JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Behind the seats in a Willys jeep the bed is 36" wide and where any back seat grand daughters feet would be. Even trying to haul one of my rifle boxes 48 and 52" long requires the box sit up on the Wheel Houses in complete view SO again the one rifle I have figured out how to carry around in my Willys Jeep is a trapper length Winchester model 1894. And its going in a compartment built into the ceiling of the hard top I will be building.

I tend to keep a lot of stuff in my transpo for that "just in case" thing.
A few of these are...
coffee can and lid. this contains TP and fire starter stuff
I have roll bar bags as well. these have gloves, winch controller, FAK and cold weather items
A slightly more than basic tool bag
and always a day pack with a bunch of stuff, some I might need, some not depending on the issue/activity at hand.

In all of these, there is always at least 100rds 22lr, 100 of 9mm and assorted mags for those items I tend to have with me on frequent basis. sometimes the calibers do change but that goes into the day bag for that trip and it will be more than 1 refill.
I say "at least" as there is almost always 3x that amount.

These all remain in storage items that are always in the vehicle, are unnoticed and have some redundancy. my habit has been to go thru all of these as the season and needs mandate, so it gets rotated and looked at regularly. Always prepared.
...Oh, the TP in the modern plastic coffee can.....been doing that for years, hasn't been moist yet!

I always have my tools on me regardless of distance. I have my vehicle emergency equipment, my bug-out-bag, and I don't conceal carry since I don't have a CHL and I don't have an Oregon driver license; I have my Arizona driver license and that's enough; therefore my Glock 27 and two 13 round backup mags are on my belt whenever I drive anywhere. Along with knife, leatherman, flashlight, mace, and cellphone. I'm not locking my pistol anywhere. It'll always be accessible to me; right on my waist where it has been since 2011.

Long distance drives I do bring one of my AR's with me. Never know what can happen to the world while on the road far from home.

Just for you Ura-ki

View attachment 652592

View attachment 652593

View attachment 652594

View attachment 652595

View attachment 652596

View attachment 652597

12 forward gears and 4 in reverse Rear axle electric locker As you can tell the engine is not even close to stock. Everything and I mean everything has either been rebuilt to better then new replaced with newer or made from scratch including all of the suspension except the springs The steering is what you might find on a 50K Street rod but with a manual box. There are parts sourced from 28+ Jeeps dating from 1946 to 1972. CJ's FC's Wagons DJ's and a Wagoneer.
I been working on this for a total of 10 years spread over 15 years. First time I sat in it I was 5 years old in 1962.

I am thinking depending on my work schedule I should have it on the road end of the summer. Then this coming winter I build the Structured Aluminum Hard Top. Suicide Doors fully insulated the top will be painted Wimbledon White electric door and hatch locks and 3/8" Lexan Windows. Once the top is finished I start on the Off road travel trailer I have designed to go behind it.

That should give you an idea. An Old Jeep its not Its a new jeep that looks old..
Exceptionally cool.
And THANK YOU for not slopping an OD green or camo paint job on it. The classic white over blue scheme is fantastic.

Izzat the original Go Devil 4 cyl? Lots of questions about the trans, x-fer case, and axles but this is probably the wrong place for them.

Screw it this is my thread... The engine while it is a 134L it is not the original it is a MUCH later version. Most people don't know it but while Willys stopped putting the flat head in the CJ's in 1949 they used them in the Dispatch Jeeps, Surreys and Gala's The dispatch jeeps were both right and left hand drive a few even with 4wd. There are known as DJ-3A and used the 134L up into 1965 My engine is from a DJ round about 58-59. It is the last version of the engine with rotating valves and a few other improvements. No idea if Dad or the pervious owner put that engine in it. In either case it would have been before 1965 when it was done.

Transmission is a T-90 with all new gears rebuilt for me by Richard Darr at Washougal Classic Jeeps The 1.25" shaft D-18 transfer case was also built by Richard for me it has a set of very low mile original gears. The rear axle is a bit of a unicorn only found in 70 1/2 to 71 CJ5's and CJ6's it is a Dana 44 30 Spline Flanged I have all new G2 5.38 gears and SKF Bearings as well as an Eaton E Locker and 11" Brakes from a 68 Wagoneer. The front axle is a Dana 25 that has been with the jeep since 1962 when dad bought it so it could very well be original to the Jeep. Still running its original Gears Warn W1 Hubs and all new Timkin bearings and seals also with 11" drum brakes. And to tie it all together Tom Woods competition grade Drive shafts. Saginaw 525 6.25 lock to lock manual steering box NEW.

