JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Idaho just passed legislation that prempts federal law......

Lots of states have done that. Medical marijuana, in state gun manufacturing that goes against the NFA etc. In every case the feds say its still illegal and occasionally prosecute someone to show they are still in charge.

Teddy Roosevelt was a flaming liberal.

I think before too long we'll start to see a growing trend here in Portland that occurred in China some years back, and has started on a small scale. Essentially, people abandon their crap and go back to where their support system (family, close friends, etc) are. On China, they started noticing vehicles left in long term airport parking that were full of possessions. People couldn't find the work they wanted, so they packed up and left, abandoning their vehicles. Its happening here in smaller scales, because, believe it or not, while the labor (skilled trades, construction, janitorial, sanitation) industry in Oregon has grown, the tech industry has hit a bit of a stagnant period, and is in fact, migrating. Most techies can't swing a hammer or push a roller, so they leave. Additionally, we have a lot of skilled workers who migrated for work, and will return home once the work has ceased. We are about to have a lot of very expensive condo's with no one who wants to fork over a ton of income to live in them.

I have to agree with you. Over the many years we've been going over to Oregon, especially on the West bank of the Willamette in PDX, hundreds of high-rise high-price apartments have been built that have remained empty.

Idaho just passed legislation that prempts federal law......
Lots of states have done that. Medical marijuana, in state gun manufacturing that goes against the NFA etc. In every case the feds say its still illegal and occasionally prosecute someone to show they are still in charge.

Teddy Roosevelt was a flaming liberal.
It's still a definite plus, especially since it was recent and gun related.

Man I know a lot of stupid people.
But AOC .
IS IDIOT.
lol the one that that really bothering me about her is.
THERE IS A STATE FULL OF IDIOTS.
THAT VOTED FOR HER
MMMMM....MMMMMM
State? Just a city... more precisely a borough - The Bronx, NYC. Be grateful she's not old enough to be a Senator, yet... though I half expect her to file for President in '20 screaming about "the Constitution is illegal age discrimination!" *snort*

Incoming hot take:
"MoVe tO a FrEe sTatE" this strategy only bides time and in literally a stroke of a pen once "free" states become restrictive. Look at the magazine ban in Vermont. Look at where I moved from in FL. Rick Scott signed into law making it Illegal to sell ANY firearms or ammo to anyone under 21. The FL CHL is an expensive PITA compared to the WA and OR ones. Yes we got some bubblegum going on here but moving to a free state only buys you time until it is no longer free and until the feds institute another assault weapon ban like what happened previously

Vermont is Sanders and Ben and Jerry's county. Its always been super liberal. I'm surprised it took that long. Florida is just a suburb of NYC any more. I just moved to South Carolina last week. Am I worried south Carolina is going to ban anything? Hell to the no!

Incoming hot take:
"MoVe tO a FrEe sTatE" this strategy only bides time and in literally a stroke of a pen once "free" states become restrictive. Look at the magazine ban in Vermont. Look at where I moved from in FL. Rick Scott signed into law making it Illegal to sell ANY firearms or ammo to anyone under 21. The FL CHL is an expensive PITA compared to the WA and OR ones. Yes we got some bubblegum going on here but moving to a free state only buys you time until it is no longer free and until the feds institute another assault weapon ban like what happened previously

I would move if I could tho... I don't have that much more time to enjoy freedom.

Vermont is Sanders and Ben and Jerry's county. Its always been super liberal. I'm surprised it took that long. Florida is just a suburb of NYC any more. I just moved to South Carolina last week. Am I worried south Carolina is going to ban anything? Hell to the no!
Lol you sound like my dad and the other boomers in FL who think purely having the following will keep gun control at Bay:

-florida sheriff's association sticker
- nra life membership
- $200 FL CHL

I was raised by my dad to believe gun control would never come to the sunshine state but guess what open carry was banned and March for our lives started. FL isn't a suburb of NYC but I find your lack of geographical/demographic knowledge of the state amusing. From a native here is the breakdown and why it serves as a lesson to the rest of the country:

Miami/Dade/Broward is your more anti gun liberal part of the state. Northeast transplants.Think like how we do about pdx or Seattle. But guess what? There is still lots of pro gun people there even more left libertarian ones like myself. Much like how there are pro gun gun folks in PDX and Seattle. A lot of Cubans I know cherish their right to bear arms.

Central florida- mixture of transplants and ocala good ole boys

Northeast fl- lower Georgia where transplants that can't afford Miami move.

Panhandle- old good ole boy florida. Jobs pay terrible. Weather is awful.

Most of the state has voted "red" but it isn't just "new Yorkers" changing the gun culture/laws of the state it's natives who much like the rest of the country are becoming distant from the material conditions that necessitate gun ownership. Hunting is on the down slope. There is no public land to Target shoot on and most Floridians sit inside in air conditioning instead of going outside. Concealed carry is about the only thing left and it makes sense since it is the most practical use if your rights. If you don't think it's coming to SC you need to be vigilant. Thinking "NoT hErE w3 dOnT hAvE bErnIe sAndErs" will just net you gun control quick. Might I remind you Vermont has constitutional carry while SC does not.

Vermont's liberalness is sort of like Oregons liberalness used to be. Liberal in the sense that liberal means expansion of freedom. Once that small leap over the fence is made the modern liberal case in the sense of restricting freedom for the good of everyone is next.

South Carolina's carry laws are not constitutional or as easy as Washington's for other reasons that go back to the Jim Crow South. Theyve been expanded to be sure but they'll never be SHALL ISSUE without classes like Washington's. I'd be more concerned about the future of concealed carry in North Carolina, where I work, with its massive influx of northerners in the last 25 years into the Charlotte and Raleigh Durham areas. I grew up nearby in the Greenville SC area and Charlotte ain't nuthin' like it used to be 30 years ago.

MMMM MMMMM
THE ONE THING BOTHER ME IS THIS.....

lower case words
Did you see the time I posted that.
Lol almost 17:00 on my day off.
So that means the coors light had me yelling at my phone.
HEHEHEH
EPS and punctuation are not intimate friends. It's part of his charm. At least he doesn't write in all lower case with no paragraphs or periods. Man, I hate those guys. :rolleyes:

"coors light had me yelling at my phone" :s0005: :s0140:

I kind of find find Coors light to be a refreshing beverage for when I dont actually want to get intoxicated and its good in fish fry batter. Bud light helps me when I want to purge my large colon fully.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top