JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A stupid question I shouldn't be asking , but. I bought a rifle in Colorado where I am working.The company I work for might fly me back to Oregon for break can I fed ex this gun from me in Colorado, to me in Oregon ?

Who did you buy the rifle from in Colorado and is Oregon your legal residence? If you are a legal Oregon resident and bought a rifle from an individual in Colorado, you could be in deep kaka taking it back to Oregon without shipping it to an FFL here in Oregon where they can do the paperwork! Others feel free to chime in. You might get away with it, but I wouldn't chance it.

When you worked in Colorado, you lived there, unless you made a LONG daily commute.

27 CFR 478.11
Title 27: Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
PART 478—COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
State of residence. The State in which an individual resides. An individual resides in a State if he or she is present in a State with the intention of making a home in that State. If an individual is on active duty as a member of the Armed Forces, the individual's State of residence is the State in which his or her permanent duty station is located. An alien who is legally in the United States shall be considered to be a resident of a State only if the alien is residing in the State and has resided in the State for a period of at least 90 days prior to the date of sale or delivery of a firearm. The following are examples that illustrate this definition:

Example 2. A is a U.S. citizen and maintains a home in State X and a home in State Y. A resides in State X except for weekends or the summer months of the year and in State Y for the weekends or the summer months of the year. During the time that A actually resides in State X, A is a resident of State X, and during the time that A actually resides in State Y, A is a resident of State Y.
--------------------------------------------------
You can also mail or ship a rifle to yourself, as long as no one else opens the package.

You can legally ship to yourself via Fedex or UPS. You do not need to go through an FFL. If you aren't there when it arrives it is suggested that who ever receives it not open the package and let you do it when you arrive.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top