JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may be thinking of Progressives. I grew up around a lot of Liberals. The SJW, BLM, gun control, open borders, late term abortion, child sex change people are Progressives, not Liberals. Liberals may let their hearts get the better of them from time to time, but they know common sense and they don't use hate to make a point. I still have several Liberal friends. They may be wrong more often than I am ;) but they don't let it bother them.

I honestly thought it was the opposite. Historically, it was the progressive movement (led by Theodore Roosevelt and carried on by others) that gave us the 40 hour week, workers' rights, ended child labor, busted blatant corruption and monopolies, established national parks, public education as we know it, etc.

Not arguing, just how I see it.

I honestly thought it was the opposite. Historically, it was the progressive movement (led by Theodore Roosevelt and carried on by others) that gave us the 40 hour week, workers' rights, ended child labor, busted blatant corruption and monopolies, established national parks, public education as we know it, etc.

That's all good stuff... However.... It's clearly become so much more than that over the last few decades.

That's all good stuff... However.... It's clearly become so much more than that over the last few decades.
I'm not old enough to remember Roosevelt. ;) My perspective (and you're right - it's just how I see it, nothing written in stone) is that somewhere around the 60's or 70's people who called themselves Progressives were moving farther and farther to the left. Classic Liberals were backing the same things that they always had. The Democrat Party seems to have moved left with the Progressives and left the Liberals behind. A very good friend of mine recently remarked about how frustrated he is with the Democrat Party and much the two of us agree on political issues (always have, mostly). He looked at me and said "I'm a Republican now, aren't I?". He wasn't even joking. Took it pretty well when I started laughing though.

Time to move? Yep.

3I4jTV.jpg

I think before too long we'll start to see a growing trend here in Portland that occurred in China some years back, and has started on a small scale. Essentially, people abandon their crap and go back to where their support system (family, close friends, etc) are. On China, they started noticing vehicles left in long term airport parking that were full of possessions. People couldn't find the work they wanted, so they packed up and left, abandoning their vehicles. Its happening here in smaller scales, because, believe it or not, while the labor (skilled trades, construction, janitorial, sanitation) industry in Oregon has grown, the tech industry has hit a bit of a stagnant period, and is in fact, migrating. Most techies can't swing a hammer or push a roller, so they leave. Additionally, we have a lot of skilled workers who migrated for work, and will return home once the work has ceased. We are about to have a lot of very expensive condo's with no one who wants to fork over a ton of income to live in them.

Maybe you are mixing your Roosevelt's. Theodore did those things, but he was also Republican and conservative.
A famous quote attributed to him:
"To anger a conservative, lie to him; to anger a liberal, tell him the truth."

I think before too long we'll start to see a growing trend here in Portland that occurred in China some years back, and has started on a small scale. Essentially, people abandon their crap and go back to where their support system (family, close friends, etc) are. On China, they started noticing vehicles left in long term airport parking that were full of possessions. People couldn't find the work they wanted, so they packed up and left, abandoning their vehicles. Its happening here in smaller scales, because, believe it or not, while the labor (skilled trades, construction, janitorial, sanitation) industry in Oregon has grown, the tech industry has hit a bit of a stagnant period, and is in fact, migrating. Most techies can't swing a hammer or push a roller, so they leave. Additionally, we have a lot of skilled workers who migrated for work, and will return home once the work has ceased. We are about to have a lot of very expensive condo's with no one who wants to fork over a ton of income to live in them.
They are not leaving fast enough and more need to join them and not get replaced by corrupt minded Californians aka anti gun.

Maybe you are mixing your Roosevelt's. Theodore did those things, but he was also Republican and conservative.
A famous quote attributed to him:
"To anger a conservative, lie to him; to anger a liberal, tell him the truth."

I think Teddy would be an enigma in today's politics, as he had quite the varied scope of interests from trust busting to creating National Parks and preaching conservation of natural resources. He changed a lot with age though, and was quite a different older man than he was from his younger days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top