JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Little things can and will be used against you by an overzealous Prosecutor or Jury. Prepare accordingly. Full stop.
Have you ever heard of an underzealous prosecutor or jury. Its not that I don't respect the court but out of the many jury notices I received I have never prayed to actually sit on a case and miss work or worse, a trial on a day off! People that hope to get a trial worry me a little.

It all boils down to three things...
1. Did the person getting shot need shooting?
2. Did the person doing the shooting intend to shoot them?
3. Geographical location of the shooting.

I agree with this, during the trial that is. Come the civil suit? I wouldn't bet on it.

The "hot loaded" ammo one has always stuck in my craw. Show me one instance where a defendant's hand-loads caused a trial to go south.
That's Massad's comment, not mine. To me, it makes sense in our litigious society to minimize things that a zealous prosecutor may possibly use against you. Run what you are comfortable with, by all means.

I applied the K.I.S.S. principle to my CC. It's bone stock...

DSC_0076_zpskqafk2iq.jpg

I like the bull about never cocking you revolver as that makes the trigger easier to pull. SO I guess if you carry a Single Action you best learn to use it as a hammer.

The more years I see these articles, the more hype I believe it is.
(Damn, I must be getting old!)
Granted, I'd HIGHLY advise against racial slurs, symbols and other potentially baiting slogans (kill em all, I don't call 911), because it could add hate crime charge. Imagine having "infidel" on your weapon and shooting a Muslim intruder....

Most other things can be easily explained, if they are even addressed.
It may actually HELP your defense.

You say hair trigger, I say an improved trigger makes me a better shooter =safety.
Punisher logo looks cool. That's all. But if you want to push it, our soldiers wear it defending our freedom and it's a reminder that we need to be able to defend our family so it doesnt get killed like Frank's wife and kids did.
Weird skull lower- it's art work, never intended to actually be used as a defensive tool.

By this article's logic, having a light/laser makes it clear you want to ambush at night. Why not simply turn the lights on? Rack a shotgun, that would scare em off!
Having SD ammo also proves you want to kill because even the military doesn't issue hollow point "dum-dum" "cop killer" ammunition. You looked at the tests to PROVE you get enough penetration to hit vitals. Why not shoot em in the leg?
How do you explain 300 blackout or other calibers?
00 Buck!? How dare you use anything bigger than #4 unless you are a killer.
It just gets more ridiculous any way you slice it.

Has anyone heard of a prosecution due to caliber? Mag capacity? Aesthetics of the weapon?

I believe your social media and forum posts are more likely to be used against you vs. your weapon mods. (See every controversial shooting since at least Trevon with hoodie and skittles)

Last Edited:
I'm of the all stock ilk myself. The Shield 45 is factory stock with the exception of Trijicons, cause these old eyes need help finding them tiny sights in the dark...

And carry ammo is factory, in this case Federal 230 gr HST. When you care enough to send the very best...

Yep, 2 of the 3 are the internet at its best.
I've discussed triggers, extended magazines, along with handloads with numerous attorneys who have been involved in such cases...none have been a factor in a case.

The attorney I have coming out to assist with my CCW class in May will be able to dispell such myths.

As for the punisher and other like garb...yep, I'd stay away from that.
I had the punish thing on my Glock.
I changed it to just black .
By the way anybody want to buy a punish back plate for a Glock.
I got one for sell cheap

I am gonna get a hello kitty back plate for my wifes Glock that I built her. I would think it may have the opposite effect. Maybe I should put them on mine as well lol.

41ED8D89-2A9B-47A3-A036-B80AC61DA859.png 8B51000A-2CF9-4C60-8CAD-B714AF385FC1.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top