JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does that have any bearing on a civilian shooting case?

If it does, what were the details of your experience? It's difficult to infer much from the info you provided. What was on the plate? What were the circumstances that had you going to court in the first place?
My apologies, the point I was trying to make was that a DA can interpret anything about you according to how anything about you is presented or represented. I should have clarified that.

My apologies, the point I was trying to make was that a DA can interpret anything about you according to how anything about you is presented or represented. I should have clarified that.

No worries mate!

Honestly if I were the average Joe I would be more concerned about a DA subpoenaing devices and seeing FB and internet posts where one talks about how theyd smoke someone just for knocking on their door or whatever.

Keeping a carry gun stock is prudent. If you end up in trial, every argument you don't even need to make is a win, and every argument you do have to make is gamble (FN1). Now, you may feel confident you'll win 10 coinflips in a row, but it is better to only have to win 5, or 2, or none.

The thing about trials is, you can lose -- your life is in the hands of a bunch of people who will be putting together crazy presumptions and generalizations (he was too cold, he was too emotional, a person who was innocent wouldn't do _____, a person who was innocent would have done ____). The less you make a jury work, the better.

FN1: If Brailford didn't have "your F---d" on his dust cover, he could have saved the expense of the suppression hearing and quite likely kept his job after acquittal. He got lucky and won that argument but you know what would have better? Just not having to argue the issue at all. Note too that despite the fact it was suppressed, he's not going to have an easy time finding (good) work the rest of life because of the media that etching generated.

My take- as soon as you use your legally carried defensive firearm to defend your life, or your family's lives, you are bubblegumed.

No matter how clear, how clean or how righteous the shooting is, you are bubblegumed. You are going to get bubblegumed. Your are going to spend a lot of money to try not to get bubblegumed, but you will at least get a little bubblegumed. At worst, you will go to prison for the rest of your life.

Some of the amount of bubblegumage is out of your control... but a little bit is under your control. Limit that amount.

Don't do stupid things.

LOL
I've done graphics design for years, as a hobby. My interest in firearms in general, has sparked many of my own designs, that I've wanted to have engraved on some. After the "that's cool" wears off, that's been the extent, and I've never had anything engraved. because of similarities to the OP.

I recently saw this and could not agree more with the part about custom etchings (ex. The Punisher logo) on the slide plate. That kinda thing would make any prosecutor or opposing counsel foam at the mouth. What an incredibly easy way to create a false portrayal of the ccw holder and reframe the narrative of the case.

I disagree about magazine extensions. Law enforcement agencies all over the U.S. use them. Defending their use in a carry gun would be easy.

I use them for duty, competition, range, and carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top