JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I am suppose to toss 8+ years of college and years of experience and seniority
on the job, a wonderful home, uproot the kids and start all over just because I don't agree with people all the time?
How about MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmno.

15 years or so ago that would have been my answer.
Now my wife and I are retired.
We moved solely to get away from the Seattle madness.
We didn't even move out of the state.
Just went to an area where there are farms and ranches and people are actually people.
We are very happy here. Nice people, slower pace of life.
Would I ever consider leaving the state just because some of the folks tick me off?
No. There are too many alternatives to that that don't disrupt our lives and
financial situation to the extremes.

That's a personal decision for everybody..........pro's or con's.

I would go to Montana. Nevada, Arizona are wat too close to California and Utah has been known for building guns for a long time. Vector firearms and several others.
In 1996 my cousin in Libby said Fornicans will travel through in summer, love it, move there, jacking up real estate values by three times. Go thru a -60 winter...sell it to the next Fornican, and move somewhere else to f...k it up. There's no end to them...

I don't know a whole lot of Californians but every one I know that still lives there is actively working to relocate. Some are decent folk stuck behind enemy lines, some are part of the problem.

Stay and fight.
That said, I'm tired of playing defense.
Offense would be electing right minded citizens to office, be it local, state or federal.

California gun owners use to say "stay and fight" all the time. All they did was continue to lose ground. Now more and more have left California or are planning on leaving, even some of the former stay and fighters.

You can't elect "right minded citizens" if the other side has more votes, and is gaining more voters by migration from California daily. Look at how many California license plates you see while driving. And they also have more money.

Michael Bloomberg donates $250K to Kate Brown campaign
Sept. 13, 2016

Michael Bloomberg's $250,000 donation to the campaign on Oregon Gov. Kate Brown marks the largest single contribution she has received in recent years. The donation comes after Brown, a Democrat, publicly announced support for three pieces of gun control legislation, including a ban of high-capacity ammunition magazines, which the Legislature will consider in 2017. Bloomberg has a history of donating to candidates who support gun control.

Kate Brown's re-election campaign gets $250,000 from gun control group
Sept. 24, 2018

Gov. Kate Brown has accepted a $250,000 campaign donation from the gun control group Everytown for Gun Safety, according to state records.

The organization is funded by billionaire Michael Bloomberg, who personally cut a campaign check for $250,000 to Brown two years ago when she was running for election.

Last Edited:
How would the states like Montana, Utah, Arizona, Nevada? Be for moving to?

Best States for Gun Owners (2018)
Best States for Gun Owners (2018) - Guns and Ammo

1. Arizona
  2. Idaho
  3. Alaska
  4. Kansas
  5. Wyoming
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Utah
  8. Montana
  9. Texas
  10. Georgia
Oregon is #33 and Washington is #38 on that list. Both are likely to be even lower next year. California is #46.

Another list:

Standing by the Second Amendment: The Best States for Gun Owners
Standing by the Second Amendment: The Best States for Gun Owners

1. Arizona
  2. Kansas
  3. Missouri
  4. Alaska
  5. Wyoming
  6. Georgia
  7. Montana
  8. Mississippi

While both lists have Arizona #1 Arizona's close proximity to California might be cause for concern for the future. It seems all of the states bordering California are at risk for Californication.

Oregon is #33 and Washington is #38 on that list. Both are likely to be even lower next year. California is #46.
Another list:
While both lists have Arizona #1 Arizona's close proximity to California might be cause for concern for the future. It seems all of the states bordering California are at risk for Californication.

All true, and if Trump loses and we have a Dem Congress and POTUS, it wont matter where one moves.
Life is too short as it is to run until there is no more running. I for one will not move from my home.
Figure everyone moves but me, then a Patriot will still be living in this state :) They can pass laws, they can't kill spirit or heart unless we let them.

All true, and if Trump loses and we have a Dem Congress and POTUS, it wont matter where one moves.

By the time Trump leaves office in 2025 the SCOTUS and federal judiciary should have issued more pro-gun rights rulings that will stop the worst stuff at the federal level. Blue states will probably continue to find ways to work around those rulings and will keep generating more gun control laws that will have to be challenged, ad infinitum. You can either choose to live in a state where you are constantly under attack, where you constantly have to "fight", or where you will be left alone in peace.

Another list:

;).........

How would the states like Montana, Utah, Arizona, Nevada? Be for moving to?

Nevada is a no-go zone - has a D governor, house, and senate:
Government of Nevada - Wikipedia

Montana looks questionable due to the governor:
Montana Legislature - Wikipedia
The goobernator appears to be a dud:
Steve Bullock (American politician) - Wikipedia

Arizona looks questionable due to house R majority of only 31 out of 60:
Arizona House of Representatives - Wikipedia
And only 17 out of 30 in the Senate:
Arizona House of Representatives - Wikipedia
They do have an R governor:
Doug Ducey - Wikipedia

Utah looks OK for now:
R governor is some what of a dud:
Gary Herbert - Wikipedia
Has a strong R legislature:
Utah State Legislature - Wikipedia

;)

So, I am suppose to toss 8+ years of college and years of experience and seniority
on the job, a wonderful home, uproot the kids and start all over just because I don't agree with people all the time?
How about MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmno.

15 years or so ago that would have been my answer.
Just went to an area where there are farms and ranches and people are actually people.
Would I ever consider leaving the state just because some of the folks tick me off?
Exactly what my wife and i hope to do in the next couple of years.

By the time Trump leaves office in 2025 the SCOTUS and federal judiciary should have issued more pro-gun rights rulings that will stop the worst stuff at the federal level. Blue states will probably continue to find ways to work around those rulings and will keep generating more gun control laws that will have to be challenged, ad infinitum. You can either choose to live in a state where you are constantly under attack, where you constantly have to "fight", or where you will be left alone in peace.

Ya, I am going to have to 100% disagree with that assessment. Why your idea looks great on paper.
There is no guarantee Trump will be in until 2015, and there is zero evidence any pro-gun legislation is even being considered by SCOTUS, thats all a huge long shot to change ones life over. I can tell you, I don't care where one lives if we turn and run, and do not turn and fight where ever you live in the USA will be hit. It took California 25 years thats all. It took Oregon and Washington less then 7 years. Unless you are 98? You are going to be living where they will hit. They count on people leaving, hell I did and left California behind with the big middle finger. Problem was so did millions of others move out from that state and thats how easy it happens. I helped seal California fate, and those whom leave WA and OR are going to do the same.
Well I won't abandon, my brothers and sisters here. I never run and not going to start now, California was my screw up I should have stayed an fight. But not leaving not again.

Last Edited:
Ya, I am going to have to 100% disagree with that assessment. Why your idea looks great on paper.
There is no guarantee Trump will be in until 2015, and there is zero evidence any pro-gun legislation is even being considered by SCOTUS, thats all a huge long shot to change ones life over.

It's already starting...

Supreme Court agrees to hear gun rights case after nearly a decade of inaction on Second Amendment
Published 9:55 a.m. ET Jan. 22, 2019

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court agreed Tuesday to jump back into the national debate over gun rights after nearly a decade on the sidelines.

The justices agreed to consider a petition backed by gun owners' groups asking them to strike down New York City's strict rules for carrying legally owned guns outside the home.

The rules do not allow gun owners to transport firearms outside city limits, even to practice ranges or second homes. Lower courts have upheld the city's regulations.

By agreeing to hear the case, the court ended a string of refusals in Second Amendment cases dating back to its landmark rulings in 2008 and 2010, which upheld the fundamental right to keep guns at home for self-defense.
Supreme Court agrees to hear gun rights case after nearly a decade of inaction on Second Amendment

I can tell you, I don't care where one lives if we turn and run, and do not turn and fight where ever you live in the USA will be hit. It took California 25 years thats all. It took Oregon and Washington less then 7 years. Unless you are 98? You are going to be living where they will hit. They count on people leaving, hell I did and left California behind with the big middle finger. Problem was so did millions of others move out from that state and thats how easy it happens. I helped seal California fate, and those whom leave WA and OR are going to do the same.
Well I won't abandon, my brothers and sisters here. I never run and not going to start now, California was my screw up I should have stayed an fight. But not leaving not again.

The gun owners who leave anti-gun states don't just disappear. They move to pro-gun states and reinforce the number of pro-gun voters there. Gun owners are already outnumbered in states like Oregon and Washington. A few of them staying is not going to change that. More left-wing voters will continue moving here. Birds of a feather flock together. If you had stayed in California it wouldn't have changed anything that happened there. Same thing with staying here. Stay on the Titanic if you want to and bail water, but it's still going to sink, whether you stay aboard or not.

Last Edited:
The damn problem is liberals follow. ...

What do you mean by "liberal"? If you mean corporate sponsored Democrats, I agree with you, because it is quite clear that the oligarchy would prefer a helpless populace. I suspect the same is true of corporate sponsored Republicans given the number of GOP governors who signed gun control bills last year (FN1). Anyway, it would be nice if we used the term plutocrat rather than "liberal" -- it would bring more clarity to the topic.

Plutocracy - Wikipedia

FN1: Ralph Northam is right: GOP governors and legislatures have OK'd 'red-flag' gun laws

I hear you.

The issue for me is not about some folks ticking me off, I have a thick enough skin to deal with that.

It's a different story when folks use the government, whether through the mob-rule initiative process, or the legislature, to take away my freedoms, which I enjoy responsibly. As if that isn't enough, they use the same processes to grant comfort and sanctuary to those who flaunt the morals and laws already in place, and make me out to be a hater because I dare complain.

Look, I love WA, the thought of leaving gives me heartburn. As others have said, no matter where you move it's only a matter of time before the locust swarm shows up to ruin it.

Personally I think WA is lost, I have only one more person to convince of that and I may never succeed in doing so. I will keep trying though. Tick, tock, tick, tock.

What do you mean by "liberal"? If you mean corporate sponsored Democrats, I agree with you, because it is quite clear that the oligarchy would prefer a helpless populace. I suspect the same is true of corporate sponsored Republicans given the number of GOP governors who signed gun control bills last year (FN1). Anyway, it would be nice if we used the term plutocrat rather than "liberal" -- it would bring more clarity to the topic.

Plutocracy - Wikipedia

FN1: Ralph Northam is right: GOP governors and legislatures have OK'd 'red-flag' gun laws
Yep the ERPO virus has infected many including some "republicans". The least they could do is add some due process to the process.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews