JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bond, James Bond.

Of course since I just got back from seeing it... I might still be a bit jaded.

In the opening ... a guy has gun in hand, then doesn't. Bond has sub-gun with singlepoint sling, until the sling isn't there.
at 8 - 11 seconds has sling.
So maybe technically a Glock 17 is not a subgun ... but it does have tacti-cool bits added --
FAB Defense KPOS Glock to Carbine Conversion

Fist sized holes .... same trailer 1:03-1:04 (yes it is this hand gun causing them
Arsenal Firearms 2011 Dueller Prismatic

And
shooting down the helicopter with a PPK

Of course I have no problem with the plane going down the mountain ski slope! Go figure. (it's in the trailer too)

At least the DB5 re-appears!

Does Ursula Andress appear in multiple Bond films?
600px-Cr67-ber34b.jpg
Ursula as Vespa 1967

18863694.jpg
Ursula as Honey 1962

I watched one episode of Air Wolf and never returned. Even as a kid I new "whisper Mode" on a helicopter was bogus. Turns out later in life I would become an H53 crew chief in USAF, it was a common joke among us. And why have a rocker switch for it? Wouldn't it be best to fly all the time in whisper? Or does it use too much fuel?

I was watching Blacklist the other day, which I love. But those fools fire rounds off in cars like its nothing. One scene had a little girl in the SUV and the female agent is just sending rounds down range and no one is even flinching.

That and everyone carrying cross body draw in the walking dead. that irritates me more than it should.

I'm sure magically fully suppressed firearms is already listed somewhere too.

I watched one episode of Air Wolf and never returned. Even as a kid I new "whisper Mode" on a helicopter was bogus. Turns out later in life I would become an H53 crew chief in USAF, it was a common joke among us. And why have a rocker switch for it? Wouldn't it be best to fly all the time in whisper? Or does it use too much fuel?

My dad flew Hueys and Cobras and Im confident his tinnitus is proof there is no whisper mode on helicopters! :s0160:

Every son of a gun time someone picks up a gun it makes a clacking sound.

Every time some son of a gun grabs a shotgun they rack the slide.

Every time some son of a gun points a Glock you hear a hammer get cocked back!

Every damn time.

Aside from incorrect period guns for the supposed year setting of the movie - incorrect military uniform accouterments are probably my biggest beetch.

It's intentional. Very intentional. There is typically an advisor on site to ensure that they are not accurate. Apparently it's so a foreign nation etc will not have the proper uniform code.

In "Transporter - the series" with Chris Vance they are constantly showing him manually shifting in his Audi a80. Dont think that car was ever made with a manual, even in european trim options. They magically never show the steering wheel with the paddles on the backside. Then the bad guys are driving little v6 mercedes suvs which he can never outrun...

Or in other movies (bad boys??) where the Ferrari can't outrun the semi loaded with cars...

NCIS - they cannot only tell what make of gun shot the bullet, they can tell which model, and often if it was a special model and sometimes the government agency or corporation it was sold to and when. All that from the lands on the projectile or the marks on the shell casing. :rolleyes:

I will give them that they can usually tell that it was a 9mm Para (although, that may be close to the same diameter as a .38 special/.357, or it could be a .38 Super, or .380 or some other 9mm variation), and maybe they can tell it was *probably* a Glock from the polygonal rifling, but to know whether it was a G17 v. G19 v. G26? Come on. :rolleyes:

One that's always irritated me is the seemingly-magical, infinite ability to "enhance" surveillance images from completely unusable to crystal clear. I used to do photographic restoration for as a job and have even been called upon to make usable images of criminal suspects taken by surveillance cameras. It's often just not possible, and pretty much never to the extent they show. Such an unnecessary dramatic effect.

Then there's always the notion that time bombs must be defused during the last second before kaboom, never with a decent amount of time to spare.

Another I've seen a couple of times is a detective picking up a gun, sniffing at it, and concluding it had been fired recently. Kinda silly.

You guys are just RUINING some of my favorite movies/TV....

Reality shows are what is ruining television. I've got reality all around me, every day. I turn on the TV for my 3-5 hours a day and I want FANTASY, NOT reality, dammit!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top