JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree and is precisely why I laid it out.

Roger that.

Since NWFA has strict rules on politico stuff, I'll just say that if anyone thinks their vote would be better elsewhere or even absent then THEY are part of the problem and they have nobody to blame but themselves when we have nothing more than butter knives for SD.

Yep. Throwing in the towel is what "they" want.

@titsonritz the three options you listed shouldn't be an option for ANY 2A supporter.
You're looking at voting like a zero sum game, and you're looking at every position on the ballot as equally important (I think winning legislature seats is FAR more important than the Presidency). I think that's an error that we're seeing play out in real time right now with Trump.

The fact is that if red flag laws, UBC, or anything else gets passed under Trump, he will have done more against the 2A than Obama did. No amount of mental gymnastics can change that.

If Extreme Risk Protection Orders, or Red Flag Laws, are passed into law, they will be immediately challenged in court. In fact, I'd recommend to any gun owner to have the name of a good constitutional attorney in their hip pocket just in case. The question is whether or not they will hold up under scrutiny at the Supreme Court because Red Flag laws bring not just the 2nd Amendment into play, but the 4th and 5th Amendments as well. Politicians, of both parties, will continue to incrementally move the law in the direction of the complete abolition of the sale of firearms to civilians. They will never be pulled back or repealed in our lifetime. We either fight them legally in court, or let them run over us. I prefer not to be a speed bump but the Hoover Dam to block these emotional, poorly-educated morons lucky enough to be elected.

You're looking at voting like a zero sum game, and you're looking at every position on the ballot as equally important (I think winning legislature seats is FAR more important than the Presidency). I think that's an error that we're seeing play out in real time right now with Trump.

The fact is that if red flag laws, UBC, or anything else gets passed under Trump, he will have done more against the 2A than Obama did. No amount of mental gymnastics can change that.

Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

Posting this yet again.... lets play the numbers here. Even though HRC won the "national popular vote" there were still quite a significant number of voters who did not vote.
Turnout is very important here.
If more 2A voters voted, even in States where its always anti-2A due to demographics then perhaps the National Popular Vote would go the other way.. and depending on how the "National popular vote to bypass electoral college" goes, perhaps these same States would shoot their foot off if a 2A candidate won the national popular vote 66903777_990850890693_711303337915449344_n.jpg

Posting this yet again.... lets play the numbers here. Even though HRC won the "national popular vote" there were still quite a significant number of voters who did not vote.
Turnout is very important here.
If more 2A voters voted, even in States where its always anti-2A due to demographics then perhaps the National Popular Vote would go the other way.. and depending on how the "National popular vote to bypass electoral college" goes, perhaps these same States would shoot their foot off if a 2A candidate won the national popular voteView attachment 606444

Mic drop.

Primary front-runner Joe Biden went so far Monday as to say he's coming for those guns.

The former vice president, in a CNN interview, said that a Biden administration would push for a "national buyback program" to get such firearms "off the street."

Asked what he'd say to gun owners worried that Biden would be coming for their guns, he quickly answered: "Bingo! You're right, if you have an assault weapon."

"The fact of the matter is [assault weapons] should be illegal. Period," Biden said. "The Second Amendment doesn't say you can't restrict the kinds of weapons people can own. You can't buy a bazooka. You can't have a flame-thrower."

Biden has long supported bans on assault weapons and firearms with high-capacity magazines, as well as universal background checks for gun purchases. As a senator from Delaware, Biden had a large role in crafting the 1994 assault-weapons ban.

As part of his wide-ranging plan, Buttigieg is calling for a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Buttigieg – a Naval Reserve veteran who served in the Afghanistan war – emphasized that "weapons like the one I carried in Afghanistan have no place on our streets or in our schools."

"The same is true for high-capacity magazines, some of which can hold up to 100 rounds of ammunition and significantly increase a shooter's ability to injure and kill large numbers of people quickly without needing to reload," he added.

Even before the weekend's shootings, curbing gun violence was a central tenet in New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker's campaign -- he's calling for the federal licensing of all gun owners -- and Sen. Kamala Harris of California repeatedly vowed if elected to take action on the issue in the first 100 days of her administration.

Tackling gun violence has become a top policy for Democratic congressional and presidential candidates.

Gun violence was the second most pressing issue facing the country, according to a Fox News poll conducted in May. Seventy-one percent of registered voters said gun violence is a major problem that needed attention from the government, trailing only the opioid addiction epidemic.

"Beto O'Rourke has come out for "mandatory buybacks" of firearms.
Apparently, that is the euphemism we are meant to use now: "mandatory buybacks."

"I am also not sold on my friend David French's "red flag law" argument. I do not think that we can or should suspend the constitutional rights of people who have not arrested and have not been charged with any crime, much less convicted of one. "

"If we are to have the rule of law, then we must maintain the rule of law and be ruled by it — even when we are terrified, frustrated, or mourning. We should not allow ourselves to be buffaloed into giving up the Bill of Rights. "

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top