JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand the writer's viewpoint / opinion in the article linked in the OP...But , much like anything regarding firearms...it can be vastly different depending on the when and where of the firearm usage and the people who view the usage / make up the jury...

Where I live some guns aren't that big of a deal or seen as "bad"...Lots of hunters and "plinkers" here...So your "hunting rifle" , "Duck / Bird gun" or .22 isn't seen in a "bad light".
But...
A AR15 can be seen by many around where I live as a "bad" thing...also as I would guess a skull or smart azz comment engraved on your firearm.

All of which is strange to me and my views...
A AR15 is just a rifle to me...one that I don't get too excited about...but still , its just a rifle...And no matter what type of firearm you have or what is engraved on it...all that really matters to me , is that it is used safely....How you do that , is up to you the gun owner.

So yeah I can see that in some areas of the country, a type of gun or style of engraving could affect the viewer's judgement or perception of the firearm or firearm owner..It still seems strange to me.
Andy

His argument would have been more convincing if he had provided evidence and examples of people who actually got in trouble because of those things. The only one I am aware of is the case of the Arizona cop involved in a questionable shooting who had something provocative etched on the dust cover of his AR-15 but even he was acquitted.

Otherwise that article sounds like the same kind of "wisdom" I hear from guys hanging around BSing at the local gun store. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Last Edited:
Yep, 2 of the 3 are the internet at its best.
I've discussed triggers, extended magazines, along with handloads with numerous attorneys who have been involved in such cases...none have been a factor in a case.

The attorney I have coming out to assist with my CCW class in May will be able to dispell such myths.

As for the punisher and other like garb...yep, I'd stay away from that.

When reading any article, especially gun related internet articles, I consider the foundation for the statement. How does the author know that his legal/tactical strategy/gunsmithing technique conclusion is correct? Why does he believe a fact to be true? If that question is not answered and even worse when an inquiry blocker is substituted "everybody knows that" or "I can't remember the name of the expert who told me" then I place no faith in the statement.

Better trigger does not necessarily equal "hair" trigger. Anything that helps to keep me alive so I can be tortured by the DA later is better than my wife getting my life insurance check.

Guns aren't toys. I don't put anything on them or change them in any way that doesn't help them perform their function.

This reminds me of the no trespassing type signs such as "Violators will be shot. Survivors will be shot again."
I always thought this could have an impact in a trial (civil or criminal) if the property owner ever did feel the need to shoot somebody on their property.

I was going to pile up some rocks like a burial mound with a headstone that read RIP Tres P Asser at my cabin driveway but never did go through with it.

I'm a bone stock guy for my carry and house guns.

I have a 1911, G17 and 870 that all shoot great for me and hit a pie plate at 25 yards no problem.

They do not all go thru the same hole like some of my other firearms but I don't think that's needed.

My AR would be given to my wife or only used if I was the victim of a seige at my house.

It doesn't matter to me if there have been convictions or not on modified guns - I don't want to be the first. If I needed a mod then I would find a different gun to carry.

i have an american flag end plate on my USA stamped glock slide. someone has a problem with that then F'm

Just avoid stuff like this:
Skull%20Lower_zpslchzcgzv.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews