JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Major Economic Meltdown...the US can't pay it's debts...devalues the dollar...oil imports are curtailed as no country will accept our currency...gas shortages..$10 per /gallon gas, if you can get it...food prices goes through the roof due to increased transportation costs. Airlines, the bus system, trains, taxis...ect start grinding to a halt.

To keep a run on the banks in check, banks will only let you take out $20 a day, and your money is dissapearing by the minute...ATMs and Credit cards stop working...

Martial Law is imposed to keep order, people need food...

To keep order, the govt continues to curtail ammunition availability..all ammo goes to the military. Humvees stationed infront of the three gun stores in the area, thier stocks have been sequestered in under martial law and eminent domain.

As people go to the street with no money...every corner has a detachment of soldiers, every grocery store has a humvee in front of it...and the store while open, has jacked up a loaf of bread to $100.

When the riots happen, the govt in thier wisdom decides to shut off power and water to the homes...in about two weeks..people are forced to come to the community food lines...after a day of waiting in line, you come to a huge food pilot guarded by two chain gun mounted Humvees. The military presence is staggering...helicopters overhead...your in a very controlled fence/corralled area...the table infront of you is staffed by local police and military person with a laptop...you hand him your driver's license, and he lists off all the guns you bought through gunstores...tells you that inorder for power/water to be restored to your home, and for you to leave with rationed MREs, you need to turn in those guns..guns you sold need to be accounted for...names and numbers of those you sold them too...

He also informs you that that conventional IDs are now no longer valid and that you need to proceed to this other line for microchip implantation....resistance is illegal and futile...if you remove the chip, then you will be jailed and not get any services..

All payment from now on, will be by waiving the microchip in you arm over a scanner...

As you go home and ponder how you will feed your family in this dark home, with no power and water....no gas for your vehicle..you look up past the Apache gunships to see a predator drone up overhead, circling....watching....

Definitely book material.
In that case I take my guns and ammo and go hunt myself some food. I hear raccoons are pretty tasty, squirrels are easy to come by and I have a personal vendetta against the little critters anyway. Start a fire and have some BBQ critters. :D

I find your scenario a bit more plausible than most. I get a big chuckle when someone mentions an invasion from China/Mexico ala "Red Dawn" style.When or if this country goes down the tubes will be from people/forces from within including our government be it local,state,Federal,our media, our academia and the whining and fear from the majority of our "Sheep Citizens".

From experience, groundhog and rabbit is very good meat, and fresh dandilion leave salad is exceptionally tasty with Italian dressing.

Actually, just about everything that the OP has posted has happened all over the world at some point or another, many recently. (I can't think any instances of of forced microchipping...yet.) For decades Brazil had rampant mass and hyperinflation, even going so far as to confiscate private wealth and pensions in an attempt to stabilize the government. Many people's life savings were wiped out. In the end, in 1994 they dumped the currency (fiat, of course) and instituted the Real/Reais, another fiat currency that has devalued since then as well. And why not? In the end, all fiat currencies return to their true value of zero; the Real, Euro and Dollar are no different.

Unlike the citizens of Brazil, who are used to blatant government corruption and theft and merely shrugged their shoulders when the leaders seized their wealth, here in the US we see things a bit differently. It won't be pretty when the government declares a 7-day 'bank holiday' or gives citizens IOUs for confiscating their retirement funds. They are discussing just such a thing right now.

Keith (Appalachia transplant :) )

Personally I think there will be check points on major roads, they will run your ID and arrest you for owning a gun. They will do this under the new law of "Potential Home grown Terrorest Act".

Think check points can't happen in america???? You may not know this but we already have them.... link......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irYJVn2k6zU

Nazi checkpoints in America :huh: People wake up!
This is the start to desensitize citizens to check points and unlawful searches.

The people who would be waiting in the food lines are the people who have forgotten how to fend for themselves. The people who have no idea how to skin and butcher wild game and cook the same over an open fire. Basic survival skills are not all that difficult. Life may not be comfortable, but at least no one would be asking me to surrender everything (freedom, property, liberty, etc.)...

