JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know the left won't hear of it but I believe kids should be taught basic firearm safety in school. I was taught basic firearm safety in summer school, then were each given a single shot 22 caliber rifle and road on a school bus to the national guard armory. Not sure if the national guard still has indoor shooting ranges now or not. We shot the rifle in the prone position. The instructor kept all of the ammo and we were given 5 or 10 rounds at time and would fire at the targets. This was in California in 1975.

It wasn't just the gun that killed this unfortunate girl, it was a combination of ignorance, stupidity and carelessness brought about by what must have been a complete absence of any kind of correct gun handling.

tac

It wasn't just the gun that killed this unfortunate girl, it was a combination of ignorance, stupidity and carelessness brought about by what must have been a complete absence of any kind of correct gun handling.
Yep - My sentiments exactly - Unfortunately it has been my observation gun safety has not followed the increased interest in guns and shooting over the last 20 years or so.

Yep - I can't agree more - many years ago I was kind of getting to know a new co worker and was at his house and of course we were discussing guns and he brought out a few of his to show me, he handed me a .38 snub to which I IMMEDIATELY opened and saw it loaded and ejected the rounds - his first words were 'You are now a shooting friend of mine' - he admitted handing it to me loaded and watching my actions carefully....
I like your story, but I can't help but thinking your co-worker was taking a real big risk. I mean, sure, that test will make him new gun friends right up till the moment it doesn't.

I like your story, but I can't help but thinking your co-worker was taking a real big risk.
Not with me he wasn't - and he knew that and so did I - we both aren't 'city boys' who are unfamiliar with guns and the proper handling and he was just 'testing the waters' - And I had no problem with it.

Yep - I can't agree more - many years ago I was kind of getting to know a new co worker and was at his house and of course we were discussing guns and he brought out a few of his to show me, he handed me a .38 snub to which I IMMEDIATELY opened and saw it loaded and ejected the rounds - his first words were 'You are now a shooting friend of mine' - he admitted handing it to me loaded and watching my actions carefully....

I know you did the right thing and opened the cylinder, but the guy should have told you he was handing you a loaded firearm. Never assume anything with a firearm IMHO.

Wow that is tragic. The girlfriends dad gives the kid a pistol as a gift and then looses his daughter to the same pistol?

I'm guessing it will take some time to get over this for all parties involved.
They will never get over this it will destroy these two family's

And the more I think about it, the dad that handed the gun to a "kid" is the one that was negligent. Especially if he didn't know if the 18 year old had proper safety training. Which obviously he did not.

The loss of a child will destroy almost any family no matter how they died but this will destroy two family's I know I have lost a child to illness but the stress of the situation destroy 's every thing this is awful I can't imagine how that dad feels now

Kid can graduate High school but can't NOT point a freaking firearm at a person, loaded or not? Good job. Hope you have nightmares of her laying there for the rest of your life ya dumbass, because believe me, those images Stick! And no this does not qualify as accidental. This was 100% avoidable! Maybe another case of the mysterious invisible trigger gremlins reaching from behind and pulling the trigger. These cases as you can tell really get me heated!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top