JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I spend my money in places I like and have similar beliefs as me....no target, no Starbucks, no budlight.....if a ffl doesn't wanna sell me a gun I will simply spend my money somewhere else
YUP! đź‘Ť

I find it far simpler than filing a lawsuit every time I'm offended. Though I must admit that, it's sort of "cowardly," not to send a message about an injustice that was done.

Aloha, Mark

Yeah.....for me. It's not like I'll die on that cross. Thankfully there are still plenty of other places/FFLs.

And.....
Thankfully, there are many a brave soul that will stand up for COMMON SENSE and FREEDOM.

BUT, But, but.......
If, you have a bakery.........
Well, YOU better make me a cake.

Aloha, Mark
Now that would be an "interesting" one there I had not thought of. If some FFL refused to sell a gun to someone because of their gender idea's or such? I wonder if those same people would scream and yell and hire a huge law firm to come after the FFL? Or would they tell the aggrieved party to go pound sand? I would lean towards betting they would not lift a finger for them in that case.

YUP! đź‘Ť

I find it far simpler than filing a lawsuit every time I'm offended. Though I must admit that, it's sort of "cowardly," not to send a message about an injustice that was done.

Aloha, Mark
That is one place the net can come in REAL handy. It used to be if some store selling anything was treating customers like crap it was word of mouth that warned others. Now days many a business finds out the hard way that start screwing people and word can spread REAL fast. When it comes to guns that are "newish", I LOVE reading first hand reviews by buyers. When someone has a problem I like being able to see how that follow up went even more. As when someone does the customer right? Makes me FAR more likely to give that gun or that store a try.
I just ordered another gun from Davidson's today over that. Years back Wife bought a gun from them and the shop she had it sent to shafted her out of some money just because they could. She sent off a complaint to Davidson's even though both of us expected at best to get a "gee sorry" response at best. Damned if someone with the last name of the Co did not call her, tell her how sorry he was and arrange a refund of the money the shop had shafted her for. I was totally shocked. A couple weeks later she got a check from Davidson's for the money. Ever since then I have made a point to try to buy from them.

Now that would be an "interesting" one there I had not thought of. If some FFL refused to sell a gun to someone because of their gender idea's or such? I wonder if those same people would scream and yell and hire a huge law firm to come after the FFL? Or would they tell the aggrieved party to go pound sand? I would lean towards betting they would not lift a finger for them in that case.
Well....there is that incident with the ANFITA guy.

Aloha, Mark

It's long.....

Aloha, Mark

PS....even the cake shop incidents (both CO and OR) are still being debated. The SCOTUS sidestepped the BIGGER issues IMHO.
Thanks, now I remember it. So far I have not heard of any of the heavy hitters stepping up to sue for him. Suspect they will not

Once, a friend with limited English reading skills wanted to buy a gun. But he didn't understand how and asked me to help him. I told him I could accompany him to choose a gun but couldn't help him fill out 4473 because that would cause suspicion of straw purchase and not allowed. What I did was print out a copy of the 4473 form so he could understand what would be required and he would translate what he doesn't understand so he practiced filling out the forms. He took my advice and successfully made the purchase without any help.

RE : ANTIFA guy and the Heavy Hitters

To me.....
The bigger point is.....
It usually really doesn't matter much.
Because, it'll still cost the shop to DEFEND.

Besides, the MEDIA seems to thrive on dissention amongst the people.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I'm not against it. More curious. If you can't see well enough to read, why would you want a gun? It's like a blind guy buying a Hustler mag. Why?
Break into his house and grab him by the pecker.. fafo!
Weapons retention/ defense is generally a grapple. You will be shot.

Another option (not that it's necessary) but you could take the gun you purchased from sportsman's under your name and go to a smaller trusted shop and transfer it from you to your wife. Explain the situation to them and I am sure they will treat your much differently than the mega corporation.

It may cost 25-45 extra bucks depending on where you go but it would then be in her name and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

I can still remember that time when a very famous Politician (was it Nancy Pelosi) bought a gun as a "gift" and some people called it a "strawman purchase". Yeah....finding it again via an internet search is difficult. Mind you that was prior to the revision of Form 4473.

BUT, But, but.....some advice from the ATF.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
When our son bought his first gun, I went with him, and looked over his shoulder as he was filling out the forms. When the LGS stopped over I explained that he had no disqualifiers, and I was just making sure he did not check a box he should not. They were happy with that. Why make more work for them. DR

When our son bought his first gun, I went with him, and looked over his shoulder as he was filling out the forms. When the LGS stopped over I explained that he had no disqualifiers, and I was just making sure he did not check a box he should not. They were happy with that. Why make more work for them. DR
"Most" are and would be fine with this. You just have to remember these places are staffed by humans. Many of them really don't know what they are doing. Many are now scared to death of the current admin for good reason. So some of them are going to get even more careful and some will even make up the rules as they go. Ever flown since the TSA? Its a lot like that sadly.

Not suspicious enough for Cabela's to deny a sale, apparently. And as stated, they have a specific procedure for exactly this kind of scenario.

I'm very surprised there are people on this forum who view blind people as ineligible to be armed, even though they won't explicitly say so.
"All things are lawful, but not all things are expedient" 1st Corinthians 10:23-29

That is the definition of a straw purchase and will land you in jail. If you purchase a gun FOR another person (even if they can lawfully buy the gun themselves) you just violated the same law as Hunter Biden, lying on a 4473.

Ask the LAPD officer who bought his dad (legal to own guns) a Kimber because he could get a better deal through the department. There are tons of other examples of this out there (often by cops). Yes, if you purchase a firearm and then decide to gift it to a qualified family member later then this may qualify (not legal advice). Some believe that YOU could purchase the gun with the intent that it is a gift (for a lawful possessor) but this is murky.

Respectfully, some folks here don't have any insight as to the issues larger stores like Sportsmans and the big C have to go through with some customers. They get frequent straw purchase attempts. What one store does can effect the entire company. They get the people who LGS's won't sell to. They get good gun buyers and lots of folks who are not "gun people" or think they can slip through the cracks of gun buying. Then they get bashed because the won't do a 3 day release. I hear the stories from someone who works at a large store.
In Oregon you can gift your spouse or your kids a firearm without doing bgc. LAPD is part of California and so their rules are different.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top