JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As a side note to this discussion worth mentioning - all those foreign contributions to the Clintons via their "charitable foundation" :rolleyes: was for one thing only - pay for play. Now that her political career has been effectively ended (no chance the D's will give her another shot after her humiliating loss last night), what does she have to offer for those tens of millions given to her by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and many others?

You know, it's kind of like taking money from the mafia, then not being able to pay it back or do what you promised - I wonder how "charitable" they will continue to be? Will the "donations" suddenly dry up for all the good work they do at the foundation? Or will, with her dreams dashed on the rocks like a cliff diver that missed his mark, will the foundation suddenly, mysteriously dry up?

So much to look forward to in the next months as this plays out. I think Hillary's humiliation is the best part of this whole deal, well, maybe protecting the SCOTUS is first, humiliating and hopefully prosecuting Hillary is a very close 2nd.

Get ready for the Obama Foundation, with Michelle running it, she'll be a Maryland or Virginia Senator in a couple of years. The Dems have the Clinton blueprint and demographics will work in their favor in 4-8 years. Now is the time the Rs need to build a Constitutional SCOTUS.

Brutus Out

Check out the voting by counties, it's the counties with the big cities that are blue, even in komiefornia. All we need are programmable sink holes!:)

The russians all ready have space based sinkhole weapons with minute of angle accuracy. Why do you think Trump wants to have a good relationship with Vladimir Putin?

Soon we will be able to control those pesky infestations of libtards with a few well placed blast.

KERPLUNK.... there goes Seattle
KERPLUNK.... there goes Portland

Komifornia.... next ...

Hopefully we will see more Russian imports and ammo this next year:rolleyes:

I'll step up first, please Mr. Vladimir Putin, I'll have one container load of brown bear 62 gr hollow point steel case 5.56.

Please contact me for shipping address...

After delivery next week, yer all invited over for a shootfest. Requirement for invite - ownership of a black rifle .223/5.56 caliber.

RSVP please.

Last Edited:
Just saw this from a friend:

<broken link removed>

Seen this before, even directed some friends to the <broken link removed> where this is posted.

Trump's willingness to actually post his plan for the supreme court [SCOTUS] and the 2A up for all to see is one of the reasons I am supporting him strongly.

I don't know how many of you guys who have actually read this entire PDF I'm linking to below but you should, if you frequent this forum and you have not read this, I think your going to find it very interesting. Feel free to discuss it in this thread if you like.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Second_Amendment_Rights.pdf

I'll be "Debbie Downer" and say that I'll believe it when I see it.....
DD? No, just a realist with Con Man Don's longstanding welshing pattern-of-behavior.

Matthew 7:16 - "By their fruits shall ye know them," a favorite Scripture among Behavioral Analysis profilers.

Maybe he breaks pattern, maybe not--we'll see, but it's worth noting that even when the motivation is there and genuine effort is made such change is rarely successful.

Obama is right now, today, putting together an executive order to re-define what a firearms dealer is. Basically, anyone who sells a firearm would be a dealer, and subject to laws that dealers must follow. Seems to me, this executive order would be the kind of thing Trump would try to stop. We'll see what happens.

Hopefully we will see more Russian imports and ammo this next year:rolleyes:

I'm wondering that too - Trump will hopefully be getting an earful from the NRA to undo some of the executive order crap Obama pulled in this respect. He's promised to overturn his executive orders - remains to be seen if he will do it.

Heretic - you did good at getting out of stocks. The market would be about the same (IMO) if Hillary looked like she had a clean sweep. Folks get antsy around election time, plain & simple.

I'd say hold off until near/mid his first 100 days before getting back in. That might give a better idea on which sectors may (hopefully & for all of our sakes!) return to the US.

If Trump delivers on some of his promises I don't think it will be good for the economy, but as I have said before, the POTUS cannot make law, only Congress, so the power of the POTUS is actually limited.

We will have to wait and see.