Unfortunately MB the government is stealing more land and we are getting more population all the time. Add to that some proposed fishing restrictions and it won't take long to use hunger as a weapon. It's been done many times by commies before and this time will be no different.

jj

Personally I think there will be check points on major roads, they will run your ID and arrest you for owning a gun. They will do this under the new law of "Potential Home grown Terrorest Act".

Think check points can't happen in america???? You may not know this but we already have them.... link......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irYJVn2k6zU

This is the start to desensitize citizens to check points and unlawful searches.

The 'authorities' (using lists of registered owners) illegally confiscated private arms from lawful citizens during the Katrina Hurricane. Most guns were returned...years later...as useless, rusted hulks. Congress passed legislation to prevent this from happening in the future, but any law can be suspended in times of an 'emergency' . Olympia did just this last week when it suspended a citizen-passed law requiring super-majority to raise taxes. Why? You guessed it: to "close the gap in the state deficit in these unprescedented times". They immediately raised taxes. Hah.

Now, regarding the Border Patrol stop. Nazi tactics...please. That's a horrible vidoe to prove the point; surely there are better out there. Had they torn the guy's car apart, thrown him to the ground and stuck a pistol up his butt, maybe. The only unprofessional attitude in the video was the videographer himself. Regardng this loose brandishment of the term 'Nazi', Google for pictures of the Babi-Yar Massacre to see real Naziism. We scream "Poverty!" even though our poor nearly all have at least one car, a cell phone for every family member and are obeise to boot (been to WalMart lately?) and we scream "Nazi!" when law enforcement officials actually try to enforce the law. Like most Americans we---fortunately---have not seen real poverty or real brutality.

As a caveat, I see your point and I can see future roadblocks of more dubious nature arising, and for that we need to be always vigilant. But screaming "Foul!" at every government act is a sure way to get folks who are now close minded to never open their eyes. In their minds, we would be quickly discarded into the trashbin of loonyism until it was too late.

Keith

Unfortunately MB the government is stealing more land and we are getting more population all the time. Add to that some proposed fishing restrictions and it won't take long to use hunger as a weapon. It's been done many times by commies before and this time will be no different.

jj

So many examples: the Ukraine under Stalin, Pol Pot, Somalia...hunger is a potent weapon,

Keith

Major Economic Meltdown...the US can't pay it's debts...devalues the dollar...oil imports are curtailed as no country will accept our currency...gas shortages..$10 per /gallon gas, if you can get it...food prices goes through the roof due to increased transportation costs. Airlines, the bus system, trains, taxis...ect start grinding to a halt.

To keep a run on the banks in check, banks will only let you take out $20 a day, and your money is dissapearing by the minute...ATMs and Credit cards stop working...

Martial Law is imposed to keep order, people need food...

To keep order, the govt continues to curtail ammunition availability..all ammo goes to the military. Humvees stationed infront of the three gun stores in the area, thier stocks have been sequestered in under martial law and eminent domain.

As people go to the street with no money...every corner has a detachment of soldiers, every grocery store has a humvee in front of it...and the store while open, has jacked up a loaf of bread to $100.

When the riots happen, the govt in thier wisdom decides to shut off power and water to the homes...in about two weeks..people are forced to come to the community food lines...after a day of waiting in line, you come to a huge food pilot guarded by two chain gun mounted Humvees. The military presence is staggering...helicopters overhead...your in a very controlled fence/corralled area...the table infront of you is staffed by local police and military person with a laptop...you hand him your driver's license, and he lists off all the guns you bought through gunstores...tells you that inorder for power/water to be restored to your home, and for you to leave with rationed MREs, you need to turn in those guns..guns you sold need to be accounted for...names and numbers of those you sold them too...

He also informs you that that conventional IDs are now no longer valid and that you need to proceed to this other line for microchip implantation....resistance is illegal and futile...if you remove the chip, then you will be jailed and not get any services..

All payment from now on, will be by waiving the microchip in you arm over a scanner...

As you go home and ponder how you will feed your family in this dark home, with no power and water....no gas for your vehicle..you look up past the Apache gunships to see a predator drone up overhead, circling....watching....

Like JJ said. You should write a book.

Care to give us another dose of what happens next?

Good set-up, interesting (believable) plot, etc.

Could use a couple characters to follow through this scenario.

Maybe a family of 5, or even just a single guy............

