JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If he really wants to impress me he could start by undoing the last three years worth of incremental infringements and throw in HPA as a bonus. Then we can talk about GCA and NFA. Sorry, he doesn't get a high-five for simply not making it as bad as it could have been.

Oh, definitely way more. Don't misunderstand, I'm not a Trump hater. Just wish that a guy who campaigned on being such a friend to 2A would have not allowed/inflicted so many little cuts. I like a lot of the things he's done, but performance in the 2A arena certainly isn't one of them. Certainly way better than the alternative candidate though.

Before this thread goes down the political rabbit hole, can we stay on topic, please?

UMMMMMMMo_O? What? The BIG loser barry satorro AKA barack hussein obama had 24 under his disastrous 8 year reign of terror and misery. Trump has 4.....SSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. WTF?
The reason for the decline? There's no possibility of passing any significant gun control under this president and senate. They need to regroup and figure out an alternative way to get gun control, and we all know they'll figure something out... Stay tuned for the next great opportunity to infringe on Americans Constitutional Rights...

Food for thought - What infringements would we be looking at right now if killary made it to the WH?

None.

Don't get me wrong, there'd be bills a-plenty. But they wouldn't get past the R senate and, going this road cost them the whole Congress back in the 90's...so I'd assume the same would happen again.

Can't really infringe on rights if no bill makes it to the Oval Office.

But, it's also not a bet I'm willing to make, so...

The fellow who repeatedly referenced to himself as, quote, "a big Second Amendment guy" isn't going to aggressively pursue more infringements of our rights. Good news, but how about passing HPA, instituting national reciprocity, and repealing the damn Hughes amendment? That would be more yuge news. :rolleyes:

My guess is that he's keeping fairly quiet for now because he knows that there is an election "right around the corner". And they all gamble (D's and R's) that the American people have short memories.

If "push comes to shove" there is always the Executive Order route..... :oops:

If he really wants to impress me he could start by undoing the last three years worth of incremental infringements and throw in HPA as a bonus. Then we can talk about GCA and NFA. Sorry, he doesn't get a high-five for simply not making it as bad as it could have been.

On the federal level, the only one I can think of is bump stocks. While I dislike bumpstocks, and think they are a stupid gimmick, I vehemently disagree with the banning of them by selective interpretation of existing laws.

What other "incremental infringements" am I forgetting?

On the federal level, the only one I can think of is bump stocks. While I dislike bumpstocks, and think they are a stupid gimmick, I vehemently disagree with the banning of them by selective interpretation of existing laws.

What other "incremental infringements" am I forgetting?

Some less than pro-2A moves would include:
  • No effort to pass reciprocity.
  • Not so much of a mention, let alone effort, to deregulate silencers.
  • Instituted a bumpstock ban via regulatory means that has the same draconian penalties of being popped with an unregistered machine-gun.
  • Concerning a red flag law, Trump stated, quote, "take the firearms first then go to court", while flanked by a giddy Senator Feinstein.
  • He twice stated he "didn't like" silencers and would "think about" banning them.
It is encouraging that the administration is backing off new restrictions, but the track record thus far is less than stellar.

Some less than pro-2A moves would include:
  • No effort to pass reciprocity.
  • Not so much of a mention, let alone effort, to deregulate silencers.
  • Instituted a bumpstock ban via regulatory means that has the same draconian penalties of being popped with an unregistered machine-gun.
  • Concerning a red flag law, Trump stated, quote, "take the firearms first then go to court", while flanked by a giddy Senator Feinstein.
  • He twice stated he "didn't like" silencers and would "think about" banning them.
It is encouraging that the administration is backing off new restrictions, but the track record thus far is less than stellar.

Inaction and words isn't quite infringement. Like I said, the bumpstock ban is the only actual thing I can think of. And while banning something by playing fast and loose with bureaucratic regulations is no small thing, he made it sound like there were more.

Just wondering what I missed.

Roger and agreed with that. There is just a huge disconnect between the campaign-era rhetoric and what has gone on post-election. Not that I bought it then, because I didn't.

trump.jpg
Next time you want to say that voting doesn't matter or bash Trump about gun control, think about this:

"According to a running count provided at Wikipedia, as of Oct. 24, the Senate had confirmed 157 Article III judges. This includes two associate Supreme Court justices, 43 U.S Court of Appeals judges, 110 more judges to the U.S. District Courts and two judges to the U.S. Court of International Trade.

One of the key reasons bringing many people to the polls in November 2016 was Trump's promise to bring some balance to the federal courts. His two Supreme Court appointments—Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh—left liberals seething. Gun owners especially did not want Hillary Rodham Clinton making appointments to the courts because she made it clear during the campaign that she felt the high court was "wrong" in its 2008 Heller ruling.

If the president wins a second term next year, he could be able to fill another vacancy on the Supreme Court, should one open up. Another pro-rights associate justice on the high court could cement the Second Amendment safely for decades."

When gun owners don't vote, they elect Democrats!

My guess is that he's keeping fairly quiet for now because he knows that there is an election "right around the corner". And they all gamble (D's and R's) that the American people have short memories.

If "push comes to shove" there is always the Executive Order route..... :oops:

The 2020 election is certainly a factor, but I'm more inclined to think the treatment President Trump is receiving from the Democrats, a la impeachment, has simply provoked his propensity to disagreeableness.

The funny thing is, if the Democrats would play nice, more than likely Trump would slip into negotiation mode and give them at least some of their agenda items.

It would seem that going full bat poo crazy has put a halt on incrementally transforming our society, at least for now. Will it pay off in the end?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top