I pulled out of the market to a degree - the bulk of my 401K/IRA is now in bonds and similar funds. However, my contributions to the 401K still go into the market - for now. If the market slumps considerably like it did last winter, then I will do what I did early this year; I will change my contribution percentage from 20% to 80+% in order to buy while the market is low.

I moved what I had to bonds/etc. because I was getting worried about a severe long term (more than a few months) pullback/correction/etc. since the market seems overheated.

The market always comes back, I've been through that before and always stayed in the market, but I am retiring in 3 to 4 years and I don't have a lot of time to wait for it to come back again. Also, there are layoffs at my workplace, and while I didn't get caught in this round, there may be more layoffs next year - being 62+ in tech is not conducive to getting a new job (my current workplace more or less ignore your age as long as you can get things done) - i.e., there is some age bias in the tech professions.

So I had to protect what I had.

In 3 to 4 years, if I can work all the way to full retirement age, when I retire, if my SSI is still there (who knows what Trumps plans are? he has been very vague) then I plan to live frugally mostly on my SSI benefits and save my 401K/IRA for my daughter who is struggling financially, can't afford to put much back for retirement, and who may need to retire early due to health reasons. That's the plan anyway.

We'll see what happens. As I continue working and contributing to my 401K I will be slowly getting back into the market with my contributions only - so that percentage will grow back, but compared to what I now have in bonds, it won't grow above 30% in the market so I shouldn't be too exposed. If after I retire I am sitting well with land/house with no mortgage and good SSI, and the market goes down, I may jump back in with a larger chunk from my bonds funds, but only after I retire and I don't need those funds in the short term.

Wow guys, give Trump a break. He hasn't even gotten the key to executive washroom yet. I don't know what to expect either, but in any regard, Trump in the White House "trumps" :pHillary in the White!

I noticed the doom and gloom stock market sank election night and the rallied to a new high the next day.... it's going to be fine, and if he delivers on half of his promises it will be great!

I just started a thread about this, I'd love to hear your further thoughts on relocation. I've been eyeballing it for a couple years, and not just because of gun rights but because of freedom in general and retirement and other factors (lower cost of living).

Washington and Oregon are on a clear path to California style tyranny....

I checked it out with this in mind, and S. Dakota seems to be the easiest to declare residency in - if you are retired. You don't have to actually live there permanently and they only have a sales tax. You should go there once and get a state ID (like a drivers license) and while there setup a mailing address.

There is currently no BGC on private sales, etc.:

Gun laws in South Dakota - Wikipedia

But you can't continue to work here and declare residency in another state unless you actually live there (there are a lot of people who live in Vancouver and work in Portland, but they pay Oregon income taxes).

If you are not working here, then it is possible to declare residency in another state and have a part time residency here. My parents did that after they retired - a lot of people do that. To stay strictly legal though, you have to spend more time out of Oregon (or WA) than you do inside the state. My father was very strict about that - not coming back to Oregon from Nevada/Arizona until he had spent 6 months and a day out of state.

My plan is to do something like that when I retire - I may come back periodically (my parents sometimes came back for XMas/Thanksgiving) but spend the winter out of state (hunting in the SW, traveling overseas, etc.) and then coming back to "visit" in the spring, summer and early fall.

That is why I was kind of hoping that Clinton would lose - I was thinking that if she was able she would get a national BGC law passed and then it would be impossible to "sell" guns without them going into a de-facto registration system or to sell them out of Oregon's system off the books while in S. Dakota.

Idaho is okay - but it has an income tax (not on SSI, but they do on other retirement income from a 401K or IRA).

Nevada now has a BGC law that they just passed.

Wow guys, give Trump a break. He hasn't even gotten the key to executive washroom yet. I don't know what to expect either, but in any regard, Trump in the White House "trumps" :pHillary in the White!

I noticed the doom and gloom stock market sank election night and the rallied to a new high the next day.... it's going to be fine, and if he delivers on half of his promises it will be great!

