JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Delta or not, would a Sargent first class really have talked to a Captain that way?
You wouldnt know the rank of a D boy unless you had to know. First names and no insignia.

It was not uncommon for rangers to provide outer cordon and pull security for Delta raids up through GWOT. A ranger captain wouldnt be saying dick to a dboy about TTPs

And yes, enlisted guys will correct and officer with a quickness in that world. 15-20 years of experience vs 2 years regular army and maybe a year or two with a platoon or an ODA.

I got to work with COL Steele in iraq and he was one of the finest officers and took care of his enlisted guys. This was before he got ran out of the army for killing too many bad guys.

You wouldnt know the rank of a D boy unless you had to know. First names and no insignia.

It was not uncommon for rangers to provide outer cordon and pull security for Delta raids up through GWOT. A ranger captain wouldnt be saying dick to a dboy about TTPs

And yes, enlisted guys will correct and officer with a quickness in that world. 15-20 years of experience vs 2 years regular army and maybe a year or two with a platoon or an ODA.

I got to work with COL Steele in iraq and he was one of the finest officers and took care of his enlisted guys. This was before he got ran out of the army for killing too many bad guys.
They let him go because he killed them all, and there wasn't anyone left to kill!

;) :D

Consider it my potential ignorance, but why unchamber at all for a rifle that has a mechanical safety, and when not pulling the trigger anyway unless purposely to engage a target. It's not like they magically fire.

That's pretty much my whole attitude towards safeties in general.
I like mechanical safeties as an option, for example, going through thick brush could snag trigger if just the right angle of approach, but I don't rely on them to be safe with loaded guns, I just don't pull the trigger until I intend to.

I would guess here that all the various safety procedures and such are in place to "ensure" , as much as possible , for new to firearm soldiers...
Or for when soldiers are under stress , or extremely tired. , to have less of a chance of a negligent discharge.

Not saying that I agree with the above...nor am I saying that I or other soldiers that I was with always followed a set procedure or did what we were taught in basic or some other base policy....

My experiences with combat , has taught to use what works...be safe...but do what is needed so I and others with me can come home.
Andy

The biggest dangers in combat are boredom and complacently...tie these into overlooking small details and being tired all the damn time..and you have a recipe for disaster.
( In my experience )
So I can understand safety procedures and methods.

I can also speak from experience that I did not always follow certain procedures...which if it works well , can lead to promotion and or some sort of award or medals...if it don't work...well then your azz is grass and everyone else , is a lawn mower....:eek: :D

Consider it my potential ignorance, but why unchamber at all for a rifle that has a mechanical safety, and when not pulling the trigger anyway unless purposely to engage a target. It's not like they magically fire.
Because humans are infallible. Due to the law of averages; the chances of NDs rise when it comes to the administrative handling of firearms during training, or in a combat role where ROE apply.

This is why it is necessary to establish standardized operating procedures that provide redundant multiple fail-safe measures.

The biggest dangers in combat are boredom and complacently...tie these into overlooking small details and being tired all the damn time..and you have a recipe for disaster.
( In my experience )
So I can understand safety procedures and methods.

I can also speak from experience that I did not always follow certain procedures...which if it works well , can lead to promotion and or some sort of award or medals...if it don't work...well then your azz is grass and everyone else , is a lawn mower....:eek: :D
I came to the conclusion that my azz must taste delicious, because all the senior sergeants were always chewing on it….

:D

Because humans are infallible. Due to the law of averages; the chances of NDs rise when it comes to the administrative handling of firearms during training, or in a combat role where ROE apply.

This is why it is necessary to establish standardized operating procedures that provide redundant multiple fail-safe measures.
As someone with "above average" intelligence and skill, limiting myself to the capabilities of the lowest of a large group has never been enjoyable.

The age old adage that a team is only as strong as its weakest link.
I get that. It wasn't until senior year of high school when I wrestled for the first year that I realized I enjoyed it a lot more than other team sports because at the end of the match the only one who could let me down was myself.

Purely as a civilian...

Bump in the night: Hammer down, Rapid Rack in chamber. Grab red handle and grip-n-rip and ready to rumble.

Out actively "in the field": Cocked, charged and locked with Triggersafe over trigger. Jerk lanyard, flip safety, bang.
For me it's grab the loaded, decocked, one in the chamber, DA/SA, no safety, handgun that I've probably shot more than any other firearm in existence, and a very reliable flashlight. Then very quietly and carefully go hide in the nearest closet. :D

For me it's grab the loaded, decocked, one in the chamber, DA/SA, no safety, handgun that I've probably shot more than any other firearm in existence, and a very reliable flashlight. Then very quietly and carefully go hide in the nearest closet. :D
By the time somebody's forced the studio door it's already Bayonet Range with the M4.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top