JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem we have is out of state money coming into our states helping to change "Us." The New York and Balmer dollars that have changed gun policy in Washington State again.
This needs to stop and we the voters must change it thru our elected officials in the voting booth.
Washington AND Oregon. Kate Brown spoke at every debate about "campaign finance reform" and "getting money out of politics" and yet she took the largest single bribe, sorry campaign donation, in Oregon history from Michael Bloomberg. At least down here Dennis Richardson won Secretary of State.

At least down here Dennis Richardson won Secretary of State.

I was rather shocked by that development. I wonder if Democrats in Oregon realized that if the Governor of Oregon is unable to continue in office, that the Secretary of State then succeeds the Governor. For that is indeed exactly what happened when Governor Kitzhaber resigned.

Do you think that Brown might have any skeletons in her closet, that could haunt her as bad as what Kitzhaber's fiance did to him?

I was rather shocked by that development. I wonder if Democrats in Oregon realized that if the Governor of Oregon is unable to continue in office, that the Secretary of State then succeeds the Governor. For that is indeed exactly what happened when Governor Kitzhaber resigned.

Do you think that Brown might have any skeletons in her closet, that could haunt her as bad as what Kitzhaber's fiance did to him?

God I hope so.

2nd amendment is safe, for now. Gun rights at the state level, not so much. Possible bright side is that there are many federal judge positions that need to be filled, and Trump has given the lead on that to Mike Pence, as he has with the primary responsibility to fill the recommendations for SCOTUS. Pence knows this stuff well. And those federal circuit appointments are important to our state level fights. If the 9th circuit is tipped in our favor, then the legal challenges from places like CA could actually win and possibly even start to reverse some of what they're doing. So, even though Oregon still has a Dem majority in the house and senate (thankfully not a super majority), if we have to take their proposed laws to the courts, we may have a chance to find some favor, depending on those very, very important federal appointments.

Time to start preparing in OR for the 2017 legislative session fight - it's going to be bad - they are going to want to punish gun owners for Trump's win tonight. I only wish we had a much, much stronger pro-gun advocacy group in Oregon that could really, truly fight them in Salem :(

There's still a hard fight to be fought in Oregon to keep brown from abusing her power, but I have to say that I'm excited to go to class today at PSU. All the gloomy faces from the liberal kids raised with participation awards, and preferred pronouns have just lost their SJW "hero."

There's still a hard fight to be fought in Oregon to keep brown from abusing her power, but I have to say that I'm excited to go to class today at PSU. All the gloomy faces from the liberal kids raised with participation awards, and preferred pronouns have just lost their SJW "hero."

Oh, I wish I could be there to see that...:rolleyes: Be careful though, those kind, compassionate, inclusive and tolerant folks may just bash your head in for good measure o_O

14925782_1519673304713131_2120916805168533238_n.jpg

I see im not the only one who wants to move to a more reasonable gun law state, to whitewash my firearms. These "laws" that the voting public did not pass are getting closer to a tracking collar for "everyones benefit", what about my rights to NOT share my firearm purchase information with the government, I believe these "new" "laws" to be the "shall not be infringed" part of the constitution our founding fathers warned us about.

I see im not the only one who wants to move to a more reasonable gun law state, to whitewash my firearms. These "laws" that the voting public did not pass are getting closer to a tracking collar for "everyones benefit", what about my rights to NOT share my firearm purchase information with the government, I believe these "new" "laws" to be the "shall not be infringed" part of the constitution our founding fathers warned us about.
If you believe that rights are bestowed by man then they can certainly be revoked by man. Or at the very least monitored by government for the greater good. Tracking collar indeed; that was well put.

I think I will celebrate by buying some more "high capacity" magazines today. :p

By all means, buy them while you can.

Trumps temperament is best described as mercurial. He could just as quickly turn against gun owners as any other politician - faster be doesn't care what his handlers say, and will if the mood strikes him. Being as egotistical as he is, he will take this win not as a mandate for his stance on issues, but rather as winning a popularity contest based on him alone.

Moreover, as others have pointed out, the battle is now (at least for a couple of years) in the states and you can bet the "left coast" will not stand still with regards to gun control.

Not safe. Look at what's going on in Massachusetts. You can't buy a New Glock in that state and the attorney general put a crazy ban on semi auto rifles with no due process. Their governor says he can't do anything.

Katie Brown is a duffus with enough power to run wild and abolish rights without a second thought. The people don't need those rights, I'm Katie B, b****h. I run this. I know its crude but it's true. Gun grabbers can't risk due process.
i refer to here as ku^t brown

My line in the sand is a registration system, anymore then what is currently in place. Im 100% against assult weapons ban or hi-cap magazine ban because lets face the facts, these items are here and they are here to stay, either in the hands of law abiding citizens or Non-law abiding criminals...
I truely believe the educational system of AMERICA is to blame, not politics or any one billionaire. If people cared more for learning and education as much as sports and owning the next new cool thing, imagine! We as Americans are dumbing everything down and for what !?!? All these warnings and consumer labels, if you dont know to not put a butter knife in a toaster that is plugged-in and ON, then your death is population control and worth not having a label or warning on damn near every item produced currently for American consumers.

Is the 2A safe? No. Safer? Yes.

I'm concerned that Brown might try something to push a bit further than she would have under a Clinton regime. Just to get 15minutes of fame at the National Level.

Moreso, with Trump winning, its my opinion that These United States of America have a better chance of returning to prosperity.

There will be challenges, the economy may yet crumble.

There will be jobs lost in the thousands, I'd be a bit concerned if I had a government job which didn't actually "do" something rite now. I'd be a bit concerned if I were a low level accountant in a tax group rite now, but only if he's a 2 termer.

Heretic - you did good at getting out of stocks. The market would be about the same (IMO) if Hillary looked like she had a clean sweep. Folks get antsy around election time, plain & simple.

I'd say hold off until near/mid his first 100 days before getting back in. That might give a better idea on which sectors may (hopefully & for all of our sakes!) return to the US.

I just started a thread about this, I'd love to hear your further thoughts on relocation. I've been eyeballing it for a couple years, and not just because of gun rights but because of freedom in general and retirement and other factors (lower cost of living).

Washington and Oregon are on a clear path to California style tyranny....

I feel our 2A rights are more protected now (with Trump) than they would have been with Hillary.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top