JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is really sad... I think its really important that people be taught the 4 basic gun safety rules prior to handling a gun. I hope the guy will learn to forgive himself.

4rules.jpg

Wow that is tragic. The girlfriends dad gives the kid a pistol as a gift and then looses his daughter to the same pistol?

I'm guessing it will take some time to get over this for all parties involved.

What part of " always treat a gun like it's loaded " is hard to understand ?
Yep - I can't agree more - many years ago I was kind of getting to know a new co worker and was at his house and of course we were discussing guns and he brought out a few of his to show me, he handed me a .38 snub to which I IMMEDIATELY opened and saw it loaded and ejected the rounds - his first words were 'You are now a shooting friend of mine' - he admitted handing it to me loaded and watching my actions carefully....

What kind of fool "gifts" a loaded gun?
What kind of fool doesn't check for clear a gun that is given to him?

The kind of fools that have tragic "accidents":mad:

Last Edited:
What kind of fool "gifts" a loaded gun?
What kind of fool doesn't check for clear a gun that is given to him?

The kind of fool that has tragic "accidents":mad:

Actually, the article is very vague... it doesn't say that he was handed a loaded weapon... it just says he was admiring a handgun that he was given. Could have been days later, he could have loaded it himself, he could have taken it down off the shelf to fondle the next day... the article it not nearly detailed nor specific enough.

Yep - I can't agree more - many years ago I was kind of getting to know a new co worker and was at his house and of course we were discussing guns and he brought out a few of his to show me, he handed me a .38 snub to which I IMMEDIATELY opened and saw it loaded and ejected the rounds - his first words were 'You are now a shooting friend of mine' - he admitted handing it to me loaded and watching my actions carefully....

Good thing he didn't drop a bar of soap.... ;)

Same thing happened to me except my friend brings out his Moss burg 88 12 GA in a case I open it up and pick up the gun pump it and a round fly's out and he says oh I forgot it was loaded lol even at the gun shop after I watch the sales person check the gun and hand it too me I still check it again it's a good habit lol my only good habit

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top