The market always does that.

I don't like Trump so I am not giving him an inch. I don't trust politicians at all, and one with an ego like his, acting like a clown, not able to speak without rambling nonsense, supported by Putin and ties to the rooskies, no thanks.

We are stuck with him now and I am just crossing my fingers (and toes) that his handlers can keep him under control enough that he doesn't ruin the country any more than it already is.

The market always does that.

I don't like Trump so I am not giving him an inch. I don't trust politicians at all, and one with an ego like his, acting like a clown, not able to speak without rambling nonsense, supported by Putin and ties to the rooskies, no thanks.

We are stuck with him now and I am just crossing my fingers (and toes) that his handlers can keep him under control enough that he doesn't ruin the country any more than it already is.

Like him or hate him, he needs to be held accountable to his promises - same goes for the Republican congress. If they have learned nothing from the past, they will make the same mistakes, and in 2 years, congress will flip D again, with a possible D win in the White House in 4 years. All that remains to be seen - we'll either be disappointed or pleasantly surprised - I'm hoping for the latter, but not holding my breath.

I checked it out with this in mind, and S. Dakota seems to be the easiest to declare residency in - if you are retired. You don't have to actually live there permanently and they only have a sales tax. You should go there once and get a state ID (like a drivers license) and while there setup a mailing address.

There is currently no BGC on private sales, etc.:

Gun laws in South Dakota - Wikipedia

But you can't continue to work here and declare residency in another state unless you actually live there (there are a lot of people who live in Vancouver and work in Portland, but they pay Oregon income taxes).

If you are not working here, then it is possible to declare residency in another state and have a part time residency here. My parents did that after they retired - a lot of people do that. To stay strictly legal though, you have to spend more time out of Oregon (or WA) than you do inside the state. My father was very strict about that - not coming back to Oregon from Nevada/Arizona until he had spent 6 months and a day out of state.

My plan is to do something like that when I retire - I may come back periodically (my parents sometimes came back for XMas/Thanksgiving) but spend the winter out of state (hunting in the SW, traveling overseas, etc.) and then coming back to "visit" in the spring, summer and early fall.

That is why I was kind of hoping that Clinton would lose - I was thinking that if she was able she would get a national BGC law passed and then it would be impossible to "sell" guns without them going into a de-facto registration system or to sell them out of Oregon's system off the books while in S. Dakota.

Idaho is okay - but it has an income tax (not on SSI, but they do on other retirement income from a 401K or IRA).

Nevada now has a BGC law that they just passed.

This...is actually a great idea! Thanks! I've heard SD is popular with a lot of RV lifestyle people for this purpose. It's still a few years out for me as far as what I planned so I'll have to keep researching and looking. Visited Alaska recently and completely wrote it off as a place to move to. Nice to visit, but terrible for me otherwise.

Edited to add: ....and dang, I didn't realize Nevada just passed more gun laws as well...Idaho is looking more enticing. Florida is still OK for now but it's only a matter of time before they start to turn into the nanny state as well.

Last Edited:
Obama is right now, today, putting together an executive order to re-define what a firearms dealer is. Basically, anyone who sells a firearm would be a dealer, and subject to laws that dealers must follow. Seems to me, this executive order would be the kind of thing Trump would try to stop. We'll see what happens.

Remember, if it is an executive order, the next president has full right and authority to tear it up on the first day in office and Trump has already stated he would do exactly that many times.

Due to his many statements on this and his support for and by the NRA, I don't think we got a lot to worry about from any lame duck obumer executive orders.

I know, it is Trump but this was his platform he ran on so lets give him the benefit of the doubt and consider this stuff [Trump tearing up obumer executive orders] "WILL HAPPEN" and start the Debbie downer routine if he reneges on this promise.

I know some of you are not exactly enthusiastic Trump believers, fine of you got to start bubbleguming already, go for it. I am, for now, going to be an enthusiastic believer that what needs to happen will happen.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top