JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They let him go because he killed them all, and there wasn't anyone left to kill!

;) :D
He was a brigade cmdr in the 101st. He made kill boards and tracked each of his battalion commanders kills. Made it a competition to see who could kill the most bubblegumheads. Awesome dude and great warrior.
The betas and cucks in the Army dont like real warriors so they ran him out.

Last Edited:
As to the OP with respect to an AR my standard MO is: if I am not actively using the weapon I drop the mag, lock the bolt to the rear, verify the chamber is empty, drop the hammer, insert mag and put gun wherever gun is going. To use…pick up and charge a round into the chamber and get to work, no immediate work… safety goes on and weapon is slung, from there…on target, off safety…off target on safety.

The betas and cucks in the Army d
Seems to describe current and recent top leadership to a tee. I miss the days of Schwartzkopf!! But even then, General Colin Powell was a puthy.

I would have, I developed a distaste for authority, especially the officer class, soon after basic.
USCG aviation officers were generally aloof, as they should be, and even senior aviation rated Chiefs were so, but First Class NCOs were generally dicks... give somebody a little power/authority and they get all uppity. Being a top NCO, you get extra responsibility, extra authority, but you also get extra attention and crap from above.

My safety

1629309554595.png

When I saw that movie in the theater , the opening scenes were satellite images from the battle and such,...
I saw myself and guys that I knew. , locations that I remembered..that was pretty surreal , to say the least.
Andy
It's DEFINITELY surreal seeing some of the shiete you personally saw happen being recounted on the History Channel….

It's DEFINITELY surreal seeing some of the shiete you personally saw happen being recounted on the History Channel….
Very true.

And while I really don't want to re-live those "historic moments" , I took part in...
I also don't want to forget them or the lessons they taught me.

When I was at the high school I taught at....
I had a student ask me :

" You were in the Battle of Mogadishu right Mr. W____?"
"Yes" , I answered....
"Cool , I got a video game 'bout it"
Was his reply.

"Well the real thing , wasn't any game , as there are no "heath packs" and "power ups" in real combat...
Also if you lost , chances are you'd never play again."
Was my response.

He grew thoughtful for a moment...
And said :
"I never thought about it that way before...Maybe I outta stick with Grand Theft Auto."

Funny , sad and says a whole lot 'bout life experiences all at once for sure.:D
Andy

We in the A.F. had the same SOP as the Army with the M-4, but because every airman carried a different pistol, we had to carry empty chamber, de-cocked and safety on if applicable depending on the pistol! Once on standing alert, for the M-9 guys, loaded chamber, hammer de-cocked, safety off! For the SIG guys, cocked and locked, safety ON. Glock guys were Empty Chamber, Loaded Mag, For us 1911 guys, cocked and locked, safety ON! Any other weapons carried had their own procedures. Other then the Glock guys, once over the wall, pistols stayed the same until brought into action, though in practice, only the 1911 guys kept the safety on through out until the pistol was put in use!
Once stood down, or off alert, pistols were to be empty and in holster. Rifles were to be unloaded and bolt open to show clear, and slung or racked and secured! Secondary weapons like the M-203 were a little more complicated, but we were almost always left alone, segregated from the rest of the normal squadrons/wings anyway!

Every time I see big wide open ocean, I'm reminded that there is probably a metal tube full of sailors preparing war shots... though I can neither confirm nor deny actually taking part in anything like that.

Those of you who chose to serve as a ground pounder, regardless of branch, have my respect.

Having been in the Battle of Mogadishu...I can say that in my experience..we were taught certain ways and methods...but often
in practice , used what actually worked for us...which may have been different , than what was taught or considered SOP.
Andy
I just stumbled on this U-tuby video and wondered if you had seen it and if so if you thought it is accurate?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top