JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It drives me nuts when the slide on a pump shotgun gets racked more than once and nothing ejects, yet it's supposedly loaded.
Don't EVEN get me started on the CGI muzzle flashes and ricochet sparks,....

It drives me nuts when the slide on a pump shotgun gets racked more than once and nothing ejects, yet it's supposedly loaded.
Don't EVEN get me started on the CGI muzzle flashes and ricochet sparks,....
I have come to the conclusion that all of the world's supply of magnesium must be being stored in those blue plastic barrels. dang sparky!

Ok, so I know it isnt firearm related, but it drives me nuts with current movies:

Love interests in EVERY MOVIE?! Why?!
Why does the expendables or any other action movie need a love interest that in no way shape or form blends into the storyline?
Hollywood, not every movie needs a love story jammed it it. And no, its not enough to make women tolerate or want to see it.. So why hollywood?! Stop using that Greek drama archetype for your movies.

Women taking on men 2-4 times their size, yet.. Its all equal force, hand to hand combat. Not groin, eye, neck or knee shots.. Which is BS. If they start showing women fighting
using techniques that could actually save them from a very large agressor then I could take it seriously.. But dont expect me to think a lady could take down 2-3 guys twice her size unarmed. Heck, even most male characters cant actually do that.

Forced minority quotas.
Sure, saying it seems racist.. But think about it like this, a storyline or the location of a story that normally would have NO minorities (this can also mean white folks) somehow had/has a token white/black/asian/hispanic, diabled or a female character where there is NO NEED for one! Im not at all saying make movies segregated.. But come on, forcing different races into a movie all to fulfill a racial quota is far more racist than my distaste for storylines and character interaction that isnt at all believable due to geographic location or culture in the said movie.
They just cram it into the storyline to make a fully diverse cast.

When movies force you to suspend all reality and scientific knowledge to make their movie work.. If it doesnt compute and its a noticeable error.. I cant stay interested. Sure, Ill let the fiery ship explosion in space slide.. But a fancy robot hand that the anti firearm bigot Charlize Theron has in Mad Max.. You know in the desert fallout wasteland.. Where only big robust items survive, like heavy machines and firearms.. Yet somehow this fancy robot arm is around? Yeah right.

When the hero always wins.
I like some realism, I like when a character like Jack Reacher or John Wick get the snot beaten out of them.. Like a real person.. And they then take out the enemy by any move or shot necessary. Its not as smooth, but it looks more realistic. And shows they're only human.

So, I understand changing the characters or having strong female roles somehow makes them more money in the box office with non target demographics still seeing it, and those alterations are to somehow appeal to the target demographic crowd to make more money..
And yes, people like happy endings in movies.. And movies dont do as well when its a sad ending.. Blah blah blah

o_Oo_Oo_OHollywood rule! Never pick up any weapons you are passing!

You hit the bad guy, he goes down. Wait! He's getting back up!
Personal rule: stop busting up the BG when they pull me off his sorry carcass!

Show the look on the drivers face, (as in "Duel") when he rolls around the bend and sees somebody (like me) aiming a crazed driver ventilator at him! Sorry! I had a vivid imagination and hated the pathetic, woosy azzed character that Dennis Weaver played. Err.....sorry! You probably don't know what I'm talking about. It's a movie from the last century. o_O

Last Edited:
How about that practically every part of a car is bullet proof? 5mins of full auto fire into any car that's being used as cover and not even a scuff mark on the paint. Yet any other car in the same scene takes any kind of a hit and instant fireball.

Oh and the ricochet sparks... everywhere with the sparks, hell even on GLASS!

Most older 70s-80s action movies/shows are all but un-watchable because of all the technical errors. Even the WWII classics, Patton for example using US M48 Patton tanks as German "king tiger" tanks... ironically both the US and Germans used Patton tanks in that movie!

Don't even get me started on any of the 'CSI' related shows... so badly done I have to leave the room when the wife puts one on.

It wasnt the movie's fault, but I was so annoyed watching Lone Survivor by the audience. They were so shocked as good guys started dying. Its called LONE survivor for crying out loud. It was based on a real event. Its like movies about Jesus. We all know whats gonna happen. Should they have titled it "Everybody dies but Marky Mark"?

I hate all the stupid fight ballet/gymnastics...since when is it a smart move to travel across a room to your backup weapon by doing cartwheels and backflips instead of running?... it's like watching a bad remake of Westside Story or Kung Fu Panda!:mad:...and then, when the hero is finally surrounded, why do all the bad guys then surround him then take turns being knocked out?...too much dodge ball at Camp Beyabadguy?:rolleyes:

Sci-Fi movies with sounds made in the vacuum of space.
And also the cheesy no gravity scenes where the actors pretend to be floating around.

Every sword upon being drawn from the scabbard rings of steel on steel. It's historically very rare where scabbards were made of iron or steel. It's just a bad idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top