JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess we (or I) will just have to agree to disagree. There's about twenty-five states on that map above that should be avoided by your logic. But that's a good thing, that you can ascribe to your logic and me to mine. Take for instance my decision to ride motorcycles and once upon a time, ride them on road racing tracks. I accepted and accept that risk as reasonable for me and don't make a big deal about it even though almost every non-rider I have ever met has tried to convince me how dangerous it is.

I do, however believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know way more about guns than me and that's why I will continue to respect your opinion and others on this forum. Photo from circa 2012...in Oklahoma!

Not a problem.

Tho as a final word, I still think you misunderstand or misrepresent where I am coming from... I never said don't move to any of those states... I only said to be aware of risks as is prudent. Just like you riding your cycle, you were aware of what you were taking on... I was saying the same thing. So I think we actually agree. :)

Interesting way to approach DV in the state considering their rank in DV deaths...not saying I agree or disagree w/ these types of laws-just seems like a non-plan type of response to placate to a particular group while ignoring the underlying issue.
Here
and here

Not a problem.

Tho as a final word, I still think you misunderstand or misrepresent where I am coming from... I never said don't move to any of those states... I only said to be aware of risks as is prudent. Just like you riding your cycle, you were aware of what you were taking on... I was saying the same thing. So I think we actually agree. :)
I understand you better...be prepared for trouble or aware of risks, but if you accept the risks then good to go. Can you tell I have cabin fever and have had way too much time on my hands? Fortunately I was able to go back to work this week. Hopefully my mind will settle down...

There has been a correction. The bill passed the legislature but has not been signed into law yet.

This kind of rights supporting thinking has me considering Oklahoma as a possible home for the first time ever. Still don't think I would do it, but certainly the first time I've wondered what real estate prices are like there.
I would have thought Michigan sucked too from all the nagative press but since I have been there about 5 times over the last 5 yrs to visit my son, Im getting to like it. No matter where even in the sticks far from any decent town, I type in gun range and search an area, there are usually at least 3 gun ranges within a 10 minute drive. Seems Detroit is one thing and the rural areas are quite another with 2A being a pretty big deal there. So when wife decided she might like to move there after she retires soon, I said yes.

And as my son would say, hay, we voted for trump as an entire state last time... wohoo :p

There has been a correction. The bill passed the legislature but has not been signed into law yet.

This kind of rights supporting thinking has me considering Oklahoma as a possible home for the first time ever. Still don't think I would do it, but certainly the first time I've wondered what real estate prices are like there.

S. Dakota

The home I own in Oklahoma is currently valued at 150k and it sits on 5 acres. The same size house and acreage in the valley would cost about 350 to 400k

Real estate is substantially cheaper in Oklahoma for the most part unless you feel the urge to live in the really affluent parts of OKC or Tulsa.

I have friends that have lived in Virginia for many years. They have a small acreage and even shoot on their own property. But the state has gone to the D(og)s and is now a terrible place to live politically for gun owners.

They are from Oregon and Cali but won't consider those... they considered moving back to Alaska but don't want the cold. NC also has good real estate pricing but the politics have changed for the worse. The interior states, away from the East and West coastlines, all have good real estate pricing AFAIK. They are considering Idaho, or Alabama... how long before Idaho turns blue???

They are from Oregon and Cali but won't consider those... they considered moving back to Alaska but don't want the cold. NC also has good real estate pricing but the politics have changed for the worse. The interior states, away from the East and West coastlines, all have good real estate pricing AFAIK. They are considering Idaho, or Alabama... how long before Idaho turns blue???

Before I came up here for work, I was offered a job at triple my current salary in the Bay Area. I told the recruiter that I would rather eat black eyed peas and hot water cornbread in Arkansas than live in California for any period of time. There is a large list of states I simply refuse to even visit based on their nanny state rules.

Last Edited:
Before I came up here for work, I was offered a job at triple my current salary in the Bay Area. I told the recruiter that I would rather eat black eyed peas and hot water cornbread in Arkansas than live in California for any period of time. There is a large of states I simply refuse to even visit based on their nanny state rules.

Me too. I was stationed in Oakland as well as at the SF airport... my last duty station was San Diego... I have family in Santa Maria, and Pismo Beach... I will NOT visit under any circumstances. That I how badly I feel about their state.

My kids in Arkansas... I love it there. Didn't think I would when I visited. Not enough shooting ranges near Bentonville tho. But I also was stationed in North Carolina, and just love the people of the South in general. Very few are like the stereotype of azzhat redneck... most are warm, down to earth, and generous. I've always said to the detractors and bigots that I'd rather drink beer or lemonade on the porch with rednecks and smelly dogs than sip wine with my little finger up in the air with snoots from ... well, I better not say because people from those areas get defensive. ;)

BTW, I've also always said that I would rather take less pay than live in Portland. I could have made a lot more money, but I would have spent it traveling out from Portland for things that I like to do in the outdoors. They do have good sushi there tho...

Oklahoma fun facts (unverified)
**Some Fun Oklahoma History!**

1. Oklahoma produced more astronauts than any other state.
2. The first Girl Scout Cookie was sold in Muskogee in 1917.
3. The nation's first parking meter was installed in Oklahoma City in 1935.
4. The shopping cart was invented in Ardmore in 1936.
5. During the 'Land Rush', Oklahoma City went from a vast, open prairie to a city of over 10,000 in a single day.
6. The Oklahoma State Capital is the only capital in the U.S. with working oil wells on its grounds.
7. Boise City, OK was the only city in the United States to be bombed during World War II. On Monday night, July 5,1943, at 12:30 am, a B-17 Bomber based at Dalhart Army Air Base, Texas,
dropped six practice bombs on the sleeping town, mistaking the city lights as target lights.
8. WKY Radio in Oklahoma City was the first radio station transmitting west of the Mississippi River.
9. The nation's first 'Tornado Warning' was issued on March 25,1948 in Oklahoma City minutes before a devastating tornado. Because of the warning, no lives were lost.
10. Oklahoma has the largest Native American population of any state in the U.S. It also has 234 different Indian Tribes.
11. The name 'Oklahoma' comes from two Choctaw words... Okla. meaning 'people' and humma meaning 'red'. So the name means, 'Red People.' The name was approved in 1890.
12. The bread twist tie was invented in Maysville, OK.
13. Oklahoma has more man-made lakes than any other state.
14. Cimarron County, located in the Oklahoma Panhandle, is the only county in the U.S. bordered by four separate states: TX, NM, CO & KS.
15. The nation's first traffic 'Yield' sign was erected in Tulsa on a trial basis.
16. Pensacola Dam is the longest multi-arched dam in the world at 6,565 feet.
17. The 'Port of Catoosa' (just north of Tulsa) is the largest inland port in America.
18. The aerosol can was invented in Bartlesville.
19. Per square mile, Oklahoma has more tornadoes than any other place in the world.
20. The highest wind speed ever recorded on earth was in Moore, OK on May 3rd,1999 during the Oklahoma City F-5 tornado. Wind speed was clocked at 318 mph.
21. The Will Rogers World Airport and the Wiley Post Airport are both named after two famous Oklahomans-- both killed in an airplane crash together.
22. Cushing, OK is the "Pipeline Crossroads of the World" and has the world's largest storage of oil.
23. The song "Oklahoma" from the Broadway play of the same name is now the official state song.
24. Oklahoma is the only State to have its capital stolen and moved in the middle of the night from Guthrie to Oklahoma City.
25. Guthrie has an original Carnegie Library and the Largest Masonic Temple in the World!
26. Watonga, OK has more rattle snakes than people.

Why Travel To Other States? Oklahoma has other US cities too!
Cleveland, Oklahoma
Delaware, Oklahoma
Kansas, Oklahoma
Orlando, Oklahoma
Miami, Oklahoma
Pensacola, Oklahoma
Pittsburgh, Oklahoma
Santa Fe, Oklahoma
St. Louis, Oklahoma
Chattanooga, Oklahoma
Peoria, Oklahoma
Burbank, Oklahoma