.......so you go home, and collect up your guns, as your wife and kids look on...you collect your receipts of guns you have sold, and head back to the food processsing center...hours in lines, you get back up to the table...as you surrender your guns...you are asked for names of those you sold your guns too..one is a friend...do you eat, get medical treatment, do you feed your family..or do you rat your friend out?....the person at the table is unsympathetic...everyone is in the same boat..you decide to let your friend answer this question when it's his turn in line...so you give the receipts of your guns to the person at the table with the laptop...he puts the names in the computer...looks at you, then his computer...he smiles..and states that your friend already turned in his gun...

You look around...there are people that are not all together unhappy about being here in the lines.....you can see these are not gun owners, they are here for a free handout...hippies, bums, people who don't look like they have had a job...they can't wait to get something for free....you hear them in the lines up ahead, telling the people at the table about all the people they know that have guns.....

You walk back home with your MREs, a fuel ration card, and you arm hurts from the microchip that's been implanted....your friend who lives across the street, a neighbor of 20 years...looks at you...then looks away...he knows you ratted him out...and the look in his eyes, burns through your soul, because he knew you would....now neighbors would be looking over their shoulders from now on....they need their food, thier water, their services....

The 'authorities' (using lists of registered owners) illegally confiscated private arms from lawful citizens during the Katrina Hurricane. Most guns were returned...years later...as useless, rusted hulks. Congress passed legislation to prevent this from happening in the future, but any law can be suspended in times of an 'emergency' . Olympia did just this last week when it suspended a citizen-passed law requiring super-majority to raise taxes. Why? You guessed it: to "close the gap in the state deficit in these unprescedented times". They immediately raised taxes. Hah.

Now, regarding the Border Patrol stop. Nazi tactics...please. That's a horrible vidoe to prove the point; surely there are better out there. Had they torn the guy's car apart, thrown him to the ground and stuck a pistol up his butt, maybe. The only unprofessional attitude in the video was the videographer himself. Regardng this loose brandishment of the term 'Nazi', Google for pictures of the Babi-Yar Massacre to see real Naziism. We scream "Poverty!" even though our poor nearly all have at least one car, a cell phone for every family member and are obeise to boot (been to WalMart lately?) and we scream "Nazi!" when law enforcement officials actually try to enforce the law. Like most Americans we---fortunately---have not seen real poverty or real brutality.

As a caveat, I see your point and I can see future roadblocks of more dubious nature arising, and for that we need to be always vigilant. But screaming "Foul!" at every government act is a sure way to get folks who are now close minded to never open their eyes. In their minds, we would be quickly discarded into the trashbin of loonyism until it was too late.

Keith

The only point I was trying to make is that there are checkpoints already in America..... once again the desensitizing of America is the point. People have said..."ohh just give him your info and go on with your day".... The problem is that this is just the begining. Lately I have heard of them taking laptops out of citizens cars and downloading files from you. This maybe what you are looking for from your other comment....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUzd7G875Hc

beating a pastor...hmm

Wait. I thought conservatives despised illegal immigrants to no and. Someone actually tries to find them and they go crazy? The border patrol agent seemed only interested in if the man was a US citizen. Did you even watch the video?

jj

That's true. However, I think many likely scenario that would lead to societal collapse would also lead to a large portion of the population dying off. Massive disease epidemic, widespread hunger and starvation, Zombies ;)...

Besides, once society collapses, are you telling me you are going to care what the hunting/fishing regulations are?

Let's just hope it's zombies. At least then you're justified in killing them.
Headshot to zombie = hero. Headshot to starving person = bastard.
Besides that's what we all have the guns and ammo for and have trained for all our lives right?

Book has been written over prior to A.D. 70

have you studied the book of revelations this has all been fore told i know no religion to be discussed just a interesting read that applies to todays conditions

if i have crossed the line please delete but just pointing out a interesting point.

this might be worth Listening to even as a non believer but just to be "prepared" case you never know. A lot of whats happening has been covered here .

http://www.ccseportland.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=149

this is not something up for discussion as per rules just a something to think about and draw your own conclusions relating to world conditions and being prepared for whats to come if anything at all .a buddy of mine fellow board member sent me this link and it blew me away.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top