JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The traffic division is back, but still very limited as far as I know. They have spent many thousands of dollars, all over town, on little solar powered speed detecting signs that hang high on poles with the speed limit, and a light sign that tells you your speed. IF, you are exceeding the limit it flashes. If, you exceeding the speed limit by over 5mph it flashes "SLOW DOWN". There has also been automated cameras that will flash, take picture and then they'll send the ticket in the mail. We're a high tech town here, I'll tell ya' what! I'll mention too, that a large number of the pot-holes that were fixed 2-3 months ago have opened up again. So we got that going for us. o_O
The ones I'm seeing around town and in Albany, and other places so far; will flash "SLOW DOWN" even if you're 1mph over :rolleyes:

The ones I'm seeing around town and in Albany, and other places so far; will flash "SLOW DOWN" even if you're 1mph over :rolleyes:
I feel myself needing to up my speed to make it flash when ever I see those dumb things! When it's safe of course. Especially considering that most times the speed to make it flash is the speed that was deemed safe up until 3 years or so ago.

There is a special place in hell for those going the speed limit in the left lane with no one in front of them.
Double time if you get on a freeway and go immediately to the left lane then go the speed limit 👹👿😈

Exactly

cum.jpg

Those are both unlistenable.
Y'know, we all go through phases in our lives. There was a time, as a teenage lad, where the sound system in the car was more important than if the car ran. Do my musical tastes still tend in the same direction as then? Not so much, but I can look back and appreciate the song, sentiment, and time in my life where those were more my style. Then again, I also have an appreciation for Arlo Guthrie, Bob Dylan, Metallica, Johnny Cash, A Tribe Called Quest, Phil Collins, Gary Newman, and dozens of other bands and musicians. I can see where some of my selections may not fit into everyone's individual preferences. Unlistenable seems a bit harsh though, but to each their own.

I feel myself needing to up my speed to make it flash when ever I see those dumb things! When it's safe of course. Especially considering that most times the speed to make it flash is the speed that was deemed safe up until 3 years or so ago.
I used to pin the throttle on my ZX10R when I saw one of those to see if it could keep up. I had one of those mobile units read 07 once. I wasn't going 7mph.

I still don't understand how I lived though my 20's.

I used to pin the throttle on my ZX10R when I saw one of those to see if it could keep up. I had one of those mobile units read 07 once. I wasn't going 7mph.

I still don't understand how I lived though my 20's.
When I rode a 1200 Bandit one of my friends was complaining about riding on I-5. I told him he wasn't riding it right. You need to ride fast enough so that the cage drivers are startled enough with you pass them that they put down their foo foo coffee but not so fast they dial 911.

Yeah, slow pokes in the left; whatchagonna do?
But, reading some of this thread made me want to listen to International Harvester. -- particularly the mile under section for 30 miles - love it ;)

For the love of all that is good and Holy, the left lane is for passing.

Feel like taking your sweet time, go camp in the right lane people.

I feel better now...rant over.

Wish WSP would start enforcing it.
When I'm in the left lane I always try to drive at least 10 MPH under the speed limit so as not to hold up traffic. I go the extra step of leaving a turn signal on to show solidarity with my fellow safe drivers. It's really awesome how they honk their horns to show how much they appreciate that gesture! You can feel the love!

When I'm in the left lane I always try to drive at least 10 MPH under the speed limit so as not to hold up traffic. I go the extra step of leaving a turn signal on to show solidarity with my fellow safe drivers. It's really awesome how they honk their horns to show how much they appreciate that gesture! You can feel the love!

No points.jpg

So Just my Personal Opinion.

But I have spent some considerable time driving in the three Pacific Coast States: Oregon, Washington and Kalifornistan.

In my Humble Opinion, the Best Drivers in general, are in Oregon.

Number 2 is Kalifornistan. And

Number Three is Washington.

Can you say "Stopping on the Freeway OnRamp to wait for an opening in Traffic" ?? o_O

So Just my Personal Opinion.

But I have spent some considerable time driving in the three Pacific Coast States: Oregon, Washington and Kalifornistan.

In my Humble Opinion, the Best Drivers in general, are in Oregon.

Number 2 is Kalifornistan. And

Number Three is Washington.

Can you say "Stopping on the Freeway OnRamp to wait for an opening in Traffic" ?? o_O
Every time there are people in your so called Kalifornistan asking me how's OR? I always say "It's Terrible!" .. and they always follow-up, I heard its better in WA. I always says "Yes.. That's a place where you want to go." :s0115:

I grew up in Torrance, CA. in the late 70's-80's when it was still paradise! After that all of a sudden people changed for the worst. They will shove their car 1 inch on a 4-way traffic just to get ahead while they dont mind all sitting in a traffic jam for 2 hours as long as made their statement. I couldn't stand the culture so I left. After years of forking themselves, Now they're back with a BiG Back Pack. I thought I'd send then somewhere else.. :s0140:

1715314405777.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR