JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Arizona is a no go for me...1. too hot there. 2. They import most of there water from a river that's slowly drying up...

I see nothing wrong with re-enforcing the voting power of pro-gun states with more pro-gun people. Just keep the moronic anti-gun people out of the state.

Arizona is a no go for me...1. too hot there. 2. They import most of there water from a river that's slowly drying up...

I see nothing wrong with re-enforcing the voting power of pro-gun states with more pro-gun people. Just keep the moronic anti-gun people out of the state.
We need a strategy for keeping the moronic anti-gun people from moving in. Any serious ideas?

The biggest challenge now is to get gun owners to stop voting in people who want to take their rights away. Either by sitting out saying "it's hopeless, my vote does nothing", or throwing their vote away because the "better choice" is not good enough for them. So they keep voting in the worst choice. Then wonder why they see more restrictions placed on them.

It's already starting...
The gun owners who leave anti-gun states don't just disappear. They move to pro-gun states and reinforce the number of pro-gun voters there. Gun owners are already outnumbered in states like Oregon and Washington. A few of them staying is not going to change that. More left-wing voters will continue moving here. Birds of a feather flock together. If you had stayed in California it wouldn't have changed anything that happened there. Same thing with staying here. Stay on the Titanic if you want to and bail water, but it's still going to sink, whether you stay aboard or not.

Going to have to disagree yet again, I also can speculate on allot o items. But actually most of what you are saying is a guess at best. The Left also has many many legislation on the books.
I can appreciate your diligence, but I do not see it as you do. You and I are just different people.
I wont run, I don't care the odds. Don't care the legislation. It may be something you are OK doing.
The Titanic, yes I would have watched you perhaps get on a live boat, me Id stay until every women and child was off. I can not change how I am build. I have a built in fortitude that will not let me leave my brothers and sisters here behind. Why am I that way? Because our forefathers did not run to the peaceful lands to the west they stayed the course. Its probably why some men split to Canada during the Vietnam War, and others enlisted. If your heart sees honor in what is being done, the fight is worth it. I wish you luck in your peaceful life away from the fight. I have kids and a Granddaughters whose future is at stake, because people Ran. As Far as California I was there before this all started and yes I could have made a difference, after all I did here, so why not there. You and I are just two different people. If you ever change your mind and stay well save a seat open for you.:D

The biggest challenge now is to get gun owners to stop voting in people who want to take their rights away. Either by sitting out saying "it's hopeless, my vote does nothing", or throwing their vote away because the "better choice" is not good enough for them. So they keep voting in the worst choice. Then wonder why they see more restrictions placed on them.
I agree and will add that sometimes pro2a people get stuck in districts where there isn't another option besides a write in candidate. For those people I urge you to seriously consider supporting another pro2a candidate in a district who has a chance of winning. We can no longer be stingy with our time and support of pro2a candidates no matter where they are in our State. Lot's of great stuff is written here daily we can use that energy to support pro2a candidates who can slow down this anti-gun train to nightmare land of no rights.

Ban the ownership/sale/transfer of a toyota prius in the state? That might stop some of them...

Blame it on PTSD caused by extreme liberals. ;)
Hey, now! Leave Prius drivers out this. I plan to sneak up on the Montana gophers this summer in our new Rav-4 Hybrid. ( they will never hear us coming in EV mode)

Going to have to disagree yet again, I also can speculate on allot o items. But actually most of what you are saying is a guess at best. The Left also has many many legislation on the books.
I can appreciate your diligence, but I do not see it as you do. You and I are just different people.
I wont run, I don't care the odds. Don't care the legislation. It may be something you are OK doing.
The Titanic, yes I would have watched you perhaps get on a live boat, me Id stay until every women and child was off. I can not change how I am build. I have a built in fortitude that will not let me leave my brothers and sisters here behind. Why am I that way? Because our forefathers did not run to the peaceful lands to the west they stayed the course. Its probably why some men split to Canada during the Vietnam War, and others enlisted. If your heart sees honor in what is being done, the fight is worth it. I wish you luck in your peaceful life away from the fight. I have kids and a Granddaughters whose future is at stake, because people Ran. As Far as California I was there before this all started and yes I could have made a difference, after all I did here, so why not there. You and I are just two different people. If you ever change your mind and stay well save a seat open for you.:D
Well said, I vote that we add Captain to your name. Captain DuneHopper has ring to it:)

I have no desire to stick around. Maybe if I owned a house and land here before everything got stupid expensive that would be one thing...but I don't own any dirt here. I can't afford to live alone in this state either. So time to GTFO and move somewhere I can afford on my own and a place where my money will go a lot further. Why would I want to buy a tiny sliver of pie here with all the rules and regulations on it telling me what I can and can't do when I can go elsewhere and buy the whole damn pie for far less money and not have all of the rules and regulations on it? I would be a fool to buy or rent a home here when I can get a home twice the size for 1/3rd the cost in a free state.

How would the states like Montana, Utah, Arizona, Nevada? Be for moving to?

Montana, depends on where you go. I don't know about the government but there are lots of libs in Kalispell and many rich lib land owners all around. Try Wyoming maybe.

Utah, changing, elected Mitt to Congress

Arizona, changing, electing Dems all over the spectrum. Hard to believe a female patriot lost.

Nevada, kept electing Reid, also changing.

Probably be safe in the middle of the country for awhile. Maybe get real chill and fly in either Dakota, or Nebraska, Kansas, you know, flyover country. But eventually nowhere will be safe, society is changing. And they admit the Green New Deal is a massive restructure of not only government, but society as well. Fixing the "injustices", social, economic, and racial, will mean equal misery if not worse. They want to knock it all down.

Hey, now! Leave Prius drivers out this. I plan to sneak up on the Montana gophers this summer in our new Rav-4 Hybrid. ( they will never hear us coming in EV mode)

Ugh... :p;)

I ain't moving.

You already did, right?

I have no desire to stick around. Maybe if I owned a house and land here before everything got stupid expensive that would be one thing...but I don't own any dirt here. I can't afford to live alone in this state either. So time to GTFO and move somewhere I can afford on my own and a place where my money will go a lot further. Why would I want to buy a tiny sliver of pie here with all the rules and regulations on it telling me what I can and can't do when I can go elsewhere and buy the whole damn pie for far less money and not have all of the rules and regulations on it? I would be a fool to buy or rent a home here when I can get a home twice the size for 1/3rd the cost in a free state.
Then you need to get out. Seriously, if you're that unhappy wherever you are then find a better place and go there. Life's too short to be miserable when you can do something about it.

I agree and will add that sometimes pro2a people get stuck in districts where there isn't another option besides a write in candidate. For those people I urge you to seriously consider supporting another pro2a candidate in a district who has a chance of winning. We can no longer be stingy with our time and support of pro2a candidates no matter where they are in our State. Lot's of great stuff is written here daily we can use that energy to support pro2a candidates who can slow down this anti-gun train to nightmare land of no rights.

I often end up voting for a D. In almost all elections there are 2 choices who are going to win. I will pick the one who will do the least damage. Unless gun owners live in a district where there is only one candidate then they have a choice. Often not much but, a choice. So way too many do nothing or write in someone who will of course not win. OR gun owners have done this with Kate twice now. Then they act shocked at the anti rights laws being proposed by the people they put in office. The only thing politicians fear is losing. If gun owners would start kicking some to the curb the rest would start to move. Right now they see clear sailing to keep marching in on rights. There is always a choice. Way too many gun owners just keep making the worst possible one.

I often end up voting for a D. In almost all elections there are 2 choices who are going to win. I will pick the one who will do the least damage. Unless gun owners live in a district where there is only one candidate then they have a choice. Often not much but, a choice. So way too many do nothing or write in someone who will of course not win. OR gun owners have done this with Kate twice now. Then they act shocked at the anti rights laws being proposed by the people they put in office. The only thing politicians fear is losing. If gun owners would start kicking some to the curb the rest would start to move. Right now they see clear sailing to keep marching in on rights. There is always a choice. Way too many gun owners just keep making the worst possible one.
Unless gun owners live in a district where there is only one candidate then they have a choice
There are quite a few districts in the metro area where antis (almost always a Democrat) run uncontested. Pro2a voters in those districts should in my opinion spend their efforts supporting pro2a candidates in other close races across the State.

There are quite a few districts in the metro area where antis (almost always a Democrat) run uncontested. Pro2a voters in those districts should in my opinion spend their efforts supporting pro2a candidates in other close races across the State.
That sadly is nothing we can do about. Often I hear gun owners who refuse to vote use that as an excuse to not vote at all. Since the local race is out, they reuse to bother. This is how they end up with Gov. Kate and that moron we got here. The one we got here is just as bad as Kate, and as with Kate he had an opponent. The opponent was not even close to what I would "like" but I voted for them anyway. Sadly many would not bother so we got what we got. I am no longer sure this is ever going to change. At least not until it's too late. I used to think we would reach a tipping point. I am starting to think that may never happen. Very sad.

How would the states like Montana, Utah, Arizona, Nevada? Be for moving to?

Nevada is under siege and turning blue. They just elected a liberal Governor who ran and won on a platform of gun control.

Arizona is still ok but you gotta be careful of any of the states bordering California. As the liberals leave the crap hole they created, the neighboring states are where a lot of them end up. And they're too stupid to realize it was their politics that screwed things up so they continue to vote the same. Arizona is hotter than hell 6 months out of the year too. So unless you like sitting in air conditioning because it's too damn hot to move outside, Arizona kinda sucks unless you go into the high desert towns.

Montana, of course, has bad winters to deal with. And I'm not quite sure about Utah. You do have the mormons to contend with and they're nice enough but they tend to hang with their own so making friends and such can be challenging.

This is probably going to be tldr

I spent the better part of a day a while back discussing things that would make us move with my wife.

1) ban on semi autos or what the Dems call "assault weapons" pass the house we start to make plans

2) the above passes we contemplate a vacation home in a gun friendly state and slowly move

3) SB501 passes or worse, we are out if it passes both house and Senate.

4) wife gets pregnant, we leave... Sorry but the schools and new nanny state baby laws should make any parent shudder here.

5) taxes get unbearable.... Another reason to contemplate leaving. The inept people managing things spend more on education then anything else and are still busy running out of money.

My wife can go to a pioneer museum and say hello to her relatives that founded the area here and read about them from 6 generations back. They have towns named after them. We don't take a move lightly but... If they want Venezuela bad enough they will get it.

I'm a hard working talented guy that brings enormous benefit to my team that those I work with. But at the end of the day my gun rights mean more to me then any security a job may bring.

I would rather live under a bridge in a free state begging for change then be dead inside in a gun free state.

And as for jail I'm not terribly afraid, I've ammased enough knowledge if the law takes it away I could build whatever I want given time and resources. And if they kept me in jail i'd have the satisfaction that the cost of my existence would make their Utopia sink faster into nothing.

My ability to protect my life are equal to having one, without the means to protect it you have nothing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top