JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Best part of these necro threads is seeing a few names pop up that haven't been seen in awhile. Makes me wonder what happened to them
Yes, that's always interesting. I also like them as a "time capsule". I'll go back and reread the thread, looking for my post to see if my thoughts or habits changed since then. I also find it funny when a gun I mention in a nice manner is no longer in my possession. :D

I'll go back now and see what was up.

Quit pickin' on the newbies. :D

Honestly it's probably an innocent mistake. And we do encourage people to look for an existing thread before blindly starting a duplicate.
I dunno, it's a decent topic.

I still use that Maverick 88 for a truck gun, but have occasionally used the old Winchester 1894 when I've had a valid tag.

Picked up an ATI Nomad, and was thinking about using it for this. Folds in half, doesn't take up much space, packs a punch, and is dirt cheap - I got it for ~$150 new in box. However, I need to work out a secure storage solution for my vehicle before I let it live there.

20220312_100956.jpg 20220312_101103.jpg

If someone created a vault like the under bed drawers but that opened on the end (or to a lesser extent the top) I'd probably get one and run it in the access cab of my truck

Picked up an ATI Nomad, and was thinking about using it for this. Folds in half, doesn't take up much space, packs a punch, and is dirt cheap - I got it for ~$150 new in box. However, I need to work out a secure storage solution for my vehicle before I let it live there.

View attachment 1152299View attachment 1152300
Give some homeless dude $5 for his worst looking gym duffel bag , the put 2 or 3 or these bad boys on top of it.

New-Fit-Flex-Mens-XXL-EN.png

Nobody's stealing that bag.

Ram - Ford - Chevy have space for a locked case in their consoles $199 to $299 depending on year and model. Fit a handgun but not a truck gun even a folding model. Don't know whether a a large flathead screwdriver could get in to them or not. But they don't seem particularly robust. That said, if my Ram model didn't take the $299 model I would most likely get one. Until then cable and handgun safe are my go to.

I love any justification to buy another gun and have recently put thought into a "truck gun". Sounds neat, having access to a rifle caliber carbine just in case you needed to run out and get it. But what is the reality of anyone ever actually deploying one? Lots of real world examples of people every year using on body handguns in many different situations but I don't personally recall seeing any stories that involved a rifle retrieved from a vehicle even though I could imagine a couple possibilities.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews