core right winger he has been made out to be.

At the very least we will get a second amendment friendly SCJ and maybe national reciprocity. The re importation of surplus. But don't expect NFA or silencers being legalized.

Trumps tells people what they want to hear. It is not going to be the Second Amendment free for all some of us are thinking.

He is a born and raised New Yorker, actual moderate liberal and not the hard core right winger he has been made out to be.

At the very least we will get a second amendment friendly SCJ and maybe national reciprocity. The re importation of surplus. But don't expect NFA or silencers being legalized.

Despite politicians saying one thing and then doing another, people still expect them to follow through, even though the politician doesn't. Trump is already backpedaling on his positions.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
George Santayana

I think the very best thing we can hope for is Trump striking down all the anti 2nd ext. orders, and my wet dream would be for him to write an Ext order Enforcing the full weight of law of the 2nd including the part SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED and there by forcing all 50 States to follow as well! Removing any and all challenges TO the 2nd as inalienable rights would pretty much sew this up once and for all, get it confirmed by the SCOTUS and ratified in congress and that will be the end to all this B.S.

This is where every one NEEDS to join the NRA and become a united voice to effect change! Take the fight to Potus Trumps front door and engage him directly with plans and ideas! He may be an azzclown, but he is our new leader, he isn't a politico,, and he does want to change things! With the NRA, he can have at his disposal, the most powerful lobby in this nation standing at his side!

I think the very best thing we can hope for is Trump striking down all the anti 2nd ext. orders, and my wet dream would be for him to write an Ext order Enforcing the full weight of law of the 2nd including the part SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED and there by forcing all 50 States to follow as well! Removing any and all challenges TO the 2nd as inalienable rights would pretty much sew this up once and for all, get it confirmed by the SCOTUS and ratified in congress and that will be the end to all this B.S.

WOW I really like this idea. We should really keep this going and try to get a lot of people behind this.

Might have to make some post on other Forums about this.

Just stopped in at the local gun store and picked up some .22 on sale. Another customer picked up a brick and asked if we are limited to only 1?, I picked up another brick of another brand and told "you better stock up" before the new trump gun ban goes into effect. His mouth dropped open and I said, yup trump is banning 50 cal full auto weapons, everything else is good to go.

About 10 people were eyeing me, most people started laughing. Dude takes the other brick of .22 from me and says "good one". I look over and the store owner is eyeing me, then he starts laughing also. I said hay just trying to help sales...

Should have seen all the looks when I said "Trump gun ban"... good stuff..

Last Edited:
A look back at gun control history

As I recall, Bush Sr. and the NRA got together and passed the FOPA which included a ban on any new manufacture or importation of select fire firearms, in trade for the ability of gun owners to have some minimum of protection from state laws while traveling.
Democrat Senate, though HW was Veep. Also, it does help to consider that Reagan was vulnerable to Brady influence because Jim Brady took a bullet for him... (If memory serves, Jim had been a gun lover before the shooting, but after he was incapacitated the evil harpy took control of everything sorta like Teresa now-Kerry did to the late John Heinz.)

The Registry Closure (foreign imports were banned by GCA '68 IIRC) was the Hughes Amendment, passed under fly-by-night conditions when there may not have even been a full Senate quorum present--still controversial to this day.

Democrat Senate, though HW was Veep. Also, it does help to consider that Reagan was vulnerable to Brady influence because Jim Brady took a bullet for him... (If memory serves, Jim had been a gun lover before the shooting, but after he was incapacitated the evil harpy took control of everything sorta like Teresa now-Kerry did to the late John Heinz.)

The Registry Closure (foreign imports were banned by GCA '68 IIRC) was the Hughes Amendment, passed under fly-by-night conditions when there may not have even been a full Senate quorum present--still controversial to this day.
And arguably didn't even really pass. Charlie Rangel pushed it through without objection despite the Amendment failing in the vote count. If people think our government is shady now, look back at some of the footage from the 80s before there was the internet. This is just one example of BLATANT corruption.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top