OK you asked LOL

Exceptionally cool.
And THANK YOU for not slopping an OD green or camo paint job on it. The classic white over blue scheme is fantastic.

Izzat the original Go Devil 4 cyl? Lots of questions about the trans, x-fer case, and axles but this is probably the wrong place for them.
Screw it this is my thread... The engine while it is a 134L it is not the original it is a MUCH later version. Most people don't know it but while Willys stopped putting the flat head in the CJ's in 1949 they used them in the Dispatch Jeeps, Surreys and Gala's The dispatch jeeps were both right and left hand drive a few even with 4wd. There are known as DJ-3A and used the 134L up into 1965 My engine is from a DJ round about 58-59. It is the last version of the engine with rotating valves and a few other improvements. No idea if Dad or the pervious owner put that engine in it. In either case it would have been before 1965 when it was done.

Transmission is a T-90 with all new gears rebuilt for me by Richard Darr at Washougal Classic Jeeps The 1.25" shaft D-18 transfer case was also built by Richard for me it has a set of very low mile original gears. The rear axle is a bit of a unicorn only found in 70 1/2 to 71 CJ5's and CJ6's it is a Dana 44 30 Spline Flanged I have all new G2 5.38 gears and SKF Bearings as well as an Eaton E Locker and 11" Brakes from a 68 Wagoneer. The front axle is a Dana 25 that has been with the jeep since 1962 when dad bought it so it could very well be original to the Jeep. Still running its original Gears Warn W1 Hubs and all new Timkin bearings and seals also with 11" drum brakes. And to tie it all together Tom Woods competition grade Drive shafts. Saginaw 525 6.25 lock to lock manual steering box NEW.

OK you asked LOL
Wow! the specs and the pics linked thru another post.. Wow, incredibly AWESOME Jeep.

I have a ConsoleVault in both my rigs, great piece of kit, my state police neighbor checked out mine than immediately ordered two for his own trucks.
My truck handgun is a Taurus G2C with one in the chamber, 3 loaded extra12 round magazines, all in a custom hard foam slot holders in the bottom of the console vault.
My truck rifle is a breakdown stainless Ruger .22 with red dot scope,. It 's concealed in a rear interior removable quarter panel of my Suburban along with 4- 30 round magazines, 500 rounds of CCI Velocitor ammo, and two box's of 9mm XTP.
My truck's kit bag has a very complete emergency aid kit including two mechancial tourniquets, K-bar knife, parachute cord, two space blankets, and heavy duty flare gun kit.
There is also an inflatable sleeping pad, mummy bag, a case of Costco water bottles, two boxes of protein bars, and two complete changes of clothes and extra boots and sneakers.
So I feel relatively prepared when this retiree drives the 15 miles to the store...lol

I have a ConsoleVault in both my rigs, great piece of kit, my state police neighbor checked out mine than immediately ordered two for his own trucks.
My truck handgun is a Taurus G2C with one in the chamber, 3 loaded extra12 round magazines, all in a custom hard foam slot holders in the bottom of the console vault.
My truck rifle is a breakdown stainless Ruger .22 with red dot scope,. It 's concealed in a rear interior removable quarter panel of my Suburban along with 4- 30 round magazines, 500 rounds of CCI Velocitor ammo, and two box's of 9mm XTP.
My truck's kit bag has a very complete emergency aid kit including two mechancial tourniquets, K-bar knife, parachute cord, two space blankets, and heavy duty flare gun kit.
There is also an inflatable sleeping pad, mummy bag, a case of Costco water bottles, two boxes of protein bars, and two complete changes of clothes and extra boots and sneakers.
So I feel relatively prepared when this retiree drives the 15 miles to the store...lol
Got a picture of the console vault?

We had a '57 Willys Overland with a 235 Chev. It wasn't much good for >65 mph (had overdrive) but would go anywhere.
I used to have a "truck gun" that lived in the pickup. Since then I have changed my mind.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top